Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

1 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New DIY lizard homes - (almost) COMPLETE!

Well, I really wanted to get everything done before posting pictures, but I really need a break so might as well. The enclosures are all done anyway, only thing needs to be done are the furniture, so...

I'll post another pic when all done with the hides and stuff.

Basking lights turned off because it's so hot today.

Here they are, all built from scratch. Notice I stained the wood from darkest (bottom) to lightest (top) gradually.

Last edited by hungba; 04-27-2015 at 12:26 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Here's a better pic showing top ones.

I wish I could make one more the same size but that beam on the ceiling doesn't allow enough room.

Last edited by hungba; 04-27-2015 at 12:31 AM.

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Re: New DIY lizard homes - (almost) COMPLETE!

That looks amazing. What type of reptiles is it going to be homes to?

Sent from iPhone 6 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    They're already in there.

Thanks
    Looks like its for Blueys! I am guess Northerns by the look of the substrate? The backgrounds look amazing! I wish I could pull off some backgrounds like that!
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    Very nice! What materials did you use? Are they just stacked on top of each other, or were they made to attach? Can I ask around how much it costs to build each unit?

Absolutely beautiful and well put together. I especially like the dinosaur background. Have you considered making those to sell?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Beautiful build and lizards. That's an unbelievable tease showing so little of the shingleback though! What's in the very top?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

Citrus (04-28-2015)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    Looks like its for Blueys! I am guess Northerns by the look of the substrate? The backgrounds look amazing! I wish I could pull off some backgrounds like that!
    From top to bottom, Northern, Shingleback (aspera), Merauke, Northern, Northern. ☺

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daigga View Post
    Very nice! What materials did you use? Are they just stacked on top of each other, or were they made to attach? Can I ask around how much it costs to build each unit?

Absolutely beautiful and well put together. I especially like the dinosaur background. Have you considered making those to sell?
    They are just stacked, no attachment. The enclosures are primarily plywood. Lost track of cost long ago... Backgrounds made from various materials including foam, plaster of paris, driftwood, bark, clsy etc. Bottom two backgrounds were bought. Top one was bought but I repainted it. The other two were constructed from scratch as detailed in my other two threads.

Never thought about making them to sell, takes a long time to make one and I'm not sure how well they would hold together during shipping.
    Last edited by hungba; 04-27-2015 at 07:44 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Beautiful build and lizards. That's an unbelievable tease showing so little of the shingleback though! What's in the very top?
    Top one is a northern. I will put more pics once cage furniture is done. Just super tired after pulling an all nighter to finally get them finished (at least the enclosures) then going to work the next day. Fell right into bed after I got home.

Here is a pic of the shingleback. There is a thread detailing the construction of that background below in this forum too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hungba For This Useful Post:

John1982 (04-27-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast