Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,821

3 members and 2,818 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Moron's

Danny and his entire family are unwise for putting his children in harms way.
    Where is the Children's Protection Agency when you need them?
    Last edited by dr del; 03-05-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: replacing name calling

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Moron's

Quote Originally Posted by rick*star View Post
    Danny and his entire family are unwise for putting his children in harms way.
    Where is the Children's Protection Agency when you need them?
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Last edited by dr del; 03-05-2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: matching quote to edited post
    ~Steffe

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (03-05-2013),Coleslaw007 (03-08-2013),DooLittle (03-06-2013),kitedemon (03-05-2013),sorraia (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Re: A member is on TV! (Intervention)

Google "family lives with snakes" and you will find plenty of videos of family's and their snakes. One is a 12ish year old boy who takes rides on his 20+ foot retic or Burmese I forget which.

I was trying to find any info on this family in India or somewhere I saw on an extreme animals show. They are a big family who lives with thousands of wild snakes in their house. Like 2 feet deep EVERYWHERE including venomous snakes. They even use like 20 snakes as a blanket for their infant in his crib. He cuddles them.... None of them get bit.

Anyone else see this? Like 2 years ago on animal planet I think. Any links?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

The children's safety comes first!

I have read all the comments and I also watched the program with Winston Card as the host, and it's really difficult for me to
    believe that Danny had the best interest of his children's safety in mind. I wrote a message earlier but used a word that the
    editor chose to change. I thank him for that so I'll try and stay on point with future messages. What I don't think is, that
    Mrs. Danny Steele (wife), Ms. Carolyn Steele (Mom), and brother Tyler Steele, comprehend the mortal danger that her
    children, her grandchildren, and his nephews, are exposed to. Try and take your emotions out of this and look at it totally
    pragmatically. Danny has a lot of snakes both venomous and constrictors. They can kill with both their venom and their
    constriction. One memory lapse, one time forgetting to lock one of the cages, one moment of distraction, is all that it will
    take for this to become a tragedy. I know Danny thinks he was ganged up on, but, his family circled the wagons and stuck by
    him with through all these condemnations. I don't think Mr. Card is a bad guy, he was just trying to show that he had ton's of
    experience and that someone has to be accountable for the children's safety. The family seemed more concerned about how
    horrible it was that Danny was being attacked and not about the unsafe environment that the children are growing up in.
    Shame on you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: The children's safety comes first!

I have read all the comments and I also watched the program with Winston Card as the host, and it's really difficult for me to
    believe that Danny had the best interest of his children's safety in mind. I wrote a message earlier but used a word that the
    editor chose to change. I thank him for that so I'll try and stay on point with future messages. What I don't think is, that
    Mrs. Danny Steele (wife), Ms. Carolyn Steele (Mom), and brother Tyler Steele, comprehend the mortal danger that her
    children, her grandchildren, and his nephews, are exposed to. Try and take your emotions out of this and look at it totally
    pragmatically. Danny has a lot of snakes both venomous and constrictors. They can kill with both their venom and their
    constriction. One memory lapse, one time forgetting to lock one of the cages, one moment of distraction, is all that it will
    take for this to become a tragedy. I know Danny thinks he was ganged up on, but, his family circled the wagons and stuck by
    him with through all these condemnations. I don't think Mr. Card is a bad guy, he was just trying to show that he had ton's of
    experience and that someone has to be accountable for the children's safety. The family seemed more concerned about how
    horrible it was that Danny was being attacked and not about the unsafe environment that the children are growing up in.
    Shame on you!
    You know, Tyler posted in this very thread and didn't seem to think his family members were in any sort of danger.

Watching the TV program does not give you a clear view of what is going on in that house.

These "dangerous animals" are only dangerous if you are careless and irresponsible. Danny is none of these things. He ensures his animals are in locked enclosures, behind two locked doors away from his children. He is even looking into a new facility for his animals that would take them off his property entirely.

To say that he is putting his children at risk is absurd. He has taken every precautionary measure to ensure the safety of himself and his family.

Sure there is a risk when keeping these animals, but lethal accidents are few and far between. These animals only kill maybe 1-2 people per year where as cars kill approximately 30,000 people a year. Go find someone else to pick on rather than this man who keeps his animals the same way professionals at zoos keep them.

Also, Mr. Card is a joke and a lunatic.
    ~Steffe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (03-06-2013),sorraia (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: The children's safety comes first!

Shame on you!
    I'll give you credit for being the wordiest troll to ever grace this site. Unfortunately your comparative eloquence and your thin veneer of pretending to give a crap about Danny and his family are just that - thin and superficial. You are not fooling anyone as to why you are here and what your motive is.

Unfortunately, like most people who are trollish, vapid and self-delusional, your reasoning is also slow, lumbering and stupid. You came into a saloon full of gunfighters brandishing a spork. If you had two working brain cells to rub together, you would have done some research before you opened your mouth and smeared your verbal spoor all over this thread.

Let me educate you shrek*star, since 1990, there have been 16 fatalities attributed to captive, venomous snakes in the United States.

In that same time period, there have been 10 fatalities attributed to captive, constricting snakes in the United States. Since you probably have at most, 10 fingers, let me do the math for you before you bend over to take off your shoes and socks.

That's a combined 26 fatalities in 23 years.

Now let's do a simple comparison - since 2005 alone, 251 people in this country have been mauled to death by dogs.

The question to you, Mr. Troll, is do you own a dog?

If so, shame on you.

If not, go spew your crap on some dog forum.

For the record, Mr. Card is a fraud. A liar, a self-important tool, and a jackass of the highest order. In fact, if I ever meet Mr. Card in person, I would be tempted to kick him as hard as I can square in his a$$ for being a fraud and a cheat and a liar. Before I do so I will need someone to mark a good spot for me because - as far as I can tell - he's all a$$.

Before you post one more word of your drivel on this forum, take five minutes to research Mr. Card and report back to Uncle Skippy what you found.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 03-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.

9. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Andrew21 (03-06-2013),Andybill (03-06-2013),Annarose15 (03-06-2013),babyknees (03-06-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (06-04-2014),Chkadii (03-28-2013),Coleslaw007 (03-08-2013),Dave Green (03-06-2013),DooLittle (03-06-2013),Exotic Ectotherms (03-06-2013),h00blah (03-06-2013),interloc (03-06-2013),Jonas@Balls2TheWall (03-06-2013),Kaorte (03-06-2013),liv (03-08-2013),lmtrej (03-08-2013),MarkS (03-06-2013),MikeM75 (03-06-2013),Missvan (03-06-2013),REBELLMORPH (03-06-2013),satomi325 (03-06-2013),sbit (03-06-2013),sorraia (03-06-2013),spasticbeast (03-06-2013),Stewart_Reptiles (03-08-2013),Valentine Pirate (03-08-2013),Wes (03-06-2013),Willie76 (03-08-2013),wolfy-hound (03-06-2013),youbeyouibei (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    I see you lurking Mr. rick*star

Did you do your research on Mr. Card, the Dollar Store cashier and Taxi Cab driver?

Remember, extract you head from your perineum before you post here again. Right now you are about ready to respond to my post. I'm warning you Buttercup, do not do it until you bone up on your facts. Fight the urge to retort and do your homework assignment.

I let my contact on the teacup poodle forum know that you may be stopping by to chide them for keeping animals that are about 30 times as likely to kill them as are venomous and constricting snakes.

They are ready for you.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

babyknees (03-06-2013),Bluebonnet Herp (06-04-2014),Chkadii (03-28-2013),irishanaconda (03-31-2013),sorraia (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Don't do it!
    Last edited by Skiploder; 03-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (06-04-2014),Chkadii (03-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Uncle Skippy FTW!!!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Shame on you!
    Clearly you feel a lot of anger, maybe even hatred, toward people who keep venomous or constricting snakes and also have children. I simply want to ask…

Do you feel the same way about people who have children and also drive cars? Own dogs? Have pharmaceuticals in their home? Have cleaning chemicals in their home? Allow their children to take horseback riding lessons? Allow their children outside?!

Because honestly… those are much greater dangers to children. A few snakes, whether venomous or constricting, are of very little danger to anyone, including children, if properly and responsibly housed. But dogs, even small ones, are much greater danger. Far more dogs kill people, including adults, every year than do snakes. Dogs not only kill people, but also cause disfigurement and severe, even permanent, injury. Dogs aren’t just a danger to people, but also can cause a lot of property damage. Horses are even more dangerous. Although “bomb proof” is a popular term for the “been there done that” calm as can be almost dead lesson horse, no horse is truly that trustworthy. Put any horse in the right situation and they can explode, and that explosion can cause severe injury or death to any person, including children. If the horse isn’t a so-called “bomb proof” almost dead lesson horse, it is even more dangerous. Getting thrown from a horse can happen to anyone who is riding a horse, and can result in severe injury. A riding horse can also trip and fall on the rider, again causing severe injury. Just being around horses can result in bites, kicks, stomps, or get knocked down or run over, all of which can lead to severe injury. Horses kill people. And cars… do we even want to go there? Cars cause death and injury multiple times every single day. I’ll say that again. Every.single.day. You need not even be in a car to be injured or killed by one. Really, cars need to be made illegal. It isn’t enough to require licenses, seat belts, outlaw drunk driving, have all kinds of safety features, and say “be careful”, people are still injured and killed every day by cars, adults, children, and babies alike. Speaking of cars… how about the number of infant car seats that are improperly installed and lead to serious injury or death when involved in an accident? It is estimated as many as 75% of all infant car seats are improperly installed. If we want to keep our children safe, we should outlaw driving with an infant in the car. End of story there. And pharmaceuticals and chemical cleaners, how many times do we hear about children being harmed by those? It’s bad enough there’s actually a poison hotline to call so you can get help when your child does get into it…

All of these very real and very common dangers to our children, and you are concerned about snakes that are locked away?
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sorraia For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (03-06-2013)

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast