Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,554

1 members and 2,553 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Animal plastics 1 side humidity dropping

Just wondering if anyone else using a AP enclosure has this same problem where 1 side tends to dry out faster then the other? the side with the glass on the outside that I house my normal in tends to drop humidity quit compared to the other side that I never mist. Anyone come up with a solution to this? thinking it might be because the glass is on the outside causing more airflow or something thought about trying to put something on the edge of the glass to kind of close the little gap up to see if it helps.

Thanks

Re: Animal plastics 1 side humidity dropping

What is the humidity drop and where and how are you measuring your humidity? Also what substrate are you using?
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Eco earth I have 2 separate accurate humidity/ temp gauges. Left side with glass on inside is an 79% after substrate change and albino on that side just had perfect shed and right side setup the same way at is reading 55 on 1 and 57 on the other and have been misting few times a day on that side vs never misting on the left. I've swapped the gauges around with same results so there right

edit.. The snake on right Side is in shed too that's why I want it higher but just seems to dry out more
    Last edited by michaelt; 01-27-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks
    That's pretty odd. I have 3 AP enclosures, (different sizes) and my humidity stays relatively the same in all of them (+-10). Does one side possibly is getting more sun exposure than the other?
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    No sun in the room I do have a air purifier and space heater in the room but not blowing directly on the enclosure.. Yea I found it odd too.. That side tends to stay a little warmer then the other too.. Herpstat 4 set to 90 for flexwatt and 84 and 84 for the 40w rhps which the right side seems to average 82-86 and the other side is 80-81 under the panels and snake level. I'm going to try to drop the heat on that side to 82.5 and see if that helps. Both sides are identical except the one on left has more hides and such cuz she's only about 100g and my normal is probably 350g now

Thanks
    Well that 1.5 degree change on the herpstat seemed to help humidity was an 65% when I came home from work. Can't remember what it was before I left for work but normally its at 54-53 after being gone 9-10 hours at work. i guess I'll see what it's at when I get up also going to try to move the air purifier to different spot it does move some air but not by the enclosure and I'll move the space heater to see if that changes anything

Thanks
    Well after some messing around I figured that it's the gap between the glass I took a piece of paper towel and put it there to block it off and now it's staying very steady. Now just need to find a final fix going to see what I can find for a wiper seal to go on the edge of the glass. Must just be how the air flows threw this room

Thanks

Re: Animal plastics 1 side humidity dropping

Probably. That's really odd because my terrariums are In my home office and I always have the window half open for airflow and my humidity stays relatively the same.

Glad you figured it out though.
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Yea shouldn't be to hard to fix just finding a seal that will work. Could try moving stuff around in the room more but nothing is blowing that way computer blows out the top and back, purifier I moved and that also blows out the top and moved space heater but never had that blowing directly on the enclosure.

Thanks
    Just reverse the track the glass is in and reverse the gap. See if that changes anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast