Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,987

1 members and 2,986 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

update on my blood- bad shed

as u know in the previous thread he didnt shed properly . he didnt shed his hole head including eyes. right now i can t post pics from my phone doesnt work. as soon as i can i will post.
    the thing that concers me is that his eyes weren't blury or white and they still look normal . but i am 100% sure he didnt shed the eyes becose the hole head is covered in old skin.
    i hope i can post pics soon and u will see what i am talking about.
    humidity is raised at 80-90% . i tried to rub the skin gently with a paper towel soaked in water , that helped and the skin started to take off but at the point of his eyes i stopped becose i dont want to harm him or stress him more.
    someone told me to put a towel soaked in water in his tube . but i dont understand how- should i put it over him or just put it there in the tube?
    if you know any other method i should use please tell me . i would prefer a method that wouldnt stress him so much or harm him .
    i will come back with pics as soon as i get home at my pc .
    thank you in advance .

Thanks

Re: update on my blood- bad shed

here are the pics:

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    I would put a few soaked paper towels or a well wrung out wet towel in a tub (with a lid and air holes) and put him in there for a while and let him crawl through it for 20 min or so. This is the method I use for ball pythons and it works great.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

DNACurtusK (05-22-2013)

Thanks

i tried this but it seems that it doesnt work....no changes... the skin its the same

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Either continue placing damp towels in the tub or make it a humid hide. After a few days with raised humidity it should come right off.

For my young bloods I have a hide in the back corner of the tub with a pile of cypress mulch in the front of the tub and a bowl large enough for them to soak to the side. I then mist daily in the hide and the mulch. Even with a base layer of newspaper I have great sheds doing this.

What are you using as a substrate in the tub? What type of humidity gauge are you using? Keeping 80-90% humidity should have the stuck shed coming off pretty well. I have a feeling that the humidity is not staying high long enough. I know my tubs don't hold humidity that well and that's why I use the mulch. It boost my humidity and gives them a place to burrow.

For a humid hide I just place moss in the current hides and mist it to the dampness required. Usually during a shed that's daily but during non shed I will dampen it and allow it to dry out and then repeat.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks

finally it came off with a little help ! thank you all , i put him in a tube with water and some paper towels .
    after 3 hours it came off .
    in a few days i hope he will eat