Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,674

1 members and 2,673 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I understand your frustration but 'getting even' or seeking revenge is really not the best use of your time. Instead, think of some way to be constructive about the situation. I agree that Petco stinks, I've had the same complaints myself, I've even written letters to the corporate office and of course have been ignored....I'm sure you're not going to follow through w/your threats, but I don't know you or what you may or may not do so try to relax a bit and think it over before doing anything rash. Next time don't tell them what you are buying the mice for....also, they sell frozen mice, did you ask for those? Frozen/thawed mice are what I would recommend anyway. Good luck!
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    I had a good experience at Petco, guess I am in the minority. The guy who works there owns over a dozen snakes himself, including 3 BPs. So he was very knowledgeable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killpetco
    ...i am having a friend go in to buy a lot of "Fancy Mice", for his "personal collection". I am, then going to record the execution c02 style, and leave the tape on their doorstep...
    LOL :lol:

I've had no experience with Petco, thank God. They've been given a bad enough rep for me to stay away from them.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Quote Originally Posted by killpetco
    ...i am having a friend go in to buy a lot of "Fancy Mice", for his "personal collection". I am, then going to record the execution c02 style, and leave the tape on their doorstep...
    LOL :lol:

I've had no experience with Petco, thank God. They've been given a bad enough rep for me to stay away from them.
    Well its not all Petcos, some actually have good healthy animals.
    I go there myself to drool at there vast variety of hides and climbs.

Thanks
    thats true in chicago to we went to buy some mice for my friends red tail and they made me sign a waiver saying i was going to take good care of these mice while their was like 3 mice sitting in the cage bleeding from being bitten and then the guy who grabbed them for us grabbed the two that were bleeding and tried to give them to us like we didnt see the blood

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What bothers me is that they'll sell animals that eat rodents, but won't sell rodents to feed said animals.
    I agree with Sophie, best thing to do is to try to turn it into something productive. You could be in legal trouble for gassing the mice and sending the videotape to them, it could be considered animal cruelty by a naive jury.
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

Thanks
    I agree PetCo is a very EViL place Petco is forever in trouble with reptial rescue and ASPCA I am talking about the Petcos in Southern Cali I too have seen snakes with mites crowded tanks poor lighting or over lighting dead frogs dead fish dead lizards I also hate the fact when you buy a snake from Petco they dont give you needed Info on snakes nor any reptial I think there should be a law that any pet-store must give info. to the buyer on the animal that they buy how to feed it keep it warm what not to buy for it ect... I know that I myself give every person that buys one of my snakes complete info. on what that snake needs and they have a care sheet to take home with them also my home phone number they know they can call me any time to ask questions I honestly think Petco should be shut down along with Petsmart it would make the world for Herps and animals a much better place =)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I honestly think Petco should be shut down along with Petsmart it would make the world for Herps and animals a much better place =)
    I disagree, I think such large pet stores help make owning animals more affordable, especially if you live in a small area. The real issue is responsibility; they need more quality checks and tighter cleanliness/hiring standards so you're hiring someone you're *sure* won't allow the animals to get mites or leave the tank filthy. They just need better business practices, but the chain pet store has definitely helped me when I needed to buy new tanks/equipment and there wasn't anywhere else around for miles that had what I needed.
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

Thanks
    I stand corrected you are so right I am sorry I did not even think of pplz in small towns bad me for not thinking LOL I just have seen so very much bad things at the ones I have been to I am turned off *bigger fines* to anyone found neglecting any animal and the people who are giving the fines need to take they're job more seriously. I agree with giving them up to a week to get the animal in proper enclosures or getting them to a vet for medical care but after that week is up and they didn't follow the deal they should be fined. Alot of people in Cali get away with it since the ASPCA is pretty leanient when it comes to birds or reptiles out here. =)

Thanks
    I have never been to a petco but I dont know now if I want to go to one.I think I this might just be me but I dont think any pet store provides proper care for any of there animals. Also I have checked Petco has caresheets on its website for all of the animals it sells http://www.petco.com/PetcoOnline/Car...ts.aspx#Snakes I don't know I think all pet stores should have a set stantard for all of its animals like having the Scientific names printed on the tanks. Also I think whenever you buy an animal they should give you a caresheet or recomend a good book. Something! I see more and more high school kids or teens working in pet stores I mean that is all good and well just make sure they know what they are doing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast