Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 604

0 members and 604 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Butter Calico Morph?

Anyone ever made one or know someone who have? Now, I know some people will disagree with me but i'm not looking for a Lesser Calico. Lesser is not the same as the Butter gene.

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting one but haven't seen any pictures of one. The closest thing i've seen is the Butter Calico Pastel morph. Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (04-17-2014),jclaiborne (04-17-2014),MarkieJ (04-17-2014),Marrissa (04-17-2014),Pyrate81 (04-17-2014),Spiritserpents (04-17-2014)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Butter Calico Morph?

So what makes you say butter and lesser are different morphs?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
    Knowledge is earned not learned.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    lol ^^

okay... so, super lesser, super butter, and lesser butter look identical and all of them have a chance to have the same eye issue.

when you breed a lesser butter to a normal, or to any morph really, you cannot tell apart the lessers and the butters. the same is true when you breed a lesser (or a combo containing lesser) to a butter (or a combo containing butter).

lesser and butter behave the same in every known morph combo. there is no known combo that can allow you to distinguish the two.

so i would say they are the same morph. or, lets put it this way: the abundance of indications that they are the same morph and the complete absence of evidence that they are not the same makes it really difficult to convince anyone that they are not the same.

and there is a practical issue: because the are the same morph, people have no problem at all with re-labeling them. so if you look hard for a butter, someone might just sell you a butter that was born as a lesser but got re-labeled to match your demand. that would not be a nice thing to do, but really, you would have no chance of ever finding out. so you really need a pedigree that goes back far enough into the past so that you can trace it to the original butter, and can rule out any mislabeling or cross-breeding with lesser over the years. this may be a difficult task, given that in recent years, many breeders mix the two genes and make no effort to keep them seperate.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

Thanks

Well I'll give you guys a good example: I have a bumble bee and I was looking for a butter fire for my bee. Now according to WOBP genetic wizard (its my only source of figuring out what i'd get), if you mix a bee with a butter/fire it will get totally different combos than if you'd mix it with lesser/fire.

That draws me to a conclusion that butters and lessers are not the same thing. I know this isn't the best argument but at least you can see the difference for yourself.

Last edited by Mr. Misha; 04-16-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

Dynasty Reptiles produces them. I produced a calico lesser this season and they are gorgeous.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    if you mix a bee with a butter/fire it will get totally different combos than if you'd mix it with lesser/fire.

But they are the same combo.....
    What you see in the photographs on WOBP is just natural variation.

If there's a lesser that looks a certain way, there's a butter out there that looks exactly the same. Also take into consideration the the spiders or fires they use could look totally different from the other and change the way the combo morph looks too....

Butter and Lesser are the same genetic mutation. Even their founding breeders say they are the same.
    Last edited by satomi325; 04-16-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Well I'll give you guys a good example: I have a bumble bee and I was looking for a butter fire for my bee. Now according to WOBP genetic wizard (its my only source of figuring out what i'd get), if you mix a bee with a butter/fire it will get totally different combos than if you'd mix it with lesser/fire.

That draws me to a conclusion that butters and lessers are not the same thing. I know this isn't the best argument but at least you can see the difference for yourself.

Look at Butter Fire Spider and check pics 4 and 5. Then compare them to the image of the Lesser Fire Spider. They look the same. Because they are the same. Look through the Lesser Pastel Spider and Butter Pastel Spider pics as well. They look the same. There's a huge variation in coloring and pattern with both, but they are essentially the same.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks

I disagree butter look different than lessers. Even on the WOBP it says that Butters are similar to lessers but come from a different bloodline. Just because they're similar doesnt make them the same.

1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Thanks

I feel like im fighting a loosing battle here. Lol.

1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast