Thanks for checking this out

I recently purchased a 20 Gallon All-Glass Aquarium at a yard sale for an insanely low price. I am planning on using it to house my ball python, and would like to get it up and running so I can transition him after he sheds (which should be in the next few weeks). However, I am very new at the reptile thing (this is my first snake) and would really appreciate a ton of help on this.

My snake Mycroft is in a 10 Gallon reptile aquarium currently. He has a "log on the half shell" made of some synthetic material and a water dish as interior furnishing. For heating I am using an Under Tank Heater from Exo Terra (their jungle line), and am currently not supplementing the humidity any. I use a recycled pelleted paper product for the bedding.

I would like to upgrade his furnishings, and try to get the environmental settings dialed in a little better in the 20 gallon, since it will be his home for a number of years. What kind of hide should I be using?? Should I be using a UTH, or a heat lamp?? Should I be regulating the humidity or not??
I have tried to ask some of my contacts at the local pet shop (I breed mice there and sell them for the local reptile population) and haven't been able to get satisfactory answers.

I appreciate your help (hopefully I posted this in the right forum), and look forward to hearing from you

Mephi