I was wondering if I should get a Red tail Boa, or a ball python. I know Red tail boas can grow up to 10ft, and even over.

I recently lost my first ever ball python, I got her when she was really skinny, and had coccidia, she died a few days after the vet visit... and I am really hurt by it, even though I only had for two weeks.

The only problem I have with ball pythons are that they are picky eaters...and I don't think I can go through that again... and it's hard to find a place that sells live feeders where I live.

I love Ball Pythons, and I love there personality. I have owned Wild California Kings, Garters, and Grass snakes in the past and they all were great eaters, and actually they weren't to snappy. (Besides the Grass snake, mean little bugger, let him go after his wounds heal'd, he was caught by my cat(Twice! but lived through both times)) The California Kings never bit or struck at me, and were over 4ft when I caught them, I let them go though, I never intended on keeping a wild caught snake. (I had caught these guys)

Anyways, I had been looking up about Columbian Red Tailed boas, and they seemed great. I mean ya they are a little nippy at first, but they easily tame down. Size isn't a problem, but my mother rather I get a ball, because these guys grow huge, and she doesn't want me handling them on my own.

Anyways, what do you guys think? I would love to have some more opinions.