Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,911

4 members and 2,907 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Customer hasn't picked up snake?

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    After looking over the guarantee on your web site, I would change the live arrival to include a disclaimer where the snake must be picked up / received immediately.
    The guarantee on the website isn't as detailed as the info I send via email...I need to finish writing the TOS for the website but it hasn't happened yet. I occasionally have customers who pick up snakes on their lunch break or after work, which I don't have a problem with. I've discussed it with the folks at SYR, and since they are in a climate controlled area it isn't really an issue. But leaving them overnight (and then all day the next day) is beyond what I'm comfortable with, and I told this customer that via email prior to FedEx closing on the day she arrived there. Prior to that, I made it clear that someone had to be there to receive the snake, and contact me within 1hr of the recorded delivery time (my standard policy) as when I sent the shipment it was for delivery to a residence. The customer changed it to be held for pickup, and it didn't occur to me that I needed to make it clear that she needed to be picked up the same day until it started to get late on the day she arrived. Obviously, I realize that now, but it never occurred to me that someone would leave their snake at Fedex for almost 2 days, especially since they were so anxious to get her shipped out.

Thanks
    Happy she made it through okay, but I still can't believe anyone would intentionally let their snake sit around for so long in unregulated temps. I feel that shipping is a stressful situation for the animal and if you can't be bothered to get them into their new proper habitat as soon as possible, maybe you need to reconsider owning pets.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple For This Useful Post:

nate212 (12-23-2013)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234