Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,534

0 members and 3,534 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Chronic Injury/Pain Sufferers Unite!

I'm currently lying in bed, trying to isolate the parts of my body that hurt most. Currently it's my left ankle, due to strain from a very old knee injury that has now moved down my leg. While my knee fortunately doesn't hurt the way it used to, I can feel it weakening up on me, and my ankle slides on the pain scale between a 3 and 8. And I'm not even putting weight on it at the moment.

Just needed to vent for a minute, most of my other leg joints hurt too, but right now it's centralized in one or two incredibly irritated areas.

Anyone else deal with chronic pain, injury, Chron's or other such autoimmunes?

Sent from my warm hide using Tapatalk
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Archimedes For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (03-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Chronic Injury/Pain Sufferers Unite!

My back occasionally has rebellious fits and bothers me quite a bit, it has ever since I got in a car accident when I was 17. I went to the doctor like a week after the accident and all he offered me was pills for the pain so I declined bc I didn't really wanna get into that stuff. Never really bothered getting it checked again.

My arm is a little sore from being stabbed with a needle like a million times the other day, but that doesn't bother me much bc it was worth it :p

Pain is temporary

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike41793; 03-29-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Oh my goodness where do I even start. I started dancing at a young age and did it along side my dad who is a professional Hip-Hop choreographer. 10 years of Ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary, and hip hop dance has taken a toll on my body. I can't think of bones that don't hurt lol. I feel like I'm about 70+ years old because when it rains or gets cold it makes my joints and bones ache like crazy. I also have scoliosis so if I don't have back support it feels like someone is poring acid down my spine. I've never actually broken any bones dancing or doing anything else but I definitely feel all the falls I've taken over those years lol. I still love to dance but I do a lot less strenuous dances but I'm used to it. No Pain No Gain whoop whoop!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Broken clavicle from an IED explosion in 2007 healed non-union, so it floats around a little and almost always hurts. Can't raise that arm above my head with out a lot of pain, and since it now impinges on a nerve, I don't always have full feeling in my fingers on that side.

My doctor at the VA says its advanced arthritis due to over use during my military career....
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks

I have had surgery on both my knees, and now the VA says they are developing arthritis. I also have Meniere's disease. So I get massive bout of vertigo along with migraines bad enough that they have sent me to the ER. I was having 4-5 bouts a week. So they removed part of my skull behind my left ear to reduce pressure build up on the nerve. Followed by 3 rounds of injections directly through the ear drum of a toxin to try and kill the nerve. Neither worked, but it did manage to kill the hearing in that ear. I still get the migraines as well as the left side of my face has nerve pain from the surgery. The only thing that has helped so far is every 3 months I go to the VA and they inject a form of botox into the nerves in my face, head, and neck. It paralyzed the receptors so I can't feel the pain. 41 shots in total.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jclaiborne; 03-30-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    My feet are so flat that my arches actually flex the wrong way. In addition, my right foot was crushed when I was 7 years old. At age 50, I have severe pronation in both ankles. Because of multiple, severe ankle sprains, all the tendons in both ankles are stretched and weak. On top of that, I have arthritis in my feet, ankles and my knees. I have bone spurs in both ankles. I will need to have both knees replaced in a few years, my right knee being the worst. That crush injury when I was 7 caused a permanent limp which has played havoc with my knees and my lower back. My feet often feel like they are full of broken glass. It's a grinding pain I experience whenever I'm on my feet for more than about 15 minutes. Arthritis is also a lovely gift of pain that can flair up at just about any time. This winter here in Michigan was the worst I've ever been through and my feet, ankles and knees told me all about it. I'm actually always in pain. Always. Most of the time it's minor pain that I can deal with and just move on. Other times it's so bad that it brings tears to my eyes and I despair of even getting out of bed. But I get out of bed, pop some pill and keep going. Because if I don't, it will only get worse.

OK, I'm done whining now.

Thanks
    I was born without a right kneecap and my leg was hyperextended over my shoulder. The only treatment I've had was some strategic breaking shortly after birth and I have very limited motion. After some childhood falls, it's basically bone rubbing on bone with a bit of scar tissue mixed in.
    Oddly enough it's my left knee that has the most pain issues because it's had to compensate my whole life. For a 25 year old, I have some nasty old person level arthritis. I have a slightly off gate and limp sometimes. I have a lot of grinding and achey pain, but I'm not really sure what level it would count as because it's been around my whole life. I can't go over 4mph without my knee dislocating. Doctors find me very novel but are never much help. I'm going to need a knee replacement on both sides within the next few years, but first I have to convince a doctor not to make me wait until I'm 45.

Also, flat feet and severe big toe/little toe bunions don't help the situation.
    Last edited by Artemille; 04-14-2014 at 07:28 PM.

1.0 normal - Nibiru
    1.0 hypo pinstripe - Bellamy
    0.1 normal - Camila
    0.1 pewter - Penelope
    0.1 ivory - Veronie
    0.1 kenyan sand boa - Sanders
    1.0 anery stripe ksb - Cookies
    1.1 angolan pythons - William and Catherine
    1.0 western hognose - Clarence
    1.0 Mexican Black kingsnake - Ricardo
    0.1 Brazilian rainbow boa - Nijiko
    1.0 banana ball python - Tango
    2.1 ranitomeya imitator tarapoto - Lipstick and the boyfriends
    0.2 ornate uromastyx - Bennie and Millie

Like me on Facebook!

Thanks

Chronic Injury/Pain Sufferers Unite!

Right knee hurts quite a bit, from shooting up 6-7 inches in 3 months. A couple compressed discs in my back from lifting weights! Periodically hurts with a stabbing pain, usually is just a dull ache!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by creatism; 04-14-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Every once in a while my ankle will hurt or lock up from spraining it 3 times in 2 years(dancing, being clumsy, and stupid stuff)
    I don't have any other chronic pains, then again, I'm only 19.

Before I got root canals done though, I had some BAD toothaches all the time that would evolve in to ear/head/eye aches. Bad teeth run in my mom's family and I just happened to inherit them >.<
    My dad said he used to never brush his teeth before he married my mom and has never had a cavity, I literally deep-clean my teeth with a water flosser every day and I had to get 7 fillings and 3 root canals! Why couldn't I have inherited my dad's teeth???

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Dog View Post
    Every once in a while my ankle will hurt or lock up from spraining it 3 times in 2 years(dancing, being clumsy, and stupid stuff)
    I don't have any other chronic pains, then again, I'm only 19.

Before I got root canals done though, I had some BAD toothaches all the time that would evolve in to ear/head/eye aches. Bad teeth run in my mom's family and I just happened to inherit them >.<
    My dad said he used to never brush his teeth before he married my mom and has never had a cavity, I literally deep-clean my teeth with a water flosser every day and I had to get 7 fillings and 3 root canals! Why couldn't I have inherited my dad's teeth???
    Teeth are like the one gene that I got the good one of I think haha! I didn't have insurance for a bit so I hadn't been to the dentist in over a year. The hygienist told me my teeth looked fantastic and said she was jealous of how good my saliva was. I've never been complimented on my saliva before!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (04-14-2014),Pyrate81 (04-22-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast