Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,996

4 members and 2,992 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow ghost!

Thanks

Yellow ghost!

I havnt seen many people working with this morph. Not much to find on the web that I have seen. I see a lot of orange ghost stuff but no yellow ghost. If you ladies/gents have any info or pics of yellow ghost projects I would greatly appreciate it if you shared them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    yellow is to orange as lemon is to bell in pastels. Same morph different line.

Thanks

Yellow ghost!

That's what I was thinking but couldn't find that answer on the web, but does that stand true for those morphs known only as ghost. If so why have ghost/orange ghost essentially become their own morph while the yellow ghost still hasn't become as popular. Is it because not many people are working with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Breed a yellow to an orange and what can you really call it? It's just ghost or hypo. OG is NERD's line and by far the most popular, also I wouldn't put it past people to just start calling their unknown line of ghost, orange ghost. Ghost is the morph, orange, yellow, green, butterscotch,grey,peach, *insert other colors here* are all lines of the same morph. There are only 2 lines I know of that are not compatible, the G1 and the Gulf Coast Reptile line. Those are a different morph.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Pythonfriend (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    yes, once you mix them you cannot un-mix them anymore because there is not enough difference in the optics to sort it out, and then its just "ghost / hypo".

and since the lines are so similar, the way i see it happening is that people just researched which lines are compatible, and then look for nice examples of the morph and nice female het hypos and mix it up. because the best looking and cheapest ones just happened to be from different lines and different breeders.

and now there are many hypos of unknown line but known to be compatible, and some more or less obsolete lines are getting hard to find. Some just drop the label, some breed them for a while but then cross them with regular hypos.

also some people are a bit anarchistic when it comes to keeping lines seperate they buy a very nice pastel and then a nice lemon pastel that basically looks the same and then some combos involving pastel and one day they come across a cool citrus pastel female and take it home. and they might just call their exceptionally good pastel hatchlings lemon pastel, and the others pastel. same with lesser and butter, some just mix them and then call all hatchlings lessers to keep things simple.

you could say as soon as people realize that two morphs are really the same, gene transfer between the lines sets in, and then others see that its getting a bit chaotic and the different labels lose their value. Over time it simplifies things.

Go buy hypos, they are cool

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

Oombootoo (08-11-2013)

Thanks

Yellow ghost!

My yellow ghost female. The pic doesn't do her justice but she pulls off the ghost very well with immaculately shading. She has a resolving IR do to a long road trip but she is coming around. Just wanted some ideas of how she came to be a yellow ghost and Maybe try to start a project with the ghost gene.

Thanks
    if you dont have more information about the BP, then it just came to be a yellow ghost because someone somewhere for some reason called it that. You need something solid, like: the breeder who produced it sourced all his initial hypos from breeder XY, who is well-known to be working with that line.

who produced it, and where did the breeder source the hypo genes he is working with?

otherwise, if you do not have more infos that could back it up, i think its just a hypo.

Thanks

Yellow ghost!

Got her from a friend who has been breeding for ten years now. WOBP has a pic that looks just like her which was the only reason I took her in. My friend got her from a breeder and proved her out then gave her to me and kept the hatchlings. I wanted more info because I couldn't find yellow ghost projects on the web.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Here is one of my hypo mutts from 2012.

Mom's side is from whatever Brian Sharp was selling years ago (think I've read "yellow" but maybe it was "butterscotch"). Dad's side is TSK's "extreme" hypo (think they now call it "green").

So maybe it's a "yellow"?

This year I bred mom to a nice line I've been following around Denver for about 11 years. Supposedly came from a captive hatched that slipped through but I really like the look of it but don't know if the line has a name.

PS: I really think everything is now called "orange ghost" because of fear over incompatibility (not at all as common as feared) and peer pressure.
    Last edited by RandyRemington; 08-13-2013 at 12:20 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyRemington For This Useful Post:

Oombootoo (09-03-2013)

Thanks

Re: Yellow ghost!

Quote Originally Posted by Oombootoo View Post
    My yellow ghost female. The pic doesn't do her justice but she pulls off the ghost very well with immaculately shading. She has a resolving IR do to a long road trip but she is coming around. Just wanted some ideas of how she came to be a yellow ghost and Maybe try to start a project with the ghost gene.

lol I'm suppose to have orange ghost but it looks like yellow ghost from this picture above

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast