Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,333

2 members and 3,331 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Dessert Ball Python's

Hey every one,

I know as many people do know Dessert females are infertile, right?

now i was looking at the website of M&S Reptilien (german site, i am from holland and understand german as we get german at school) and they claim to have an "Proven Fertile" line of desserts.

i'll post the link to the site, hope that isnt against regulations.

http://www.ms-reptilien.de/tierbesta...n-regius?c=710

i will translate the following;

"" Wir haben mit unserem "proven fertile" Desert Zuchtweibchen dieses schöne Desert Citrus Pastel Weibchen gezüchtet. - Somit sollte auch dieses Jungtier zum Züchten geeignet sein. Gewicht: ca. 600 Gramm (Stand: 08/2014)""

translation;

"" With our "Proven Fertile" Desert Breeder female we hatched this beautiful desert citrus pastel female, therefore this female will also be fertile. weight +/- 600 grams 08/2014)""

(hope the translated part makes any sense, it is kinda hard to translate one foreign language to another fereign language, haha)

let me know what you think about the proven fertile part.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Scams are everywhere

How do you prove a 600 grams female to be fertile? Did they have some testing done? Do they provide proof of those results? Even if they do it does not mean the female can or will successfully lay a viable clutch of eggs!

She is a 2013 600 grams Desert that's all there is to it.... but very misleading IMO

Unless a female DESERT successfully lay a clutch of viable eggs this does not mean a thing, and even in the event someone claim their female has laid eggs (some have) it's still not gonna change anything for the Desert mutation as a whole, it's a dead end project that has been abandoned by many....make for cool pets though.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 09-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (09-15-2014)

Thanks
    yeah i understand what you are saying and know it is an dead end project. But i dont think they are trying to scam, they are actually a pretty big company/breeder with an big rep in germany, holland, france, belgium wich i dont think they will deliberately risk loosing on a scam however I agree with you on the fact they cant be sure she will be fertile but i guess they make that asumption on the fact the mother is a dessert ball.

but if indeed the cluch the 2013 baby came from was from a dessert female it would open up posibillities again, wouldnt it?

To bad they are asking 3900 euro's for it, that is about 5050 us dollar.

i would have mind taking a little risk but this is way to much haha.
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 09-15-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Dessert Ball Python's

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    yeah i understand what you are saying and know it is an dead end project. But i dont think they are trying to scam, they are actually a pretty big company/breeder with an big rep in germany, holland, france, belgium wich i dont think they will deliberately risk loosing on a scam however I agree with you on the fact they cant be sure she will be fertile but i guess they make that asumption on the fact the mother is a dessert ball.

but if indeed the cluch the 2013 baby came from was from a dessert female it would open up posibillities again, wouldnt it?

To bad they are asking 3900 euro's for it, that is about 5050 us dollar.

i would have mind taking a little risk but this is way to much haha.
    Do they have proof of their Desert female laying? (You would think if someone had a Desert laying they would seriously document the event) Even if they do it's one female out of ????? In the past 5 years how many females have successfully laid a clutch? (and desert have been around longer then just 5 years)

Let's say their desert female produced this female, this does not guarantee that this female will be fertile or lay eggs successfully and that is misleading IMO big breeder or not.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    yeah i guess you are right.

it's a shame though. the dessert is such a beautiful gene especially in combo with other morphs.

thx for pulling me down to earth again though

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts
    With all the controversy surrounding breeding desert females, if I were to claim that I had found a line of females capable of reproducing, I would want to point to several well-documented generations worth of snakes for that project before going public with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

alan12013 (09-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I have seen many claims of desert females laying but not a single one has actually provided proof. Many claims with no evidence and a few claims of people claiming an animal that does not look like a desert, is a desert and the babies also do not look desert.

I do disagree with nothing would change for the desert though. If someone had a female lay good eggs and hatch healthy babies, I know many people who would want those offspring and pay quite a bit for them, more than they are asking on the website, some proof would make that thing be an instant bidding war. If those offspring desert females laid good eggs and hatched healthy babies, you bet your butt the desert gene is back. The mechanics that cause the infertility are unknown, so no one can really say if it is actually possible or not. Right now, statistics says no though.

Thanks
    yeah

i guess i just got carried away when i saw that

thx all

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    Looks like a pastel enchi to me
    Lotsa Balls and more

http://www.tessadasexotics.com/

Thanks
    well if pastel enchi's look like that i guess i have to get me a enchi male to breed to my lesser pastel when she is ready

i have never been that much into enchi (due to the fact i am colour blind and realy cant see what makes the enchi so special on it's own) but if pastel enchi's look like that i am willing to get e one

Females;

Males;
    ald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast