Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

2 members and 2,875 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

A few years ago until now.

WOW! I have totally forgot about this forum. I wanted to update my last post here that I have completely forgot about.

Just a reminder of where I was and I was really bad than more than what I shared in this previous thread
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...eed-to-open-up

The years have been rough but now I am coming out of that rock and hard place. I went through rehab and overcame addiction, I over came homelessness buy going through a transistional living, and recently like 20 weeks ago got into housing with free rent for one year, and the past couple of months started receiving disability income from Social Security. I have also in the past couple weeks been allowed to reclaim my place in this wonderful hobby. And this week I will be attending for the first time ever Repticon. I will be hanging out at the one here in Houston, TX with the best reptile facebook group in the country Houston Reptiles Group on Facebook. you should join we welcome all herp lovers from around the world, we are over 2000 members and we are an active group in the community and have a lot of hanging out parties.

I am so excited about getting to make first trip to repticon... this has been a goal of mine since I got into reptiles. I have been to other expos here in Houston but never been able to buy anything, even though I am going so I can hang out with some really awesome people that I look up to and that have done a lot to help me out and include me in all the activities, I still get to pick up feeders for my ball python, heating equipment. Since my only ball python is a therapy animal with doctors documentation behind him, my apartment manager said I could have like fish and spiders and scorpions. So I have been researching tarantulas and scorpions and how to care for them. So I might be able to actually pic up a new animal at repticon and that is going to be a blast for me.
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crepers86 For This Useful Post:

Sammiebob (12-06-2014)

Thanks

Re: A few years ago until now.

Wow. Just read your other thread. I'm really glad that you pulled through. It can be really hard sometimes. While I have never actually attempted anything, I've definitely had days where I thought about it, but realized that my parents have no clue what they're doing when it comes to reptiles. And I made commitments with every single one of them and I intend to keep them. My deepest congratulations. I hope the hobby really helps you even more.
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 Arg. Tegu
    0.1 Egyptian Uromastyx

Thanks

I'm very happy you seemed help and got the support you needed! I went through a similar situation with my son. He kicked his addiction and has gone back to college. It's a tough road and you are an amazing young man to come through the other side. I love you have a snake as a therapy animal! That is so cool . Good luck to you and enjoy Repticon! I'm hoping to go to my first one in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calmolly1 View Post
    I'm very happy you seemed help and got the support you needed! I went through a similar situation with my son. He kicked his addiction and has gone back to college. It's a tough road and you are an amazing young man to come through the other side. I love you have a snake as a therapy animal! That is so cool . Good luck to you and enjoy Repticon! I'm hoping to go to my first one in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too have started school this past year. It has been hard with no money starting out but, now that I have an income it is a little easier. With my disability it is also challenging, and I have to work 10xs harder than other students to stay on top but when I am making all A's gives me more motivation to keep on it.
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

Thanks

How is life going for you now? Most of all, HOW WAS REPTICON?!?! I am going to my first Repticon in June, here in Nashville TN. I am so excited! While I have never battled addiction, I have battled thoughts of suicide since about as far as I can remember. My pets and my kids keep me going. When my girls dad left me, all I had was my girls. Now, for me and my girls to heal, we are into the reptile hobby and it has put so much light into our lives!