Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,911

1 members and 2,910 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Stressing out

Thanks

Stressing out

So usually I have my friend's mom receive my snakes since she doesn't work and is usually at home. My friend told her yesterday and today that the snake would be arriving today. For whatever reason the package did not get signed for. I've been watching the status on my phone while in class. I see that is wasn't signed for and start panicking and calling. So apparently she's being returned to the Sacramento hub and I can't pick her up for another 4 hours. Well my friend doesn't get out of work until at least 5 more hours and I need her with since I put her name down since it's where I had it shipped. Hopefully she gets off at 7 because I have a 6-7:45pm window to get her before they try again tomorrow.

I'm going to have to skip my microbiology class tonight. Hopefully the teacher understands and emails me my test results because this is the last day to see our results from the different tests we ran to figure out our unknown bacteria. Sacramento is about 30-45 minutes away from where I live so I won't be able to make it back in time for class.

Most of all I'm just worried sick about her. Garrick packages well and I trust his packaging but I've never had a snake sit that long and I'm stressing out about whether she will be ok.

UGH. I need to be sedated until it's time. I physically feel sick over this. Next time I order I'm going to have them hold at the hub and avoid this from happening ever again.
    Alluring Constrictors

Thanks
    I'd be panicking right along with ya, I'm sure she'll be ok.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymonkee For This Useful Post:

Marrissa (10-31-2013)

Thanks
    I feel like we should have a Support Group thread for when delivery mishaps happen. I know when my next arrival gets flown in I'm not going to be able to sleep until she's safe in my hands. Definitely having them hold her at the package portal, too.

Hugs!

Sent from my cool hide
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Archimedes For This Useful Post:

Marrissa (10-31-2013)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Your snake will be just fine, once returned to a hub they remain in the office and the package stays at room temps.

I have had packages delayed due to plain issues and having to be re-delivered the next day and the animals were just fine and so will yours
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Marrissa (10-31-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Somewhat calmer but anxiously awaiting for my friend to call me saying she's off.
    Alluring Constrictors

Thanks

Stressing out

So my friend got out of work at 7:15, picked me up at 7:25 and we hauled butt to get to sac. We ended up getting there at 8:05 and pleaded with the guy saying I had a live snake and would not be able to get her tomorrow because of my two jobs. He eventually got the manager and my girl is alive and well sitting in her box on my lap. Prayers answered. so happy the manager had a heart.
    Alluring Constrictors

Thanks
    Awesome, glad it worked out!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazymonkee For This Useful Post:

Marrissa (11-05-2013)

Thanks

Re: Stressing out

I'm glad they showed some heart!

I go to school 5 days a week and most of the time I don't even get HOME until 6 or 7. Tuesdays I get home at noon so when I have to receive snakes, I usually have them hold at the hub. Like on Tuesday of next week, I have a new baby coming and she's being held at the hub until I can pick her up in the afternoon. The hubs are usually air conditioned and they sit in there until you pick them up. It's the warehouses that can get dangerous.

Again, I'm glad you got her!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BHReptiles For This Useful Post:

Marrissa (11-05-2013)