Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,848

3 members and 2,845 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Fedex Wont Ship Live Animals

I've got my shipping label and everything set up to ship my BP hatchling tomorrow through ReptilesExpress. I contacted the only Fedex Ship Center near me (Not an Office and Print Center) to make sure I could drop off my live reptile tomorrow to be shipped. They told me I most definitely could not and they will not ship live reptiles. The woman on the phone sounded freaked out, asking me how big the reptile is... I contacted ReptilesExpress and they said they're talking with Fedex to find the nearest center that I CAN ship out of. Why can't I ship out of the Fedex Ship Center? It isn't an "Authorized" Ship Center or an "Office and Print" Ship Center, doesn't that make it a true Fedex Station that I can ship out of? I'm getting nervous now as they might not get back to me until tomorrow.

Thanks

Re: Fedex Wont Ship Live Animals

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    I've got my shipping label and everything set up to ship my BP hatchling tomorrow through ReptilesExpress. I contacted the only Fedex Ship Center near me (Not an Office and Print Center) to make sure I could drop off my live reptile tomorrow to be shipped. They told me I most definitely could not and they will not ship live reptiles. The woman on the phone sounded freaked out, asking me how big the reptile is... I contacted ReptilesExpress and they said they're talking with Fedex to find the nearest center that I CAN ship out of. Why can't I ship out of the Fedex Ship Center? It isn't an "Authorized" Ship Center or an "Office and Print" Ship Center, doesn't that make it a true Fedex Station that I can ship out of? I'm getting nervous now as they might not get back to me until tomorrow.
    The woman you talked to probably has never had someone request to ship a reptile before. Because FedEx does ship live reptiles, they're who delivered my snake to me. Ask to speak to her supervisor.
    0.1 het VPI axanthic (Arya)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I can verify, they definitely do ship live reptiles. Most boxes have "live harmless reptile" written on them also, so it's not like its a secret.

Thanks

http://www.ups.com/animals#Accepted+...d+Live+Animals

Says no snakes. I know that Reptiles Express and SYR do negotiate with them and they do actually allow snakes, so I am wondering why I am hitting all these road blocks.

We got in contact with a center that will ship it out, but they're under the impression that it is a lizard... Not a snake. I'm guessing Reptiles Express said Lizard when they called them because FedEx wanted me to verify it was a lizard. Anyway, they said I can ship out "as many lizards as I want" from that location if I'm a certified shipper. Which I am hoping I am (I have an account through Reptiles Express and have the shipping label through them)? Any further insight as to what to do? I hope this is all in order but I'm paranoid for my hatchling's safety and all the FedEx people I talk to sound unsure and frightened on the phone when I tell them it's a reptile, making me feel more nervous about this situation.
    Last edited by Galaxygirl; 05-26-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    http://www.ups.com/animals#Accepted+...d+Live+Animals

Says no snakes. I know that Reptiles Express and SYR do negotiate with them and they do actually allow snakes, so I am wondering why I am hitting all these road blocks.

We got in contact with a center that will ship it out, but they're under the impression that it is a lizard... Not a snake. I'm guessing Reptiles Express said Lizard when they called them because FedEx wanted me to verify it was a lizard. Anyway, they said I can ship out "as many lizards as I want" from that location if I'm a certified shipper. Which I am hoping I am (I have an account through Reptiles Express and have the shipping label through them)? Any further insight as to what to do? I hope this is all in order but I'm paranoid for my hatchling's safety and all the FedEx people I talk to sound unsure and frightened on the phone when I tell them it's a reptile, making me feel more nervous about this situation.
    You just gave a link to a UPS site. So WHO are you trying to ship from, FedEx or UPS? They're not the same...
    0.1 het VPI axanthic (Arya)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmelly View Post
    You just gave a link to a UPS site. So WHO are you trying to ship from, FedEx or UPS? They're not the same...
    Oh wow, didn't even realize. Sorry, through FedEx not UPS

Thanks
    First yes FedEx does ship snakes for authorized shippers. You are shipping under reptile express account which in turn makes you certified. Yes FedEx is stupid lol. What you ran into is not common but it does happen. They don't know their own company rules. It should have been one call and fixed though. If reptile express is saying you are shipping a lizard when they knowingly know it to be a snake then shame on them. That kind of stuff is what gets the whole reptile community in trouble. SYR gives you an additional tag to put on your package to try to help avoid this problem. I have no idea if reptile express does that also or not.
    Ron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bondo View Post
    First yes FedEx does ship snakes for authorized shippers. You are shipping under reptile express account which in turn makes you certified. Yes FedEx is stupid lol. What you ran into is not common but it does happen. They don't know their own company rules. It should have been one call and fixed though. If reptile express is saying you are shipping a lizard when they knowingly know it to be a snake then shame on them. That kind of stuff is what gets the whole reptile community in trouble. SYR gives you an additional tag to put on your package to try to help avoid this problem. I have no idea if reptile express does that also or not.
    Maybe I should switch to SYR..Reptiles express was around $15 cheaper for shipping and supplies from them was also cheaper so I chose them initially.
    I don't know what Reptiles Express told FedEx but I just changed it to Pickup to try to avoid issues. I have a shipping label from Reptiles express that says "Reptiles Express" in the return address area, as well as "Live Harmless Reptile" on the box. FedEx will come to my house to get the hatchling this afternoon. The new customer service agent at Reptiles Express was very nice, but said a lot of "Maybe" and "I'm not sure" to my questions which didn't help my confidence with my first shipping experience. Sadly Debbie is no longer there.. I was looking forward to working with her after hearing about her phenomenal customer service.

Anyway, Lil Binky is all ready to go in her box. We've said our goodbyes!

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Good luck but you should have taken it to the world center that is a building and air conditioned and not a bumpy hot cargo truck bouncing around till whenever they get back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Good luck but you should have taken it to the world center that is a building and air conditioned and not a bumpy hot cargo truck bouncing around till whenever they get back.

Yea, I asked Reptiles Express what was better and they said it doesn't matter. I guess they should have recommended dropping her off. She was just picked up and it's about 83 degrees fahrenheit so hopefully it's not too bad in the truck. Next time we'll do drop off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast