Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,330

3 members and 3,327 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran Exotic Ectotherms's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Reptile Basics is the BEST!!!!

I know that to most of you this is not new information. However, I just had an awesome experience that I feel needs sharing. Let me also state that I have been ordering from Reptile Basics since 2008, so I am well aware of how well Rich treats his customers.

That being said....I contacted Rich yesterday to ask him how long the Flexwatt heat tape is in one of his Iris sweaterbox racks so I could order a replacement piece. I informed him that ever since I got the rack (about a year ago) the Flexwatt has given me VERY inconsistent temperatures. I told him that at first I thought it was my Herpstat, but when the heat tape was plugged directly into the wall I got the same results....Max temp of 95* and as low as 80* in other spots.....very spotty. I then stressed to him that I was not asking for any freebies or handouts and that I am very aware that any defect in Flexwatt is not warranted by him and is certainly not his fault.

He emailed me VERY promptly and told me that he is going to ship out a brand new piece of Flexwatt to replace the one in the rack at no charge. He didn't even charge me shipping! So I feel that the LEAST I should do is inform as many people as possible about the EXCEPTIONAL customer service that Rich and Reptile Basics provides. If you have ordered from them in the past, you probably already know what I am talking about. If you have not dealt with them before...check out their products at www.reptilebasics.com Purchase with confidence!!!

Thank You Rich!!!!
    1.0 Mojave 100% Het VPI Axanthic "Pleepleus"
    1.2 Albino Common Snapping Turtles "Beavis, Patty & Selma"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exotic Ectotherms For This Useful Post:

BallsUnlimited (06-13-2012),KatStoverReptiles (05-24-2012),Rob (05-24-2012),Slim (05-24-2012),Vasiliki (05-24-2012)

Thanks
    No surprise at all. Reptile Basics is a great business and Rich is a stand up guy.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Not surprising at all... and that is a good thing!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I say it all the time and ill say it again. Rich has the best customer service ever. Thats not even a matter of opinion anymore, its just a fact.
    I emailed rick about ordering a rack to pickup at a show really last minute. I figured he wouldnt be able to get the order in for me. Not only did he have the rack for me at the expo 2 days later, he acted like it was no big deal. It sealed the deal, im a customer for life!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

BallsUnlimited (06-13-2012)

Thanks
    Great to hear!! I love RBI as well. I use the Ultratherm heat pads they sell, which are cheaper and so much better made than other brands and sellers. Shipping is reasonable and always quick.

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not trying to thread hijack..... but is flexwatt usually inconsistent as far as heating to the same degree all throughout? My flexwatt isn't perfect.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    Add me to the list of people that have nothing but good things to say about Reptile Basics!

Thanks

Re: Reptile Basics is the BEST!!!!

Rich Rocks nuff said
    Robie

2.0 Normal Ball Pythons Peek a Boo & Dezmond
    1.0 Black Pewter Ball Python Pepe Le Pewter
    0.1 Piebald Ball Python Slinky
    0.1 Siberian Husky Danadog
    2.5 Fancy Rat's Patch, Robin Hood, Lucky, Lucy, Bolt, Cinnamon, Patcheta
    1.1 Great Kiddo's
    0.1 Wonderful Wife
    1.0 Awesome Dad (me)

BPnet Veteran Exotic Ectotherms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    Not trying to thread hijack..... but is flexwatt usually inconsistent as far as heating to the same degree all throughout? My flexwatt isn't perfect.
    I know that it does vary by a few degrees depending where you measure it, but mine was WAYYYY messed up. Without a thermostat controlling it, it only got up to 95*...it is supposed to get over 150* unregulated. Plus I had a 15* difference within inches of each other. It's definitely not perfect, but I expect better than how mine was working.
    1.0 Mojave 100% Het VPI Axanthic "Pleepleus"
    1.2 Albino Common Snapping Turtles "Beavis, Patty & Selma"

Thanks

I ordered a rodent watering system from Reptile Basics along with some other stuff and when I got everything unpacked I was 1 drinking valve shy of what I had ordered. I emailed him and shortly after I got a package in the mail. I open it up to find he sent me 3 drinking valves (2 more than I had ordered) and a few extra T fittings. Absolutely would buy from him again. In fact I go to his site all the time just looking to see if he has anything new I might want to buy from him. Don't need anything, just looking for an excuse to buy stuff from Reptile Basics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast