Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,270

5 members and 3,265 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahh reunited

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ahh reunited

So to try to make a long story short and more to the point:
    Before I joined the military I sold off a good 95% of my collection. I only held on to three snakes: two 100% het genetic stripe females and a normal female. The het females because my buddy was going to look after the last three snakes had a genetic stripe male so I gave them to him for exchange in looking after them while I was gone. And the normal female because she was my very first snake I got when I was 10 years old.

Fast forward a couple years, I found out he went through a rough patch and sold all his snakes including mine. After a conversation, he misunderstood and thought I wanted him to sell those snakes as well being I sold off the rest of my collection. I didn't care so much for him selling the hets as much as my first snake, that sucked for me.

So fast forward about another year and some change, I see someone on a ball python Facebook group who is pretty local post a picture of a snake and I just think to myself "that snake looks way too familiar", so I drop him a message and ask him where he got her and he told me from a local guy. Asked him if it was so-and-so and he said yes. So I told him he situation and asked if I could buy her off him and would pay him exactly what he paid for her, being he said he overpaid for her because he really wanted her. He said he would consider it as he didn't want to sell her either and he was in the process of breeding her already. Well she went on to throw 14 eggs for him and a few months later I asked if he came up with a decision and he said he'd have to give it a little more thought and it would depend if he was breeding her again this year or not.

So a couple weeks ago he hits me up saying he's not breeding her and he would sell her to me for what he paid. Had to sell a female pied to come up with that money, but it was worth it. So now she's back in my hands. Turning 15 years old this spring, I'm debating breeding her next season or just buying her a cage and retiring her. Either way, very glad I have her back and he has earned a customer for life as I already have another snake from him now. Guess that story wasn't so short after all haha

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AjBalls For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

AlexisFitzy (01-20-2015),Bluebonnet Herp (01-23-2015),jrabbit (01-20-2015),mtag (01-31-2015),nucklehead97 (01-20-2015),PitOnTheProwl (01-20-2015),Savvy (01-20-2015),se7en (01-20-2015),Sirensong26 (01-20-2015),Syfaio (01-21-2015),The Golem (01-21-2015),Wicked Balls (01-20-2015)

Thanks

Re: Ahh reunited

Wow, that's fantastic Glad that you found her!!
    1.0 normal ball python (Atticus)
    2.0 cats (Amos and Adam)
    1.0 boyfriend (Alex)

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Awww that's so cute glad you guys are back together again

Thanks
    That's such a sweet story! I'm glad you found her
    ~Jessica

1.0 Pied Ball Python

Thanks

That is an awesome story, I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. My first BP was a normal and I couldn't imagine ever giving him up.

Sent from my snake room

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemisace For This Useful Post:

AjBalls (01-21-2015)

Thanks
    I am really, really glad you got your snake back.

I just really have to say I think the person was a bit greedy that bought your snake, If someone that served our country a veteran took the time to message me and explain that I bought his favorite pet snake and was willing to even pay me for it, I wouldn't hesitate let alone be like" naww gonna throw a Pastel male to her, she's a cash cow, call me next year."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransack For This Useful Post:

Savvy (01-20-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ransack View Post
    I just really have to say I think the person was a bit greedy that bought your snake, If someone that served our country a veteran took the time to message me and explain that I bought his favorite pet snake and was willing to even pay me for it, I wouldn't hesitate let alone be like" naww gonna throw a Pastel male to her, she's a cash cow, call me next year."
    Yeah I agree. I see so many stories of people who left their snakes in the hands of their friends when they go away somewhere, and then their friends get rid of their snakes that they were supposed to be watching and taking care of. Like who does that.
    But yeah, that's extremely rude and selfish that that guy didn't just give you your snake back because he wanted to breed her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ransack View Post
    I am really, really glad you got your snake back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpythoncrazy View Post
    Yeah I agree. I see so many stories of people who left their snakes in the hands of their friends when they go away somewhere, and then their friends get rid of their snakes that they were supposed to be watching and taking care of. Like who does that.
    But yeah, that's extremely rude and selfish that that guy didn't just give you your snake back because he wanted to breed her.
    Well he was breeding a super orange dream to her, so I count really expect her back right them and there haha

I'm really not too upset about, especially now win the end result. I was a bit worried at one point when I didn't hear from him for a bit. But I can understand where he was coming from too. I really wanted her and paid top dollar for her, I see proven morph females selling for less than what he bought her for. And he told me when I initially asked to buy her back "this is one snake I never planned on letting go." He also offered to buy her back in the event I ever decided to sell her.

Thanks

That guy seems odd... Did you ever ask your friend how much he sold her for? If he has a super OD I think he'd realize what a basic normal unproven female goes for. It seems to me that he may have been using not only her to make pocket change, but you too. If that's the case, I'd be weary of this guy. I'd be weary of any person who was in possession of (what is basically) a stolen animal and doesn't want to reunite said animal with its rightful owner. I, and most snake lovers I know, have genuine bonds with these animals. I would protect my snakes like I would my dog. That being said, I'm so sorry you had to lose her in the first place and I'm happy you've got her back. My first snake is my male normal, and I'd choose his $20 little butt over the $1,000s worth of other snakes I have.

Tl;dr: this guy seems shady, I'd be wary around him, and I'm happy you got what was rightfully yours returned to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congrats on getting your baby back. This is a great story.
    1.0 Normal (Drake)
    1.2 100% Het. Pied (2015 Male) . (Death of the Endless), (2015 Female)
    1.0 Pastel PH Pied (Dream of the Endless)
    0.1 Spider (Delirium of the Endless)
    2.2 Het Albino (Morph), (Destruction of the Endless) . (Despair of the Endless), (Marvel Girl)
    1.0 Mojave (Destiny of the Endless)
    0.1 Butter (Desire of the Endless)
    2.1 Pastel (2016 Male 1), (2016 Male 2) . (Pheonix)
    0.1 Cinnamon (Dark Pheonix)
    1.1 Piebald (Ice-Man) . (Emma Frost)
    1.0 Super Pastel Fire (Wolverine)
    0.1 Super Pastel Yellow Belly (Psyclocke)
    1.0 Albino Pastel (Colossus)
    1.0 Inferno (Cyclops)
    1.0 Banana Spider (Angel)
    1.0 Coral Glow (Sabretooth)
    1.0 Orange Dream (Havok)
    0.1 Jigsaw (Jean Grey)
    1.0 Pinstripe (Beast)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast