Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,256

1 members and 1,255 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: How does one go about exporting?

Quote Originally Posted by joebad976 View Post
    I would call up a breeder that has their Cites to figure out how to get one.
    First thing is first, you need to get an import export license from the Federal Department of Wildlife this could take 2-6 months to get. Once you get that you'll need to get Delta Dash Approved this could take upto a year to get an inspection by a Delta rep and get approved. Once you have all of this you'll need to apply for CITIES numbers to be able to ship. Then you have to deliver the shipment to an approved Port of Call for exotics shipping. It can be a quick thing then it can be a slow thing depending on how fast the paperwork gets approved.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

grits (10-03-2013),joebad976 (10-04-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    If those are the only three ports, why in the world would bob Clark open a facility in Houston?
    When exporting cargo ( which this will be considered) shipping is much different. I know for a fact I can export from Louisiana through New Orleans, Lafayette, Alexandria, and here locally in New Iberia. But none of those places can tell me how to get started.
    And as long as the plane don't touch down in another state before leaving the country them there is nothing illegal about it :/
    I should have said the flights go through those cities. Actually, they go through most major hubs. These are just the most common. When I actually checked, Delta has no direct cargo flights from LA, but Lufthansa does. They are probably your best bet. The domestic cargo carriers I checked all go through the hubs.

Thanks

I haven't looked enough into it, but isn't export internationally allowed under Lacey Act since it is leaving the country, not moving into or around the country? I don't have burms anymore, so I don't pay attention to the restrictions as well as I should, so I am going off hearsay, not experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    First thing is first, you need to get an import export license from the Federal Department of Wildlife this could take 2-6 months to get. Once you get that you'll need to get Delta Dash Approved this could take upto a year to get an inspection by a Delta rep and get approved. Once you have all of this you'll need to apply for CITIES numbers to be able to ship. Then you have to deliver the shipment to an approved Port of Call for exotics shipping. It can be a quick thing then it can be a slow thing depending on how fast the paperwork gets approved.
    I am delta approved, and my experience was different. I had a Delta rep on the phone and out to inspect in about 2 weeks, if that.

This was when I was working with venomous and burms, but for people not doing those or international, you won't need Delta, so don't waste your time or money because you do (or did once) have to pay for a rep to come out. Between that, CITES, permits, etc. I hope the original poster has some expensive snakes because it won't be worth it otherwise.

Right now we are working on figuring out the value in CITES and the rest of international shipping to see if we want to go there (not looking so though), so I will post a new thread in the future if I do with my experience.
    Last edited by WtGreg; 01-09-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    Ball Pythons.... I have a few

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WtGreg View Post
    I haven't looked enough into it, but isn't export internationally allowed under Lacey Act since it is leaving the country, not moving into or around the country? I don't have burms anymore, so I don't pay attention to the restrictions as well as I should, so I am going off hearsay, not experience.

I am delta approved, and my experience was different. I had a Delta rep on the phone and out to inspect in about 2 weeks, if that.

This was when I was working with venomous and burms, but for people not doing those or international, you won't need Delta, so don't waste your time or money because you do (or did once) have to pay for a rep to come out. Between that, CITES, permits, etc. I hope the original poster has some expensive snakes because it won't be worth it otherwise.

Right now we are working on figuring out the value in CITES and the rest of international shipping to see if we want to go there (not looking so though), so I will post a new thread in the future if I do with my experience.
    Please do! I'm also beginning to look into the ability to export, so I'd love to hear someone else's experiences with setting everything up if you decide to go that route.

Also, as far as the Delta Dash thing, I am not 100% sure that you still have to be a known shipper. I've heard from a few people that that may not be the case, at least for domestic shipping. I actually need to get my act together and find out for sure. I'm getting quite a few requests to ship to Puerto Rico, and from what I've been able to find out, no CITES is required for PR because it is a US territory. You just need a health certificate and they must be shipped Delta. At least that is what I've been told so far.
    Last edited by FireStorm; 01-10-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Thanks
    Nothing prevents you from getting some from your state. good luck!

Thanks
    After talking with a few breeders that do export, I have decided to hold out and see what becomes of the lawsuit USARK filed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12