Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,808

1 members and 2,807 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    why didnt danny call the police as this happened?

if a camera crew turns out to be a bunch of lunatics and harass you and taunt your snakes and threaten and try emotional blackmail, culminating in an attempt to steal all the snakes, why hasnt the police been called?

is the police so bad that people do not call it because it would only make things worse?

Thanks

Re: A member is on TV! (Intervention)

For those who may want to seek out the show later, can anyone give the name of the show and the epsiode title or a season and episode number?

Thanks

I think I have it figured out, and it is bummer that i can't find it online anywhere.

The show is called Fatal Attractions:Intervention It would appear to be the pilot episode or season 1 episode 1

Here I was looking for secret snakes or Intervention (which is a show on A&E). Too much confusion. I didn't want to contribute to the conversation without seeing the evidence so to speak. Looks like I can't see the evidence.

Thanks
    I just listened to Urban Jungles Radio interview with Danny. I won't be watching that channel anymore. Cheers to Danny, knowing what all he's had to put up with.
    Last edited by adamsky27; 03-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks
    I watched this show last week and saw how it was a blown out fear factory, scary background music and all.
    I will say they did a good job making Dan look like a window licker but his husbandry and snakes looked good and thats when i realized something was off.

Never get bit? Good luck with that.

The show had only negative things to say about owning herps.
    The whole thing surprised me that a herptologist was in no way trying to educate the viewers other than saying crap to scare people.
    Balls
    1.0 Bumblebee Het Ghost
    1.0 Power ball
    0.1 Fire Ghost
    0.1 Butter Pin
    Milks
    1.0 Eastern milk snake
    0.1 Extreme Hypo Honduran
    Hognose
    0.1 Western hognose Albino
    Leopard Gecko
    1.0 Sunglow

Beware his song about big butts. He beats you up while he ppppllllaaaaysss iiiit-- Eyugh!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I work as a photographer, I shoot print ads often, most of the time actually. Photographs lie, that is my job to represent the best possible view of something and evoke the targeted feeling (the marketing people decide) with lighting and effects. I have a lot of friends in the media, media always manipulates the truth and skews the story to what will sell. Every notice how spokes people say very little and often refuse to say more? It makes it harder to alter if you say very little or if you repeat the exact same statement over and over.

The trust between a photographer and model or media crew and subject is very deep. Sadly many models/subjects fail to understand this. They fail to understand that the level of trust is at least that of taking a new lover, 'getting in bed with the media' is apt. There are always those that will take advantage of peoples blind trust/ or innocence for their own gain. I am sorry that Dan and family had the media use you like they did. I have not seen the show nor do I want to. The fact Dan is being careful shows there are a lot of paper to cover the crew and show/producers. I expect the truth will not be seen on TV but is somewhere else.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kitedemon For This Useful Post:

Jonas@Balls2TheWall (03-06-2013),sorraia (03-06-2013)

Thanks

I still miss Steve Irwin. My hero. He died on my 21st birthday. Animal Planet just isn't the same anymore.
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

Thanks

Does anyone else have an uncontrollable urge to beat this Card character into a bloody pulp?! This is infuriating.... Denial I have a lot of respect for you for not kicking his ass on your front lawn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ballbuster For This Useful Post:

Bluebonnet Herp (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    I have yet to see the episode, but after reading some articles about winston card, and listening to the UJR interview... WOW. JUST WOW.

For future reference, never let ANYONE from a network show film me or my animals. This is so awful. Animal planet has degraded so much since we lost Steve Irwin. The whole channel is just about making people afraid of animals. WHAT. WHY.
    ~Steffe

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    I have yet to see the episode, but after reading some articles about winston card, and listening to the UJR interview... WOW. JUST WOW.

For future reference, never let ANYONE from a network show film me or my animals. This is so awful. Animal planet has degraded so much since we lost Steve Irwin. The whole channel is just about making people afraid of animals. WHAT. WHY.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast