Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,913

2 members and 2,911 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    I went in to my local petco the other day to buy feeder mice. they were all out so i walked around and looked for someone to help me. i saw a dead beta floating in the water on my way, and remembered how i saw a lizard running around the last time i was there. i also got my boa chub-chub from there previously. , and he had mites, as well as all the other snakes. not just the boas, but the balls, and the little cornsnakes. i found someone who was cleaning out the tanks for the insects, which they keep right next to the reptiles. and asked her for some mice. the only thing left was fancy mice. i asked her for one of those instead, and seeing how they were a great deal bigger, i figured it was a nice step before rats. she refused to sell me the fancy mice, and walked away. i followed her and asked why she wouldnt sell them, she replied, "i have moral and ethical problems selling a fancy mouse for snake food". Thats a load of crap i said. i then pointed out the poor condition of all the animals, the dead ones, and pointed out how 8 snakes were kept in a 20 gal with 1 hide, and they were surrounded by bright florecent lights whit nowhere to go. i couldnt help it and i cussed her out, scaring 2 other employees. i then called the corparate office to tell them about the condition of the animals, and the hypocracy of their treatment of some animals, but not others. they told me they wont sell a "Fancy Mouse" for food due to them not being imbred, unlike the feeder mice. then i told her of all the other problems they had there, and she denied there was a problem, and said animals do not run on the loose there, and she knows for a fact. she told me there were no dead animals there, and the snakes did not have mites. i then told her of the costs to fix my mite problem, and more importantly the time and stress on the snake. she more or less pretending to half way care, but i had a feeling they could give a ratts A....... i am having a friend go in to buy a lot of "Fancy Mice", for his "personal collection". I am, then going to record the execution c02 style, and leave the tape on their doorstep.. My snake will eat like he is upperclass! I want to go back and kidnap the lady and all the employees, and feed them to an anaconda.. this might be why my g/f will not let me get one.. hehehe!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to killpetco For This Useful Post:

king216 (06-06-2010)

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah Petco is a serious pain down here in FL too.
    Only thing I ever bought from them was hides.
    Supermarket type pet stores don't usually have quality animals.

Thanks
    lol whats a fancy mouse? petco is so messed up. the one ive been to didnt look to bad actually, but i dont know they only had like one snake. at the time.
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    according to them a "Fancy mouse" is a mouse that is not imbred. a feeder mouse is just a bunch of retarded mice that have been rapidly imbred for feeding. i guess its okay to make mice even dumber and have more problems in the crappy little lives, and its alright to geneticly create a "fancy mouse", but it is not okay to feed that "fancy mouse" to a snake, that, according to petco would be unethical????? i asked if they knew this was an a$* backwards policy, but they said "we have morals and care for our animals. yeah enough to imbreed them. but i was willing to pay the costs, and they are all stinky rodents. they would not let me, so now all the fancy mice must pay, and petco must witness as my snake gobles each one down. i can make it just the middle eastern terrorist videos... but with mice... hahahah!

Thanks
    Where are you from? I just got a baby bp from my petco (reynoldsburg, Ohio) and it's doing great, I was weary about buying from them because of stories like yours. But thank god this one is well taken care of. I posted a form about petco too. Thease things make me so upset, that they don't care about the well being of animals. Everytime I go into a pet store I look too, I hate to see sick animals.Walmart always has betas in a teeny tiny cup and it makes me sad
    1 cat... Jim tressel
    1 ball python...Cujo
    My album

Banned
    Thanks
    ErRr Walmart doesn't sell pets here, thankfully!
    Well yeah not all major pet stores are horrible ...
    Thankfully Kitty found a nice one!

ErRr Kill ... Why did you tell them you're going to feed the fancy mouse anyways?!

Thanks
    Thankfully they have a vet in there thats a certified herp vet ad theres a dog one in the back too. When someone reports a sick animal at petco they treat them for free rite away and allow ou to watch what they do. they do fecials, chemical creme or food and injectiojn stuff ive saw at my local herp vet.

Thanks
    i didnt think anyone would have a moral issue with a fancy mouse being dinner. every other pet store i have been too has no problems selling any rodent for food reasons. i am in san diego. the petcos here are hit or miss. i will never step foot into another one again. i know some are better then others, but i dont want to support them at another store. thats what chains want you to do. unhappy with this location.. go here.. you think that class action lawsuit would have changed some things... this petco realy lacks in care for animals. theres always teens at this one, and they never seem to be able to answer a question. they couldnt tell me what type of wood their driftwood was made from.. i dont like putting in mystery things into my snakes cage. not many experienced adults want to work as a cashier at a petco, so they hire kids that just dont care enough about the animals. not that hiring teens is bad, it's just hiring people who dont know what they are doing.

Thanks

cheap bp site?

There is a nothwest seed area local petstore tha keeps major care fo all animals they have alot of rare ones too. like parrots,ant eaters, some rare geckos with weird names, awesome albino snakes, alot of bp's ect in excellent care all in seperate tanks and in back theres alot of breeding animals. Thats where i ought my last baby bp. for 40 bucks.

Banned
    Thanks
    I bought my Ball Python from a Reptile Store, that has 90 percent reptiles 10 percent exotics (Skunks,Suger Gliders .. etc)
    Sadly they weren't that educated in BPs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast