Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,492

4 members and 2,488 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts

A member is on TV! (Intervention)

Heh in the rainforest it's usually the last person in a group of people hiking to see the fer-de-lance that everyone just stepped over... Venomous would rather sit still and not be bothered rather than waste a bite on something it can not eat. Least we forget that venom does more than just subdue prey, it assists in the digestion process. As far as handling wild venomous goes. I can't say anything against it as I have free handled a fair number of quick and deadly snakes including wild western diamondback Rattlesnakes. It's not for every body and serves no immediate purpose. But can be done without harm when done right.

Cheers
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: A member is on TV! (Intervention)

Quote Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    It's not for every body and serves no immediate purpose.
    Much as the post above this one. I guess you missed it, but this isn't about free handling hots, it's about the lies and asshattery of animal planet and the way they lied to Danny.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    No I did not miss it - I just added to the current debate being mentioned. But thanks for pointing that out as usual Wilomn

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    No I did not miss it - I just added to the current debate being mentioned. But thanks for pointing that out as usual Wilomn
    Unless I missed it, you're the first one to mention free handling in this thread. It's not about free handling, no matter how much you want to brag about how cool you are. Perhaps if you stuck to the subject of the thread, how a member here was lied to and made to look like some ignorant keeper to boost ratings on a worthless TV show.

If you want to preen for us, start a thread about how neat you are, but leave this one to Danny and how he was taken advantage of.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    It's about the risk of getting close to a hot meaning that you will get bit just because you are in range, and the comments directed at such sayings. If it were a bragging post, allow me to get my soap box I keep for just such an occassion and spam pictures of said events for all to glow in. Oh wait, no that is what you want it to be about to have something to point out. Stop looking for stuff to complain about Wilomn - please. It's getting quite old.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

carlson (03-09-2013),Quantum Constrictors (03-09-2013),sharkrocket (03-10-2013)

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Texas Rattlesnake Roundup

You folks know that I'm not a big snake fan, but, when I saw a program that Animal Planet televised,
    it really made me sick! It was about a rattlesnake roundup in Texas, where people from all over the
    world would come, and roundup as many rattlesnakes as the could. Then, here's the part that left me
    pretty empty, they would take these helpless animals, and ruthlessly kill them in a variety of ways. There
    was nothing humane about this, and these people would get their kicks out of subjecting all these animals
    to cruel and barbaric ways of torturing them by hacking their heads off, or skinning them alive. There was
    this one guy I'll never forget, he wore this stupid looking hat with a stuffed rattlesnake on top, whereas
    he got in to a tub with live rattlesnakes setting some dumb Gluiness book of world record. I'm really
    surprised that the state of Texas allows this brutal act to go on year after year. I suppose it's all about
    the money!

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Sorry Folks

I know my previous thread was off topic, but I thought about all the horrific acts that
    are happening against creatures like snakes, just because well, they are snakes.
    So apologies, and I'm now back on track!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rick*star View Post
    You folks know that I'm not a big snake fan, but, when I saw a program that Animal Planet televised,
    it really made me sick! It was about a rattlesnake roundup in Texas, where people from all over the
    world would come, and roundup as many rattlesnakes as the could. Then, here's the part that left me
    pretty empty, they would take these helpless animals, and ruthlessly kill them in a variety of ways. There
    was nothing humane about this, and these people would get their kicks out of subjecting all these animals
    to cruel and barbaric ways of torturing them by hacking their heads off, or skinning them alive. There was
    this one guy I'll never forget, he wore this stupid looking hat with a stuffed rattlesnake on top, whereas
    he got in to a tub with live rattlesnakes setting some dumb Gluiness book of world record. I'm really
    surprised that the state of Texas allows this brutal act to go on year after year. I suppose it's all about
    the money!
    Quote Originally Posted by rick*star View Post
    I know my previous thread was off topic, but I thought about all the horrific acts that
    are happening against creatures like snakes, just because well, they are snakes.
    So apologies, and I'm now back on track!
    Sadly those are the attitudes we experience all the time, just because we have snakes. People HATE snakes, and it seems an awful lot of people out there seem to think it is ok to torture them, or speak about torturing them, just because they are snakes. I personally don't think everyone needs to like snakes, but they should have some basic respect for the animal since it is a living creature.
    Tying this into the topic... not everyone needs to like the idea of keeping a snake as a pet either, not everyone needs to keep a snake for a pet, but on the same hand, that doesn't mean no one should keep snakes. Likewise not everyone likes dogs, not everyone needs to keep a dog, but that doesn't mean those people should mistreat and abuse dogs.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sorraia For This Useful Post:

Wes (03-10-2013)

Thanks

Angry Re: A member is on TV! (Intervention)

As a responible snake owner I think it is my duty to post this link to Fatal Attractions wikapedia page so someone can put the truth out about this show. Many someones would be better the more the better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_A...ns_(TV_series) I am so appaled by what I read I felt it was a duty to allow snake owners to put the truth out about the show. I have not watched the show so I do not feel qualified.

Ps I hope the troll does not have any 5 gallon buckets they are soooo dangerous.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts

A member is on TV! (Intervention)

Quote Originally Posted by jeanus View Post
    As a responible snake owner I think it is my duty to post this link to Fatal Attractions wikapedia page so someone can put the truth out about this show. Many someones would be better the more the better. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_A...ns_(TV_series) I am so appaled by what I read I felt it was a duty to allow snake owners to put the truth out about the show. I have not watched the show so I do not feel qualified.
    I have watched all the ones they have on Netflix. Basically every show has the same recipe. Show a normal house, add scary music. Show a snake in its enclosure, zoom in, add scary music. Show the poor sap they are taking advantage of Get a clip of him talking then cut to a voice over talking about how lonely they must be to keep such dangerous animals. Animal planet doing their best to put animals in a good light.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Annarose15 (03-13-2013)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast