Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,818

0 members and 2,818 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Hmm, do you have a heater or fireplaces anywhere in your house currently? The heat pad will keep the cage a bit warmer but it will also dry it out and you have to be careful that it doesn't overheat the enclosure. Also, you are not supposed to just use heat pads that are unregulated by a thermostat. Those heatpads can get so hot that they begin to melt. Damp rags can help for sure but you are restricting ventilation as well, just not as much as the plastic.

Could you toss up some pictures of the room and enclosure?

Just always keep in mind that ventilation and heat are the enemies of humidity in a cage.

By the way, you may want to read over this caresheet I made, some of the information you have isn't the best advice out there.

http://www.thelizardhorde.com/caresh...tedgeckos.html
    5.5.13 C. Ciliatus - Specialize in Super Dals
    0.0.1 V. Exanthematicus (Skorge)
    4.4 U. Lineatus
    1.2 N. Amyae
    1.2.2 N. levis levis
    1.0 U. Pietschmanni (Pietsch)
    5.2.2 U. Fimbriatus

Lots of BPs focusing on Clown stuff in 2014.

1.0 P. Reticulatus 50% Dwarf Purple Albino het Gen Stripe

Chris from The Lizard Horde
    www.thelizardhorde.com
    Our Iherp Reptile Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/TheLizardHorde

Thanks
    well i went out and bought a duel dome light with a day and night bulb today. Just hooked it up. I just hooked it up an hour ago but I'm out of the house at the moment, sitting in the club house so i can access the wifi to do homework and stuff.

and No i don't have any fireplace or heater in my apartment, I have a heater vent but it's not on (still too hot to use that) so there's ntohing sucking anything out. I removed the rag, it wasn't doing anything at all. So we'll see if the light does anything later today when I mist tonight. I have it hanging from my ceiling instead of resting on the screen lid because there is plastic rimming on it, and I don't want it to melt. it's hanging about... 4-6 inches from the top of the cage, I can lower it if it's too high. P: they're 60W bulbs (they didnt have any lower ones but they aren't suppose to make the cage hotter than the mid to high 80s, but thats why I have the lights hovering more than 2-3 inches from the top cus I'm unsure of the temperature it'll reach yet)

I'l take a picture of the area he sits in when I get back to my apartment and post it up later. P:

Thanks
    So here's the pictures of the setup and the room such as where he places. I live in a studio apartment so it's all pretty tight.

Thanks
    And another one. Closer up since for some reason it's not letting me put 2 images in one post on my phone...

Thanks
    Oh and sorry that earlie number I have on how hot the lights get things its suppose to me LOW to MID 80s. Idk why I said mid to high.

Thanks
    Sooo even with the light I can't get the humidity past 50. And the degree in the tank is only 70. The therm/hydro is sitting about in the middle of the tank too. Idk what to do......

Thanks
    An update. I fixed the problem. Switched from a dial meter to a digital..... Wow was that dial off. I've also decided to name my gecko Sita. He/she weighs 7g ATM (digital scale no more dials for me) and based on size and weight I have a rough estimate of about 4-5 months. The store said they e had him for about 2. P: fed him crickets as a sorry present Sunday so I guess ill be feeding him every Sunday unless he needs a bit more weight on him. I'm letting his cage dry out since when I misted last night at 40% he ran all the way to the top of the tank a close to the screen as he could get. Which is telling me by reaction alone that he doesn't care much for the humidity ATM. So ill be letting his cage dry out a bit more (to about 30% probably) before misting. Since I'm sure with that damned dial meter I've been over misting him .

Thanks
    His reaction was just because they don't like to be sprayed. Sometimes they will run to the top of the cage even when you just open the doors.
    5.5.13 C. Ciliatus - Specialize in Super Dals
    0.0.1 V. Exanthematicus (Skorge)
    4.4 U. Lineatus
    1.2 N. Amyae
    1.2.2 N. levis levis
    1.0 U. Pietschmanni (Pietsch)
    5.2.2 U. Fimbriatus

Lots of BPs focusing on Clown stuff in 2014.

1.0 P. Reticulatus 50% Dwarf Purple Albino het Gen Stripe

Chris from The Lizard Horde
    www.thelizardhorde.com
    Our Iherp Reptile Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/TheLizardHorde

Registered User AEnimaDrummer98's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My first Crestie!

Quote Originally Posted by M8D View Post
    Sooo even with the light I can't get the humidity past 50. And the degree in the tank is only 70. The therm/hydro is sitting about in the middle of the tank too. Idk what to do......
    Hey...Idk where you got your info but Temperature for Cresties should be in the mid 70s...Don't go to 80 or above!!!!

Thanks

Re: My first Crestie!

Congrats on your new crestie, i'm glad you got rid of that POS dial thermo/hygrometer you would probably be more accurate guessing yourself. you'll have a easier time with the humidity once you got the live plants in there, I keep mine in the plastic pots they come in then stuff the inside with damp sphagnum moss at the base of the plant. Do you have a set temp in you place or know about where it fluctuates? like it was stated above, 80 and above is not recommended for these guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12