Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,739

1 members and 2,738 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Freaking so pissed off.....

So I get my Bumble Bee 100% Het Clown today... Fed ex leaves him on the front steps.. no knock or ringing of the door bell.. he could of been out there for 5 min to 30 min.. don't no but I checked 30 min before I found him there... Open the box and 2 little hand warmers thrown in the box and not even working anymore...I get him out of the bag and he is cold.. tongue was flickering and he was moving so i held him for a 1/2 hour then put him in a nice warm tub checked him 20 min later and he felt nice and warm.. Do you think he should be okay... called the guy and yelled a little and he said they were 10 hour warmers I said the trip he was on was over 12 hours what about the other 4 hours he said he didn't want to put a bigger warmer in there and toast him... and he sent no paper work... so pissed.. what would you do...
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks

Re: Freaking so pissed off.....

Forgot to ask what signs should I look out for that there is something wrong.. Thanks RichieBoo
    MALES.. 1.0 Coral glow Mojave... 1.0 Coral glow Scaleless head... 1.0 Coral glow Het Pied.. 1.0 Orange dream pastel.. 1.0 Black head Pastel Rng Rg.. 1.0 Calico Yellowbelly.. FEMALES.. 0.1 Bumblebee Scaleless head.. 0.1 Black Pastel 66 Axantic.. 0.1 Leopard Lesser Pastel.. 0.1 Champange Pastel.. 0.1 Pastel Het Pied.. 0.1 Enchi… 0.1 GHI.. 0.1 Het Albino.. 0.1 Mojave.. 0.1 Normal....

Thanks
    FedEx can really suck when it comes to delivering. Do you have a FedEx near you that you can pick it up? You usually get the snake earlier and don't have to worry about the deliverer failing at his/her job. 10 hours is not enough for a heat pack, but more importantly, hand warmers are not meant for reptiles! Big no-no in my opinion. If your snake is being active, it should be fine. Just don't warm it up too quickly.
    0.1 Blood Red Corn Snake (BHB)
    0.1 BRB (Elegant Reptile Images)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Registered User tristantheherper's Avatar
    Thanks
    that sucks i hope he is okay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tristantheherper For This Useful Post:

RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RichieBoo View Post
    Forgot to ask what signs should I look out for that there is something wrong.. Thanks RichieBoo
    I don't own BP's but I would look out for the snake being lethargic and/or unaware of his/her surroundings. Someone else with more experience could tell you more though.
    0.1 Blood Red Corn Snake (BHB)
    0.1 BRB (Elegant Reptile Images)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Thanks
    Wow sorry, I'd be more than pissed as well!! I'd be calling Fed Ex as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've had a ball python hatching so cold that it appeared dead. Mouth open, tongue hanging out, completely limp with no movement at all. I left it in a warm cage and came back later and it was acting just fine. Never had any further issues with him either. Best thing is to just keep an eye on him and let him settle into his new surroundings before doing much more with him.

Fed Ex where I live can be really bad depending on the driver. I've had packeges sent back to the sender before because I supposedly was not available for a signature (I had been sitting on the front porch all day waiting for the package) I'm sure the driver just didn't feel like driving all the way out to my place so he just skipped me and tried to put the blame on me. I've never had any problems with UPS though.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (10-29-2013),RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok there were a couple of things that went on but the one that would miff me is the heat pack thing. As for the het papers I can get you papers on every snake I own showing they are het Sunset. Doesn't make it any more true that the man in the moon. The bottom line is do you trust the breeder you bought the animal from to sell you a het. If so then you're golden if not then why did you spend your hard earned money on something that is backed by paper and laser printer ink? Could the shipping have gone better? Yes should they have used the right heating packs? YES!. Did your little one have a rought trip? Yep. In the end I think your snake will be fine and you'll make some really awesome animals in the fature with it..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

FedEx hardly rings my doorbell. They usually just leave the package and leave. One time they left the box on its side. Another time the guy was walking away with my package! I had to run out there to catch him.

Anyway, hand warmers are so bad for shipping. They burn too hot, too fast, and use too much oxygen in one go. And what if the package got held up at a hub? That's why most sellers put in 24+ hr shipping packs in case of delayed mishaps. That's horrible of your seller. I think you should write a BOI.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

RichieBoo (10-29-2013)

Thanks

Thanks everyone... he seems fine.. im not even that mad at Fed ex.... im mad that he thought 10 hours of heat would be enough and he told me in that small box those warmers would be fine and if he put in a bigger warmer pack that he would roast the snake.. so why didn't he put him in a bigger box.(shipping cost that's why)..... im gonna take pics of the warmers and post them..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast