Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,400

2 members and 2,398 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Craigslist: What is this guy??

Quote Originally Posted by RissaEst View Post
    -_- Ok. You win. Your right I'm wrong. You can sing the "I was right and you were wrong" song. I am a liar. I made everything up. There is no other way than surgery. Your way is the only way. Torn ligaments can't be fixed without surgery because only modern medicine can fix it. Back before surgery was an option there was nothing you could do. Your 21 and know everything there is to know. Now you have closure and should never think of this thread again because I am totally wrong and you just won an online victory. Congrats.

Have a nice day.

Yes I'm 21. How old are you?
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

BPnet Senior Member I-KandyReptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,479 Posts

Craigslist: What is this guy??

Oh for god sake, this is ridiculous..

---------
    0.1 Dog (Truffles)
    0.1 Naked Cat (Mercedes)
    1.0 Hamster (Pumpkin)
    1.1 Bumblebees (Satyana & Weedle)
    0.3 Normals (Shayla, Rita and Althea)
    0.1 100% Het Pied Ringer (Avalon)
    1.0 Pied (Monsieur Piederoff)
    1.0 Lesser 100% Het Albino poss het OG (Tinersons)
    0.1 Spider Albino (Ivy)
    0.1 Mojave Cinnamon (Morticia)
    1.1 Normal BCIs (Damon and Conga)
    0.1 Crested Gecko (Natasha)
    0.0.1 Rosehair Tarantula (Charlotte)
    0.0.1 P.Metallica
    0.0.1 A.Avicularia
    0.0.2 P.Irminia
    0.0.1 L.Parahybona
    0.0.1 N.Coloratovillosus
    ?.?.? ASFs

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to I-KandyReptiles For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013),Chkadii (06-18-2013),Coleslaw007 (06-18-2013),DestinyLynette (06-18-2013),Inarikins (06-18-2013),Konotashi (06-18-2013),satomi325 (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Who cares if Snow is 21. She's showing much more maturity than the other party at this point IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (06-18-2013),DNACurtusK (06-22-2013),SnowShredder (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    Personally, I think they're both being ridiculous.
    0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python 'Marcelene'
    1.0.0 Hypo Brooks Kingsnake, 'Limonchello'
    0.0.1 Western Ratsnake 'Sticker'

?.?.? Dubia Colony.
    ?.?.? Madagascar Hissing Colony
    2.0.0 Ferrets 'Ferris' & 'Steven'
    3 gallon planted tank
    1.0.0 Avicularia Avicularia 'Peter'
    0.0.1 Brachypelma vagans 'Little Dude'
    0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus 'Mr.Bitey'

0.1.0 Catahoula Pitbull Mix ' Imogen'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anya For This Useful Post:

Konotashi (06-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anya View Post
    Personally, I think they're both being ridiculous.
    I do agree... I just feel so irritated that I can't help but respond!
    Females: 0.1 fire; 0.1 sugar; 0.1 GHI; 0.1 pinstripe het desert ghost; 0.1 mojave spider; 0.2 mojave; 0.1 black pewter blast; 0.1 leopard pied; 0.1 champagne; 0.1 pied; 0.1 super pastel lesser; 0.1 pewter; 0.1 spider het pied, 0.1 bumblebee; 0.1 lesser; 0.1 spider; 0.1 normal; 0.3 het pied
    Males: 1.0 het desert ghost; 1.0 pastel pied; 1.0 leopard; 1.0 black pastel; 1.0 enchi; 1.0 mojave; 1.0 cinnamon; 1.0 pied; 1.0 vanilla

Other species: 1.0.3 pacman frogs (sunkissed, super apricot, super blue, super lime green); 0.2 crested gecko; 1.0 hypo hog island boa; 0.1 normal boa; 1.0 rottweiler; 1.0 chihuahua

instagram = lesliep91

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowShredder For This Useful Post:

Anya (06-18-2013)

Thanks

I'm ashamed that I have fallen prey to my "need to have the last word" habit. But I am not ashamed to defend myself. It's rude and petulant to tell someone that their career experiences are not real. My job requires great physical and mental demand to keep dogs, cats, goats, horses, snakes and all sorts of critters alive and healthy. I administer IVs for dogs with parvo and kidney failure. I give shots and vaccinations. Sometimes I have to expel bladders for animals who are paralyzed or damaged. I do hydrotherapy and exercises for animals who have hurt themselves (ACL tears are one of reasons!). I give medications and so much more. This is 6 days a week. Often 12+ hours a day. I don't understand why I was being looked down on for offering help to a stranger. Conservative Management is a real thing. There have been animals on deaths bed who I have helped rehabilitate. Sometimes people can't afford sudden big medical bills. Especially emergency vet bills. I'm just here to help. Sorry I was childish, but WOW was I upset and shocked at what was said. I would love for this thread to die :/

EDIT: SnowShredder lets agree to disagree please.
    Last edited by RissaEst; 06-18-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RissaEst View Post
    I'm ashamed that I have fallen prey to my "need to have the last word" habit. But I am not ashamed to defend myself. It's rude and petulant to tell someone that their career experiences are not real. My job requires great physical and mental demand to keep dogs, cats, goats, horses, snakes and all sorts of critters alive and healthy. I administer IVs for dogs with parvo and kidney failure. I give shots and vaccinations. Sometimes I have to expel bladders for animals who are paralyzed or damaged. I do hydrotherapy and exercises for animals who have hurt themselves (ACL tears are one of reasons!). I give medications and so much more. This is 6 days a week. Often 12+ hours a day. I don't understand why I was being looked down on for offering help to a stranger. Conservative Management is a real thing. There have been animals on deaths bed who I have helped rehabilitate. Sometimes people can't afford sudden big medical bills. Especially emergency vet bills. I'm just here to help. Sorry I was childish, but WOW was I upset and shocked at what was said. I would love for this thread to die :/

EDIT: SnowShredder lets agree to disagree please.
    But from what I understand, you are not an actual VETERINARIAN, so you are out of bounds to be giving veterinary advice - especially if she is (obviously) having her dog treated by a vet. Even then, a veterinarian wouldn't be giving such advice over the internet without seeing the patient first-hand. There are legal consequences that could come from doing so.
    She never said your experiences were untrue. She simply stated that the type of injury that her dog has do not heal on her own. I'm not educated in this field (yet), so I cannot comment.
    ~My Wishlist~

Balls Boas Other Pythons Others
    Pastave Lipstick Junglow Carpet Python Kingsnake
    Lesser Brazilian Rainbow Boa SD/D Reticulated Python
    Butter Pastel
    Green Tree Python
    Albino

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Konotashi For This Useful Post:

DNACurtusK (06-22-2013),Mephibosheth1 (06-18-2013),rabernet (06-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
    She never said your experiences were untrue. She simply stated that the type of injury that her dog has do not heal on her own. I'm not educated in this field (yet), so I cannot comment.
    "I do not believe that lab healed after 2 torn ACLs. Seriously, ligaments don't repair themselves like bones or muscles."

Out of all the posts I never claimed to be a vet. Several times I mentioned that it was personal experience. I asked a few questions about her dog and said that Conservative Management could help him and that it could save her money. There are no legal consequences for suggesting types of treatment. I was also unaware that her dog had actually been treated before and was actively scheduled for appointments. Once again, I was trying to help someone who was in a money squeeze.

I have had "Veterinarians" suggest that I euthanize a Boa I rescued because she was so sick. She is alive and healthy today she just needed some TLC. I have had a "Veterinarian" give my Sugar Glider the wrong medication because it would require more check up visits. I told him exactly what the Glider needed but the vet told me I was wrong. My Sugar Glider died from the medication. I have had "Veterinarians" leave staples in one of my dogs after being spayed. Sorry if I am weary of what a "Veterinarian" says. But then again I have had a Veterinarian save my dogs life after he was attacked. Everything has its ups and downs.

Thanks
    Having owned sugar gliders, I can attest to the fact that you must find someone VERY experienced in their care and medical needs. They are very fragile, sensitive animals. If you knew the medication the vet was giving you was wrong, or if you didn't trust the vet/were not comfortable, you should have taken your glider elsewhere. I feel sympathy for your glider and am sorry for your loss; your animals rely on you to make decisions for them.

I'm a little skeptic of an ACL tear healing on its own myself, but like I said - I'm not in the field, I've never experienced anything with ACL tears, so I don't know anything about that. However, I think she made it very clear (many more times than once) that her dog was being treated by a vet and she was opting for what she felt was best for HER dog, which in her opinion, is surgery.

And vets will not usually suggest euthanasia unless they personally feel that an animal's quality of life is poor or if it is suffering. Your snake must have been in bad shape for them to suggest euthanasia - I'm glad she pulled through, though.

Vets are not miracle workers. They are animal doctors - mistakes and accidents happen, just as they do in human medicine. To assume that vets are all out to squeeze money out of all of their patients is crude, IMO. Many vets and all of their workers do deeply care about each and every one of their patients and want to do everything they can for them.
    Last edited by Konotashi; 06-18-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    ~My Wishlist~

Balls Boas Other Pythons Others
    Pastave Lipstick Junglow Carpet Python Kingsnake
    Lesser Brazilian Rainbow Boa SD/D Reticulated Python
    Butter Pastel
    Green Tree Python
    Albino

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Konotashi For This Useful Post:

Coleslaw007 (06-18-2013),Inarikins (06-18-2013),Mephibosheth1 (06-18-2013),satomi325 (06-18-2013),SnowShredder (06-18-2013)

Thanks

I'm too tired to continuously repeat myself and correct what some of the replies are implying that I said. However I did mention everything has its ups and downs. I did not condemn all vets. In my emails with SnowShredder she hadn't mentioned to me her dog was being TREATED already (emails obviously took place before this thread).

Theodore Zanzibar, my glider, died because I trusted that specific vet. He said it would help and the medication I was thinking of was for something else. Because I was taught that vets know what they are doing I trusted him. Its my fault for not going with my gut.

If I had never worked with dogs who tore their ACL I never would have mentioned CM. All I do is try to help people through my own personal experiances.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast