Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,075

1 members and 3,074 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    Call it what you want to call it. That is my opinion, I'm entitled to it. I'm not backing the seller up by any means. I was purely talking about the snakes. Het clowns have a look to them, I'm sorry if you can't see what I'm talking about.
    I wasnt trying to call you out on it and say youre wrong, i was more asking bc i was curious. Sorry if it sounded that way. I have zero experience with clowns so i wouldnt know tbh. I was under the impression that there were no absolutes with het markers.

You know twisted,...if you were really 99.9% sure you would buy the snakes off of david and prove them out lol! I triple dog dare you :p
    Last edited by Mike41793; 05-04-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Re: NERD Genetic Certification?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    I wasnt trying to call you out on it and say youre wrong, i was more asking bc i was curious. Sorry if it sounded that way. I have zero experience with clowns so i wouldnt know tbh. I was under the impression that there were no absolutes with het markers.

You know twisted,...if you were really 99.9% sure you would buy the snakes off of david and prove them out lol! I triple dog dare you :p
    Lol. I have 4 big poss het girls. If i had the cash and didn't have 5 animals in that project already i would. They have been bred this year by a pastel het clown male. We will see how good my eye for a het clown is.

I bought a trio of unknown hets a few years back because they had a look to them. Everybody on here said they were normal...guess what...they all proved out to be het genetic stripes. I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that not everybody pays attention to detail on these animals. Thank god for people like the barkers or Tom baker or the people who proved out the specters and gravel specters. If it wasn't for people holding on to a small sliver of hope that something is going on, we wouldn't have the vast array of morphs we do. It ok though, for those of you who don't pay attention, keep it up cause it leaves more animals for me to pick through.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Lol. I have 4 big poss het girls. If i had the cash and didn't have 5 animals in that project already i would. They have been bred this year by a pastel het clown male. We will see how good my eye for a het clown is.

I bought a trio of unknown hets a few years back because they had a look to them. Everybody on here said they were normal...guess what...they all proved out to be het genetic stripes. I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that not everybody pays attention to detail on these animals. Thank god for people like the barkers or Tom baker or the people who proved out the specters and gravel specters. If it wasn't for people holding on to a small sliver of hope that something is going on, we wouldn't have the vast array of morphs we do. It ok though, for those of you who don't pay attention, keep it up cause it leaves more animals for me to pick through.
    When i start to get into recessives down the road in a few years, im calling you up lol!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to add something about the ripping you off thing. You cannot make claims about him ripping you off until you actually breed the animals out
    True however there is one thing that is disturbing whether they prove out or not and it is the fact that he is falsifying documents and if he does that what else is he guilty of?
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 05-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Slim (05-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    I know what you mean but this thread is also to put this guy on the radar that he is a scammer, I only purchased these "hets" with an agreement that I will receiving LEGITIMATE paperwork about their genetics, which in fact I never did receive and most likely will not. Let me ask you this, you buy a used car off someone, do you not care about the title of the car that you purchased? This is pretty much the same thing, if I wanted to sell these again as hets I couldn't do so because I have no papers on them to prove genetics, just like you couldn't resell a car without the title. By this alone proves I got ripped off and the shady responses and now lack of any response at all by the seller. He commited fraud by showing me a document claiming to be something it is not, that is why he didn't send me the paperwork cause he was smart enough to realize its illegal. If there was no paperwork on these snakes I wouldn't of purchase them, it wasn't that great of a deal to give up. I just trusted the paperwork to be legit.
    David, I PERSONALLY would never buy hets from somebody without papers on hand unless they were somebody I trusted or they were reputable. If you do so, then you are the one that made the mistake. Are you new to this hobby? If so I will give it to you, you didn't know what goes on in this hobby some times. If you have been in for a while, then you should check your procedures. I sucks, I know. I wish we could trust everybody. The problem is the fact that there is too much money to be made and people take advantage of peoples fascinations. Looks at Ballbids for example.

[QUOTE=Deborah;1819462]
    I wanted to add something about the ripping you off thing. You cannot make claims about him ripping you off until you actually breed the animals out [\quote] True however there is one thing that is disturbing whether they prove out or not and it is the fact that he is falsifying documents and if he does that what else is he guilty of?
    I get what you are saying Deborah. On the other hand, somebody is selling snakes and doesn't have the paperwork on hand. With our experiences, we should assume he doesn't have them or he is a scammer. Those are TYPICALLY the scenarios we see so often. Then guys like this guy do stupid stuff to cover their tracks up. Again, we are back at the same point. You should never buy het or snakes for that matter from somebody you don't trust or that doesn't have a positive rep.

I mean really guys, when are we going to learn???? I have read enough and seen enough to skip the shame on them step. If something bad happens, shame on me. I should have known better...Right?
    Last edited by twistedtails; 05-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.
    Mike

Thanks
    Let me add this, I am no means backing the guy up. What he did was wrong and sucks for anybody to have to deal with. Major lesson for the newbs to learn off of here.
    Mike

Thanks

Let me add this, I am no means backing the guy up. What he did was wrong and sucks for anybody to have to deal with. Major lesson for the newbs to learn off of here.
    These were the first snakes I ever purchased online and I am new to breeding but have had ball pythons since I was 6. Lesson learned though and I'll just have to bite the bullet an take the loss. Thanks for all the help though guys I appreciate it.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

Thanks
    Also, don't wanna post another thread but has anyone ever purchased from nicebalz.com?
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    These were the first snakes I ever purchased online and I am new to breeding but have had ball pythons since I was 6. Lesson learned though and I'll just have to bite the bullet an take the loss. Thanks for all the help though guys I appreciate it.
    like I said those snakes look promising... Good luck on proving them out!
    Mike

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    This has nothing to do with Kevin's reputation. The original poster did not purchase the snakes from NERD. That's definitely not what their genetics guarantee/paperwork looks like, either.

Additionally, the only reptile show in NH is put on by the folks at http://www.reptileexpo.com/nefirst.htm Their fall show is normally in September. Wouldn't be too hard to contact them and see whether or not they even had an August show last year.

$.02...
    I don't think anyone meant to dirty NERDs reputation by any of this, just concerned people wanting to let them know that this is happening which is illegal...
    If I was NERD I would want to know if someone was scamming people using my genetic guarantee (whether it be obviously bogus to the buyer or not).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by AJs Snake House; 05-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Balls:
    0.1 '?? Normal
    0.1 '10 Pastel
    0.1 '10 Yellowbelly het Genetic Stripe
    1.0 '11 Lesser
    1.0 '09 Lesser
    1.0 '11 Fire
    1.0 '07 Spider
    1.0 '11 Black Pastel

1.0 '81 Husband
    2.0 '03/'10 Offspring
    Gravid with 1.0.1 twins due Oct 9th 2012

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJs Snake House For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (05-05-2012),Slim (05-05-2012)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast