Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,993

0 members and 2,993 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Reptilinks?

Thanks

Reptilinks?

In it's traditional style, Facebook is constantly bombarding me with websites it thinks I might be interested in, and one that's come up a few times is this reptilinks site. I have to admit I'm pretty interested, though mostly for my husbands bearded dragon and the frillies I'm hoping to get, though they claim they're just as good for snakes. I am seeing that they don't have rat, but they do have rabbit, venison, chicken, and combinations of these that also include fruits and veggies. They're actual sausages, which I think is just the weirdest thing, but I have to admit it sounds a little easier than getting a hold of some of these food items regularly (where on earth am I going to find whole ground venison? ... What actually eats whole ground venison?)

Opinions? Thoughts? I have a rat colony, so I don't think I'll be considering them for my BPs, but for my beardie, and eventual other lizards and snake species do these sound like a good option?

Their website:
    http://www.reptilinks.com/#about

Their facebook page, specifically their photos where you can see some snakes chowing down;
    https://www.facebook.com/reptilinks?fref=photo

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Personally I'm not a big fan of super processed food, hard to know what exactly is in there and in what amounts. Plus I do have access to a variety of meats although for some exotic or hard to find proteins there are a number of places that supply pet food quality meat you can order. I use hare-today for example, all my pets eat a raw diet so we go through a lot of meat. My main concern would be I see they have stated their links contain higher amounts of calcium than whole prey, seems like you would want to stay close to a whole prey item in nutrients. Looking at their site, seems like considerably more fat, fiber and less moisture than your standard mouse or rat, not sure that simply feeding less is going to even things out but who knows.

Thanks

Re: Reptilinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Daigga View Post
    In it's traditional style, Facebook is constantly bombarding me with websites it thinks I might be interested in, and one that's come up a few times is this reptilinks site. I have to admit I'm pretty interested, though mostly for my husbands bearded dragon and the frillies I'm hoping to get, though they claim they're just as good for snakes. I am seeing that they don't have rat, but they do have rabbit, venison, chicken, and combinations of these that also include fruits and veggies. They're actual sausages, which I think is just the weirdest thing, but I have to admit it sounds a little easier than getting a hold of some of these food items regularly (where on earth am I going to find whole ground venison? ... What actually eats whole ground venison?)

Opinions? Thoughts? I have a rat colony, so I don't think I'll be considering them for my BPs, but for my beardie, and eventual other lizards and snake species do these sound like a good option?

Their website:
    http://www.reptilinks.com/#about

Their facebook page, specifically their photos where you can see some snakes chowing down;
    https://www.facebook.com/reptilinks?fref=photo
    Reptilinks is top notch food. More nutritious than rodents. These links are minimally processed, meaning they are just whole prey ground up. No additives.