Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,007

3 members and 3,004 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    My corn snake Skittles really is a Houdini. He's still a baby, 49 grams at most, and when we first got him he was barely 10 grams :o
    The first time he got out he was maybe 9 inches long, skinnier than a shoe lace, and very light, but strong. On top of that we were moving from one house to another, so I was unable to stay in the house overnight (my things were at the apartment).
    I searched the first day for over an hour. I looked everywhere I thought he would be. I checked those places again. Then I searched EVERYWHERE he could be, not just what seemed likely. I searched those areas 4, 5, 6 times. I moved things around. he was gone.
    I barely slept that night. I came back first thing in the morning and looked again and again. Finally I gave up. My skittles was gone I sat down on a toy box and started to cry.
    And then I heard this scratching sound on the hardwood floor. I looked down--SKITTLES WAS SLITHERING RIGHT BY MY FEET!!!
    That was one miracle.
    I got tighter cage clips and put them on his lid. We moved him to the apartment.
    Skittles is a light butter yellow color and our carpet is white. He's hard to see.
    He got out another time; I found him in a box right below his cage. We put books on top of the cage in addition to the clips. He got out again, and I couldn't find him all night. I slept 2 hours at most, and on the floor in case he slithered on me. I put out f/t pinkies on the floor. I put plastic bags everywhere.
    He wasn't in my room. Turns out after 6 people tearing the apartment up in search of him he was hiding out behind a bookcase...in the hall across from my room. Now I have a metal lid on his tank he can't get out of!

The point?
    You have a good chance of finding them if you keep looking.
    Just when I was about to give up every time he got out, he showed up.
    Stay vigilant, eyes always peeled, ears too. Skittles was tiny and I still found him THREE TIMES! You'll find your ball python if you keep searching.
    Look in warm places, look in low places, both of those first. Keep in mind that no place is out of reach--it might look impossible but if they put their mind to it, they CAN climb, squeeze, endure through anything! They are muscle from their head to the tip of their tail. They'll use it all if they want to!
    Look everywhere, not just what seems likely. Check two times, three times, four times--and more. Keep in mind too that while you move things and walk, he'll hear you, and he'll panic and might move! So keep looking--I had checked near the toy box I found Skittles at four times before I must have moved what he was hiding under and he slithered by the box.
    Eventually, they'll make a wrong move and be found.
    Good luck! You'll find him. Keep looking!
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks
    Add on: once recently my bp Nergal got out. He didn't go someplace warm or dark or small--he slithered across the floor in my room, climbed up a cardboard box, and crawled onto my face when I was sleeping. I didn't even know he could reach that far up, but he did. LOOK EVERYWHERE! <3
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks

Re: Odds of finding my lost bp?

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    Add on: once recently my bp Nergal got out. He didn't go someplace warm or dark or small--he slithered across the floor in my room, climbed up a cardboard box, and crawled onto my face when I was sleeping. I didn't even know he could reach that far up, but he did. LOOK EVERYWHERE! <3
    It is amazing the stuff they can climb! I'll get some pics of where I found one of our carpet pythons that got loose last year. I don't know how a 4 foot carpet got up on a shelf that is over 6 foot high up on a sheer wall with nothing to climb but the framing around a door, but she did.

Don't give up yet on finding your ball just yet. We've lost a few snakes and we have found all of them except one, a yearling corn. Luckily balls are fairly clumsy compared to most snakes and it is loose in basement, so it should be fairly well contained.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AK907 For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Yep! They'll climb door frames for sure--I saw Nergal do it at the house once. It's incredible! Their muscle strength is awe inspiring.
    2.3 normal ball pythons

Thanks

In this weeks episode of snakebytes tv they showed a scales corn that got loose. Brian found it like 8 shelves away so they can travel and clime well and fast
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    In this weeks episode of snakebytes tv they showed a scales corn that got loose. Brian found it like 8 shelves away
    You do realize that was staged, right?
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Still looking every day. Still no luck. Won't give up. Dumped like half a bag of flour around my room last night.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Any luck with finding the lil guy?
    My Critters:
    Balls:
    0.1 Pastel "Bellatrix"
    1.0 Pewter "Brian"
    0.1 Bumblebee "Betty"
    1.0 Ghost Mojave "Javier"
    0.1 Mojave het Ghost "Rogue"

Mammals:
    1/2.0 Cat "Magellan"

Other Reptiles:
    1.0 100% het albino Hognose
    0.1 Fire Tiger Bearded Dragon "Cake"
    0.0.1 Sulcata "Boss/Bossie"

Thanks
    No luck. Been looking everyday still. Heat pads are still out. Doesnt help that its getting warm out.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    I would like to share my mothers day experience with everyone on here that gave their impuy helpin me find my snake. It ends with me getting my snake. But trust me its worth reading. Here we go

As i mentioned i was told my sister left the tub open. My birthday happens to be next sunday. As i was browsing craigslist i came across a beautiful albino ball that i had to have. My girlfriend agreed to front the money to me untill my sister paid me for losing the snake. Bought the albino. Brought it home. It felt oddly familliar. Something about it just seemed like ive seen it before. I immediatly compared pics and low and behold... It was my snake 100%. I contacted the lady i bought it from and turns out she bought it from a "woman with pink hair in her early twenties".... My sister died her hair koolaid red.Turns out my sister stole my snake and sold it on craigslist an hour before i discovered it missing! And helped me look for it! For a week! And get this... She sold it for $75!.

Of course she denied everything but the lady confirmed it was her via a picture message i sent her.

It just goes to show that you cant trust anyone.

Also follow your instincts. I knew from the second i saw the drawer open what went down. But without evidence what can i do?.

So all in all, we spent the $300 abd got my snake back and confirmed a suspected thief in the household. What a mothers day for my family.

thanks everyone who unselfishly devoted the time to post on my thread and provide such heartwarming advice and insight into the situation. Its amazing how i can trust you guys more than my own blood.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast