Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,917

2 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Re: Help Negotiating

Quote Originally Posted by Crewpsu View Post
    Hello everyone,
    First off would like to introduce myself to everyone. I recently purchased a fantastic male killer bee that I'll post pics of in a different thread but need some advice on the female I have my eyes on for him.

The seller is asking $1600 shipped. I'm thinking of offering $1400 with me meeting the seller at an upcoming show they plan on attending for pick up (no shipping). I don't want to offer to little and cause insult. What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance
    I think $1400 is reasonable to offer. If you do the quick math, a show pickup saves ~$50 on shipping, and then the other $150 is basically 10% off. Offer to pay cash or cashiers check, or some other manner that doesn't cost them a processing fee (3% lost on PayPal). If they decline or counter, just be ready with whether or not you still want her, and let them know one way or the other.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    I think $1400 is reasonable to offer. If you do the quick math, a show pickup saves ~$50 on shipping, and then the other $150 is basically 10% off. Offer to pay cash or cashiers check, or some other manner that doesn't cost them a processing fee (3% lost on PayPal). If they decline or counter, just be ready with whether or not you still want her, and let them know one way or the other.
    x2
    I don't think 10% off is in any way a lowball offer. Not saying he will take it but he shouldn't be insulted. If I were selling a snake for 1600 shipped I would almost always take 1400 cash face to face. By the time you add in shipping box, heat pack, snake bag, and time shipping usually runs more than 50 bucks. How long before you can meet him at the show? Are you willing to give him a deposit?
    "Lucky is the man who never has to confront what he is truly capable of" Unknown

Thanks
    Willing to give whatever he wants now as a deposit and the rest in cash at the show. The next show he has listed he will be at is the June 9th Hamburg show. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Thanks
    Hello everyone again, just wanted to say that the seller and I came to a deal I think we are both happy with. That being said I'll share some more info. The ball in question is a black pewter blast as mentioned from Colin Weaver over at ECRB. I'd post a link showing you all the pictures he has of her but wasnt sure that's allowed. She is the only black pewter blast he has up for sale.

Can't wait to pair her with my killer bee in a few years and shoot for a killer widow pin.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crewpsu View Post
    Hello everyone again, just wanted to say that the seller and I came to a deal I think we are both happy with. That being said I'll share some more info. The ball in question is a black pewter blast as mentioned from Colin Weaver over at ECRB. I'd post a link showing you all the pictures he has of her but wasnt sure that's allowed. She is the only black pewter blast he has up for sale.

Can't wait to pair her with my killer bee in a few years and shoot for a killer widow pin.
    Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics. Colin has some amazing animals.

Regards,

B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12