Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,829

2 members and 2,827 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Always use email/text messaging when doing deals unless you really trust the seller. Leaves a paper trail in case things get ugly, meanwhile, phone calls leave he said she said as the only evidence of communication
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks

Re: How long is to long?

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    Have you asked him? I understand your frustration on not receiving a receipt, but it could be that he intends to send it with the shipment confirmation, which isn't scheduled yet if you haven't confirmed your availability to receive them. If he hasn't answered an email where you requested this information, most websites have phone numbers, which are typically better for reaching people who don't sit at their desks all day.
    Yes I have explained to him a few times that I wasn't receiving any confirmation email. He said he would send it personally a few days ago, since it's automated, however I didn't receive it. I actually just received a response from him and he sent me the information I needed. I have to email another account and schedule delivery. There must have been a computer glitch or something for me not to receive the automatic email, I have checked my spam folder and everything. Oh well I am just glad I have the information now and I feel a lot better about the whole situation.
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreese88 View Post
    Always use email/text messaging when doing deals unless you really trust the seller. Leaves a paper trail in case things get ugly, meanwhile, phone calls leave he said she said as the only evidence of communication
    I agree with you when it comes to negotiating the actual sale. However, if you can't trust someone enough to call them as a follow-up to an email you sent, asking for an email confirming ship date, then you should not be doing business with them.

To the OP - I'm glad it looks like everything is working out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    I agree with you when it comes to negotiating the actual sale. However, if you can't trust someone enough to call them as a follow-up to an email you sent, asking for an email confirming ship date, then you should not be doing business with them.

To the OP - I'm glad it looks like everything is working out.
    If you have to ask for a confirmation of sale almost a week later, then IMO...I don't want that person to take my money
    Dylan -- Reese Reptiles

Thanks

OP, glad it seems to be working out and was a simple computer glitch. If there appeared to be an issue, I would have called/texted to confirm. I know it gets old sometimes, but it never hurts to ask again. Sometimes questions can get buried in a long winded message and the seller may have simply forgot to answer it. I think we've all been guilty of this at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by dreese88 View Post
    Eh, these paper trails are worthless a lot of the time when it comes to a big name or popular breeder. I've had problems with a few breeders and always ended up being the one on trial thanks to the fanboys if I had anything to say, even when I provided a "paper trail" and other such "proof". Never hurts to have it, I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12