Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,846

0 members and 2,846 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frozen/thawed

Thanks

frozen/thawed

heya,

ok like the titel says it is gonna be frozen/thawed food for my bp's.

i was wondering what would be the best way to get them from live to frozen/thawed food.

i was thinking of making a midway step first by giving pre-killed, i have tried that and with no succes when i open the tub thekinda shy away and when i come in with the pre-killed mouse they just turn their heads away.

when i leave the pre-killed mouse they just crawl over it and leave it be.

now the next i was gonna try is have an frozen thawed mouse warm up in warm water and have a different tub where i put in a live mouse for +/- 15 minutes so he gets his smell of in the tub, take the mouse out, put the bp in and then try to seduce it in taking the frozen thawed mouse.

but i realy could use some tips i have no xp in how to get them to eat f/t as my previous bp's all where on f/t when i got them.
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Registered User jasonmcgilvrey83's Avatar
    Thanks
    After warming up the frozen mouse try blow drying the head. Also u can get some used mouse bedding and roll leave the mouse in there to get the sent. Some bps are just picky.u can also try feeding him one live then a frozen one. The feeding responce after the live one should enhance and then try the frozen one. Good luck and congrats on the new family member

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonmcgilvrey83 For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (08-21-2014)

Thanks
    thx i will try that

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    oh up-date,

the f/t mouse was just about done warming up i took it out of the back and the mouse fell into the warm water, so i dipped it with an paper towel to dry it a bit took out the tub of my albino female let it rest a bit and then just pulled up the lid slightly and put in the mouse with some long thongs and she was all over it instantly

she is still hugging it atm and i am hoping she does deside to actually eat it....

(have had before that they strike strangle and then just leave it be and dont eat

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    Yeah I have a male that absolutely refuses f/t. I have tried different things, and so far nothing has worked. From what I understand some balls are just like that, and nothing you can do will get them to take f/t

Thanks
    yeah i know but the problem is i can't get live rats that are just a little bit bigger then a mouse and a normal mous is just to smale for this girl and for my orange ghost female

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    oh hell yeah!! just went to check and only saw the legs and a tail sticking out her mouth woop.

i am one happy herper

now lets hope the other 2 ladies (orange ghost female 320 grams and super fire female 76 grams will take it too

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks

Re: frozen/thawed

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    oh hell yeah!! just went to check and only saw the legs and a tail sticking out her mouth woop.

i am one happy herper

now lets hope the other 2 ladies (orange ghost female 320 grams and super fire female 76 grams will take it too
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to albinos_rule For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (08-21-2014)

Thanks

Re: frozen/thawed

Quote Originally Posted by albinos_rule View Post
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

dayum....

my little super fire took the little 13 gram mouse of the thongs faster then you can say super fire

can't try my orange ghost yet as i have no f/t mouse anymore...

but i am most pleased

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    hmm she strangked it and then just let it lay on the floor,

i dud just put the mouse back in warm water to give it some warm temp. and tried agin, again she took it now i just hope she will eat it

Females;

Males;
    ald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast