Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,205

1 members and 2,204 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Few things from a customer standpoint and breeder standpoint.

As far as fedex goes it pretty typical for them to leave the package at the door heck sometime they leave it at someone else's door . This is why as a customer when I receive a snake I track track the package and refresh as often as possible.

On the breeder side one of the reason breeders don't do signature is that in a lot of cases if the signature is on file, the package will be left at the door (in other words signature is useless), if the sig is not on file and the receiver goes to the bathroom or does not hear the doorbell the package goes back on the truck and is re-delivered next day.

Now paperwork as a customer, I really don't care, most hets I have received did not come with any paperwork the key is to buy from reputable breeders. As a breeder I still do paperwork for my customers to help them re-sell the animal in the future making it easy for potential customers to check that the animal was produced by me but this is not something everyone does quite the contrary and if you bought from someone reputable it should not matter.

Now as far as shipping while I understand not wanting a snake to be overheating I am having a hard time understanding using a 10 hour warmer (hand warmers are not like heat pack designed for shipping) that I would definitely have an issue with.

When temps require a heat pack I use a 40 hours heat pack, always have and never had an animal overheat.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BFE Pets (10-29-2013),RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Thanks

Re: Freaking so pissed off.....

Here they are....
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RichieBoo View Post

Here they are....
    Those are for putting in your mittens while playing in the snow, not shipping reptiles...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (11-06-2013)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichieBoo View Post

Here they are....
    Ironically what the seller is supposedly afraid of (overheating) is more likely to happen using those then it is using proper 40 hour heat packs.

Proper shipping is not that difficult well apparently except for some people
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Using those heat packs is just ignorant. As has been mentioned here, they reach a higher peak temp, which is more dangerous, and their duration is really only a few hours. They peak fast, high, and then fall fast.

The MINIMUM heat pack required for cold weather FedEx shipping is 40 hours. There are 60 hour and 72 hour heat packs as well. Those don't peak any higher than the 40's, they just have longer duration. They are actually great to use, they just weigh a bit more, and can affect your final package weight.

We cover heat pack use in the ShipYourReptiles Get Help section.

It isn't hard to find the right info on heat pack use, and very easy to do it correctly. A shame that this shipper did not.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

Crazymonkee (11-06-2013),Kinra (11-06-2013),MarkS (10-31-2013),Marrissa (10-31-2013),satomi325 (11-06-2013),Shadera (11-01-2013),Zombie (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Wow, Hot Hands!? Really? Thats just sad.. How's the new guy doing now?

I honestly can't stand using Fed Ex... I live in an apartment building and shipping to me is a nightmare. They won't leave it outside the front door and don't bother to get the key to the building to get to my apartment. Its not a big building. They find the right building every time and there are only 6 apartments in the building. They just show up and if you don't happen to be staring at the driveway that exact moment, you don't get your stuff then. UPS- whole other story. Never had one single issue.

Can UPS ship reptiles as well? Or does everyone typically hop on the FedEx band wagon?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

UPS will not ship live snakes legally. Its in their TOS. But other reptiles like turtles and lizards are OK. Amphibians too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by satomi325; 11-06-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    UPS will not ship live snakes legally. Its in their TOS. But other reptiles like turtles and lizards are OK. Amphibians too.

One of mine actually came in ups. I was shocked (and a little worried) when I got shipping info. But he said they were like grandfathered in for shipping.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post

Well that sucks.

And DooLittle, I wouldn't be worried I'd actually be thankful. From what I understand the shipping standard is the responsibility of the seller. And on top of that UPS won't ship High Value without insuring it themselves as well. I worked for a UPS once.. Their packing standards are awesome

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_DeCoste View Post
    Well that sucks.

And DooLittle, I wouldn't be worried I'd actually be thankful. From what I understand the shipping standard is the responsibility of the seller. And on top of that UPS won't ship High Value without insuring it themselves as well. I worked for a UPS once.. Their packing standards are awesome
    He showed up just fine, this was awhile ago. I was just worried because I didn't think ups could ship live snakes and I didn't want any problems.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast