Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,058

3 members and 3,055 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by rick*star View Post
    You guys are hurting my feelings! I might have to sign off permanently.
    Is that what you wan't????
    Unless you are willing to admit that all pets pose a threat to humans and it isn't just snakes that can be deadly, then yes I think that is what we want.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Hi Everyone, "rick*star is baaaack

Hey everyone, rick*star is baaaack! Reading most of your posts, it's interesting
    that making comparisons between dogs, cats horses, cars, bicycles, and gerbils,
    just doesn't wash. There's risk in everything, but, it's 100% certain that if you
    put your hand in the cage of, let's say, just about any venomous snake, you are
    going to get bit. Snakes are primordial creatures, taking them for a walk, or, I
    guess I should say slither, isn't going to happen. All these reptiles are capable
    of, is resting, killing and eating, making little babies, and that's about it. So
    please folks, don't try and make any comparisons of the danger between snakes
    and any other animal, it's just silly. Sit, shake, speak, roll over, or, in the case of
    a snake, bite, kill, swallow head first.
    Ok, I'm ready for the onslaught of insults and name calling!
    Welcome back.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more vapid or irrelevant, you once again proved that you are thicker than anyone gave you credit for.

What does it matter whether you can walk a snake, or cuddle with a snake, or express the anal glands of a snake like you can a dog? By not answering my question, you answered my question - you are a dog owner. Don't deny it. You own a dog - which explains your illogical and incoherent attempt to quantify or make excuses for the fact that dogs pose a much higher mortality risk than snakes.

What in your vast knowledge of venomous snakes qualifies you to assert that there is a 100% chance of getting bitten when presenting your hand to one? Listen Clown Car, when I want advice on skin tags, dealing with a sixth digit, the best ways to romantically woo my sister or homegrown remedies for dealing with hemorrhoids - I'll ask your advice. When it comes to snakes, you are about as qualified to offer observations or assess risk as Melissa Kaplan -or your poster boy - Winston Card the Herpetologist Who is Not a Herpetologist.

You are right about one thing - there is a risk in everything. If you had stopped with that one assertion, you and I would be in complete agreement on just one thing (and God knows how the Universe would have responded). However, you then had to go on to make one of the stupidest statements in BP-Net forum history. When presented with irrefutable data that proves that dogs kill more people in one year than snakes have in 20+ years you tried to negate that fact by validating the risks of dog ownership against the benefit that dogs can be walked, dogs like to lick their own privates, can be used to fetch slippers or taught parlor tricks.

Since I can't edit the diarrhea that dribbles off of hooves and onto the pages of this forum I'll be have to find contentment in the fact that your last post was so stupid, it will forever stand as a monument to just how stupid an idiot can be if he applies himself to it.

Plus, you did not do your homework like I directed you to. If you had, you would have discovered that Winston Card is to herpetology what Chef Boyardee is to fine dining. You get an F and a big frowny face for failing to do your due diligence.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 03-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

BFE Pets (03-09-2013),liv (03-08-2013),lmtrej (03-08-2013),satomi325 (03-08-2013),sorraia (03-08-2013),Valentine Pirate (03-08-2013),Wes (03-08-2013),Willie76 (03-08-2013),wolfy-hound (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Re: A member is on TV! (Intervention)

This guy doesnt desrve a response.... and thats all I gotta say about that....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by RedDragonMorphs; 03-08-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Ouch

You guys are hurting my feelings! I might have to sign off permanently.
    Is that what you wan't????
    No.

There are people who are afraid of clowns.

There are people that love clowns.

The former will want you to go.

The latter will want you to stay.

Your presence on this forum is needed. It's nice to have someone around here who makes the rest of us realize just how lucky that we are to have been born with a full complement of chromosomes.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Ashleigh91 (03-09-2013),DooLittle (03-08-2013),Kaorte (03-08-2013),Rob (03-08-2013),satomi325 (03-08-2013),sorraia (03-08-2013),Wes (03-08-2013),Willie76 (03-08-2013),wolfy-hound (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

A member is on TV! (Intervention)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiploder View Post

Your presence on this forum is needed. It's nice to have someone around here who makes the rest of us realize just how lucky that we are to have been born with a full complement of chromosomes.
    It's kind of like honey boo boo. Horrible tv, but man does it make you feel better about yourself.

That is correct Ricky, you have been put in the same boat as one Miss honey boo boo. That just happend.
    Last edited by Rob; 03-08-2013 at 02:36 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (03-08-2013),sorraia (03-08-2013),Wes (03-08-2013),Willie76 (03-08-2013)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Here's one thing I can't get out of my mind...

Since our new favorite troll's original concern was the children, and he's now talking about a "100% chance" of getting bit by a venomous snake if you stick your hand in its enclosure...

Who advocated allowing children to stick their hands in venomous snake enclosures?

Straw man argument perhaps?
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sorraia For This Useful Post:

Willie76 (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    Watched it. Don't have any idea who the guy is, but his arrogant attitude of "I'm gonna call you when I'm 80 and brag about how I worked with hots my entire life and never got bit" was more than a little offputting. Sure, the channel may have skewed some things a bit, they always do, but I couldn't have been the only one crapping my pants every time he put his hands within easy strike range of those hots. He also had no antivenin on hand, or a plan in place for if he was bitten for his family to follow. He's an accident waiting to happen, and someday his luck WILL run out.

Who was the older fellow that was trying to make this guy use some common sense? I tuned in a few minutes after it started, and it never said who he was. Crutchfield?

ETA - FOund a tiny bit of info on it, but no links to full show.
    http://press.discovery.com/uk/apl/pr...-intervention/

Guy's name was Danny Steele. There are some photos of him at the link.
    Troll aside...

I'm sure the editing had an effect on the viewer's perception of the situation but I'm pretty sure that Danny said he would never get "bit". I don't think they forced him to say that. For me, that was the worst part of the show and had the biggest impact on my view of Danny.

Thanks

Re: Hi Everyone, "rick*star is baaaack

Hey everyone, rick*star is baaaack! Reading most of your posts, it's interesting
    that making comparisons between dogs, cats horses, cars, bicycles, and gerbils,
    just doesn't wash. There's risk in everything, but, it's 100% certain that if you
    put your hand in the cage of, let's say, just about any venomous snake, you are
    going to get bit. Snakes are primordial creatures, taking them for a walk, or, I
    guess I should say slither, isn't going to happen. All these reptiles are capable
    of, is resting, killing and eating, making little babies, and that's about it. So
    please folks, don't try and make any comparisons of the danger between snakes
    and any other animal, it's just silly. Sit, shake, speak, roll over, or, in the case of
    a snake, bite, kill, swallow head first.
    Ok, I'm ready for the onslaught of insults and name calling!
    I'm not sure which is more stupid, your posts or your need to keep posting......
    0.1 Blood Red Corn Snake (BHB)
    0.1 BRB (Elegant Reptile Images)

Thanks

Here is the story straight from Danny's mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYSZes_DBmw
    Last edited by Wes; 03-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Ball Pythons(1)
    1.0 Black Butter - Maple
    0.1 Cinny - Spicy
    0.1 Pastel Calico - Sage
    0.1 Enchi - Willow
    0.2 Pastel - Sarena, Claudia
    0.1 Pinstripe Spotnose -Eve
    0.1 Pastel Pied - Trinity
    0.1 Lavender Albino - Zoe
    0.1 Ivory - Flare
    0.1 Spider - Medusa
    Ball Pythons(2)
    0.1 Pastel Het Hypo -
    0.1 Pastel YB - Kallisto
    0.1 Lesser Bee - Kaede
    0.1 Mystic Fire - Gabi
    0.1 Calico -
    1.0 SuperStripe -
    1.0 BEL -
    0.3 Mojaves -
    0.2 Lessers -
    0.2 Normal -
    Carpet Pythons
    0.1 50% Diamond x 50% Jungle - Jimma
    1.0 Coastal x Jungle - Java
    1.0 Coastal Jaguar Ps Het Albino - Jag
    1.0 Albino -
    0.1 Zebra -
    0.2 Red Coastals -
    0.2 Red Coastal Jags -
    0.1 Jag Chaos clutch -
    0.1 JagSib Chaos clutch -
    0.0.1 Tweener -
    0.1 unknown Probable Coastal -
    Retics
    1.0 50% SD Amel - Pythagoras
    0.2 50% SD Ps Het Amel - Bindy, Grey

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wes For This Useful Post:

Darkshadow1005 (03-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    hey new guy, who the bloody hell are you and why the bloody hell should ANYONE listen to anything you have to say? Do you keep snakes? Have you ever kept snakes? What type, for how long and if you don't still have them, why?

You REALLY shouldn't piss Ol Uncle Skippy, heh heh heh, off. And he's the NICE one.

So, genius who cares soooooo much for his fellow man and his children, other than showing just how stupid you are, what are you hoping to accomplish here?

What do you do for a living smart guy?
    Still waiting on answers to these questions. I'm pretty sure none of them are beyond your intellectual ability to comprehend and respond. I tried to use small words so even you could understand what I was asking for.

So, what's the deal?
    Last edited by dr del; 03-08-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: matching quote to edited original post
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast