Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,966

0 members and 2,966 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Right, that makes sense and I guess UPS cant ship live snakes... Bummer

Thanks

Re: Freaking so pissed off.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_DeCoste View Post
    Well that sucks.

And DooLittle, I wouldn't be worried I'd actually be thankful. From what I understand the shipping standard is the responsibility of the seller. And on top of that UPS won't ship High Value without insuring it themselves as well. I worked for a UPS once.. Their packing standards are awesome
    The "packing standards" are no different between UPS and FedEx. And UPS does NOT insure animals of any sort, high value or not. The shipping standards are indeed the responsibility of the seller, if the animal is packed properly, and temperature is properly considered (heat pack, no heat pack, or no shipment) you should expect a safe and healthy arrival. When there are system delays- misroutes, missed flights, etc, or the shipper does wacky stuff like this, that is when it can go wrong.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

satomi325 (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_DeCoste View Post
    I honestly can't stand using Fed Ex... I live in an apartment building and shipping to me is a nightmare. They won't leave it outside the front door and don't bother to get the key to the building to get to my apartment. Its not a big building. They find the right building every time and there are only 6 apartments in the building. They just show up and if you don't happen to be staring at the driveway that exact moment, you don't get your stuff then. UPS- whole other story. Never had one single issue.
    This is why I have inbound shipments held at the hub for me to pick up in the morning. I get there just before it opens at 8:30 and am usually out in minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 831 Posts
    Good place to ask this - I haven't shipped my first snake myself and my memory if the snakes I've received in the mail is fuzzy. What kind of tape do you use to secure the heat pack on the lid? I am TERRIFIED that the tape will peel off and the pack will fall on the snake and roast it. Is it just regular packing tape? A few layers or a single strip? I think when I do ship I'll put the snake in a deli cup to cover against a busted box, fallen heat pack, etc.
    Dreamtime Exotics -- Check it out!
    Ball Pythons, Monitors, Saltwater Reef, Fancy Rats, Ferrets

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    Good place to ask this - I haven't shipped my first snake myself and my memory if the snakes I've received in the mail is fuzzy. What kind of tape do you use to secure the heat pack on the lid? I am TERRIFIED that the tape will peel off and the pack will fall on the snake and roast it. Is it just regular packing tape? A few layers or a single strip? I think when I do ship I'll put the snake in a deli cup to cover against a busted box, fallen heat pack, etc.

I'm thinking that maybe mine have come with the heat tucked to one side wrapped in newspaper, snake on the other side? And crinkled newspaper is what holds everything in place. Sheesh, it's been awhile and I can't remember. Must be time for a new snake...
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

BPnet Senior Member SquamishSerpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ugh hot hands!!

Glad your snake is okay, I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrLang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DooLittle View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe mine have come with the heat tucked to one side wrapped in newspaper, snake on the other side? And crinkled newspaper is what holds everything in place. Sheesh, it's been awhile and I can't remember. Must be time for a new snake...
    I have seen what DooLittle describes. In fact, the snake that just came in yesterday had the heat pack on the side wrapped in newspaper.

When I ship, I tape the heat pack to the lid with one piece of tape on each side of the heat pack. I also put a layer of packing paper on top of the snake in a folded square (so it looks nice when you remove the top piece of styrofoam) and if the heat pack were to fall, it would fall on that piece of packing paper and never touch the snake anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHReptiles View Post
    I have seen what DooLittle describes. In fact, the snake that just came in yesterday had the heat pack on the side wrapped in newspaper.

When I ship, I tape the heat pack to the lid with one piece of tape on each side of the heat pack. I also put a layer of packing paper on top of the snake in a folded square (so it looks nice when you remove the top piece of styrofoam) and if the heat pack were to fall, it would fall on that piece of packing paper and never touch the snake anyway.
    I do the same exact thing and never had a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123