Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,486

0 members and 3,486 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User futurereptilebreeder's Avatar
    Thanks

Best Mid Range morphs to invest in?

Not looking For money, just wondering which ones sell the best and are popular..

Thanks
    Well here's the types of combos I like, not necessarily the most popular: chocolate, enchi, calico

Ryan Hatmaker - Hatmaker Reptiles-

Colubrids and Sand Boas

"Once you get your first snake, you've sold your soul to reptiles. You can try to leave or run away... but they will find you."

Thanks

Re: Best Mid Range morphs to invest in?

Thanks I really like chocolates 2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Your post makes no sense...

Best Mid Range morphs to invest in? << Indicates you're looking to make some money...

Not looking For money, << but now it's not about money? just wondering which ones sell the best and are popular << and now we're back to making money...?

Either breed what you personally like, or be honest about your intentions...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

brock lesser (05-26-2014),coldbloodaddict (05-25-2014),JMinILM (06-01-2014),OctagonGecko729 (05-27-2014),PitOnTheProwl (05-25-2014)

Thanks
    What do you consider mid-range? BPs go from $30 all the way up to $30,000 +
    To me, a good mid-range investment would be getting a coral glow/banana male het clowns,
    breed to clown females and shoot for banana/coral glow clowns. I think they are one of
    THE best looking BPs out there right now, but that's me.

Breed what you like, because all the varieties of BPs out there have their own following.

good luck
    Last edited by qegalpal; 05-25-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power,
    then we will know peace. Jimi Hendrix

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qegalpal For This Useful Post:

futurereptilebreeder (05-25-2014),JMinILM (06-01-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    Your post makes no sense...

Best Mid Range morphs to invest in? << Indicates you're looking to make some money...

Not looking For money, << but now it's not about money? just wondering which ones sell the best and are popular << and now we're back to making money...?

Either breed what you personally like, or be honest about your intentions...
    maybe he is aware that you wont make money when your normal hatchlings sell for 20 dollars, and that you also wont make money when your hatchlings sell for 100 dollars on average when you invest in high quality equipment.

maybe he thinks that the second way of not making money is better because while there are no profits, cashflow is higher and selling them is easier and more fun.

i see no contradiction. dont we all love it when an expensive hobby at least partially pays for itself? if you get a few hundred dollars every now and then, and invest it in equipment upgrades and nice new morphs, meaning you put the money back into the hobby, you are still not making any money.

midrange really is hard to define. also, you can use common genes to make stuff i would consider midrange by combining them. i would start with combinations of high-quality basic genes, like fire, mojave, black pastel, YB, enchi, calico, and go for nice combos like enchi mystic potion or super fire enchi or fire super stripe.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

eclipse3 (05-27-2014),futurereptilebreeder (05-25-2014),STjepkes (05-26-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pythonfriend View Post
    maybe he is aware that you wont make money when your normal hatchlings sell for 20 dollars, and that you also wont make money when your hatchlings sell for 100 dollars on average when you invest in high quality equipment.

Maybe he thinks that the second way of not making money is better because while there are no profits, cashflow is higher and selling them is easier and more fun.

I see no contradiction. Dont we all love it when an expensive hobby at least partially pays for itself? If you get a few hundred dollars every now and then, and invest it in equipment upgrades and nice new morphs, meaning you put the money back into the hobby, you are still not making any money.

Midrange really is hard to define. Also, you can use common genes to make stuff i would consider midrange by combining them. I would start with combinations of high-quality basic genes, like fire, mojave, black pastel, yb, enchi, calico, and go for nice combos like enchi mystic potion or super fire enchi or fire super stripe.

exactly what i meant-thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by futurereptilebreeder View Post
    exactly what i meant-thanks
    So you just want to make a hobby out of selling snakes? And it doesn't matter what morph as long as they are popular and sell easily?

Usually the folks who are into it for reasons other than money breed what they like, not what other people tell them to breed because they're popular or sell well...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Depends what you are expecting.
    There really isn't an answer to your question.
    Whatever you grow out today might not be whats hot when you breed tomorrow.

Personally I would say pastels. Then again that's a difference of opinion, I like dirty with high blushing. Also nice bright clean enchis.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

sho220 (05-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    So you just want to make a hobby out of selling snakes? And it doesn't matter what morph as long as they are popular and sell easily?

Usually the folks who are into it for reasons other than money breed what they like, not what other people tell them to breed because they're popular or sell well...

No I just like all of them and dont have favorites i just wanted to think of cool morphs to buy and see which ones sell best

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast