Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,485

1 members and 2,484 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Aspen snakebedding

Hey,

i am placing my snakes on Aspen snakebedding now and was wondering i can just use my spray bottle to mist? And what if the bedding gets someshat moist? Will it give scalerot to my snake? Or will if be ok? ( keeping them on paper towels at the moment).
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 09-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    It would have to be excessively wet.. soak one area (usually over heated area) and leave a dry area. I use aspen but have slowly been moving to newspaper cause I have racks and its easier to roll up paper than deal with cleaning aspen...

Thanks
    Ok thx.

i have them in a rack too but the paper towels get dry very fast and that way i find it hard to hold my humudity up

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    I Have my snakes on Aspen bedding and they're both in 28 qt sterilite tubs. to keep humidity up I have a large water bowl and in the corners I have sphagnum moss which I keep moist. I have to mist only twice a day, once in the morning and once before I go to bed. my levels go up to like 57-62% humidity.

I doubt scale rot would be an issue, unless you kept it soggy and didn't clean it as often.
    If you're are not going to stand behind the soldiers, feel free to stand in front of them.

Collection:
    1 Blood Python. (Benito)
    1 Normal Ball Python (Breda)
    1 Coastal Carpet Python (Richthofen)
    1 Siamese/Tabby Cat (Junkers)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you spray your aspen it will develop mold very quickly.

I use aspen with hatchlings and never had to spray it.

If you have you humidity issues you want to use a substrate that you can spray and will hold humidity without molding.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    ok thx alot

btw how ever i do apriciate it, mentioning you have 28qt tubs dont tell me anything i live in europe and no idea what the size of an 28qt tub is if you could mention the length and width in inches i can convert them to cm's
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 09-17-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Females;

Males;
    ald