Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,093

1 members and 3,092 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Re: NERD Genetic Certification?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    I don't think a BOI would help in this situation considering that he told me he sold off his remaining snakes at the Hamburg show last weekend, he claims he wants to start breeding Gila Monsters.
    The way this guy has jumped around from herp to herp, you never know what he might try getting into next. Outting this guy for the whole herp community would be a public service.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    those snakes are definitely het Clown. I'm 99.9% sure
    Please explain what you are basing this very strong statement on?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    Light heads, yellow/brown/washed out color, looks like het clown to me!
    I've seen a thousand Normals that look just like that, and none of them were Het Clown.
    Last edited by Slim; 05-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (05-04-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Thats a gutsy call. Do you have a wheelbarrow to carry around your huge kahones in lol?

But really have you read through the entire thread? Seems like the guy is being awfully shady here. Also how can you tell? Ive seen normals that look like that.
    Call it what you want to call it. That is my opinion, I'm entitled to it. I'm not backing the seller up by any means. I was purely talking about the snakes. Het clowns have a look to them, I'm sorry if you can't see what I'm talking about.
    Mike

Thanks

Call it what you want to call it. That is my opinion, I'm entitled to it. I'm not backing the seller up by any means. I was purely talking about the snakes. Het clowns have a look to them, I'm sorry if you can't see what I'm talking about.
    Could you explain a little about why you think they could be het clowns? I'm curious about why you think so. I read posts about its possible to spot them and other posts that say it can't be done. I can send more pictures if necessary.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I've seen a thousand Normals that look just like that, and none of them were Het Clown.
    Did you breed them out? If not, how do you know they weren't het clown. Google het clowns and compare the pics. There are variances of course, but, they all have a general look that is different than your average normal.
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    Could you explain a little about why you think they could be het clowns? I'm curious about why you think so. I read posts about its possible to spot them and other posts that say it can't be done. I can send more pictures if necessary.
    This is what tells me they look like hets. High white around the aliens heads, clean overall look, lots of blushing, blushed out head, and head spots. When they prove out for you, make sure you post your pictuers in this thread so you can prove me right.

I know you started this thread about genetic IDs from NERD, but, this thread has obviously turned into a bash fest on the seller of these animals. Do you not want them to be hets or something? How would that fix the fact that you spent your money with somebody you don't trust. And if you had doubts on these animals or the paperwork why did you seal the deal? You really should take this conversation on the seller to BOI, you will actually make headway on putting this guy out of sales over there if your are right and he really ripped you off.
    Last edited by twistedtails; 05-04-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Mike

Thanks
    I wanted to add something about the ripping you off thing. You cannot make claims about him ripping you off until you actually breed the animals out. It's not like he sold you a normal and called it a Lesser. Good luck on the whole deal and I hope you don't break yourself by retaining a lawyer for a 300 dollar sale. Even if the guy loses in court somebody has to pay the lawyer and due to the fact that you didn't lose anything other than the price of the animal you will most likely be paying for the cost of the attorney out of your own pocket unless you sue for his cost also, but you will end up paying out up front. This whole thing is a great teacher on why you should only buy from trusted people. If you impulse buy in this industry you can be had very fast.
    Last edited by twistedtails; 05-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

they all have a general look that is different than your average normal.
    I beg to differ, Sir.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

jkobylka (05-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I beg to differ, Sir.
    So be it.
    Mike

BPnet Veteran Jabberwocky Dragons's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanted to add something about the ripping you off thing. You cannot make claims about him ripping you off until you actually breed the animals out.
    Regardless of if the snakes turn out het or not, surely you would agree that it is ripping someone off to use fraudulent paperwork? Maybe the OP wanted snakes that originated from NERD. Either way, it's still wrong to forge paperwork documents and that solidly marks down the seller as scam artist in my book however the snakes turn out.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jabberwocky Dragons For This Useful Post:

DavidMundy (05-04-2012),jkobylka (05-07-2012),meowmeowkazoo (05-08-2012)

Thanks

This is what tells me they look like hets. High white around the aliens heads, clean overall look, lots of blushing, blushed out head, and head spots. When they prove out for you, make sure you post your pictuers in this thread so you can prove me right.

I know you started this thread about genetic IDs from NERD, but, this thread has obviously turned into a bash fest on the seller of these animals. Do you not want them to be hets or something? How would that fix the fact that you spent your money with somebody you don't trust. And if you had doubts on these animals or the paperwork why did you seal the deal? You really should take this conversation on the seller to BOI, you will actually make headway on putting this guy out of sales over there if your are right and he really ripped you off.
    I know what you mean but this thread is also to put this guy on the radar that he is a scammer, I only purchased these "hets" with an agreement that I will receiving LEGITIMATE paperwork about their genetics, which in fact I never did receive and most likely will not. Let me ask you this, you buy a used car off someone, do you not care about the title of the car that you purchased? This is pretty much the same thing, if I wanted to sell these again as hets I couldn't do so because I have no papers on them to prove genetics, just like you couldn't resell a car without the title. By this alone proves I got ripped off and the shady responses and now lack of any response at all by the seller. He commited fraud by showing me a document claiming to be something it is not, that is why he didn't send me the paperwork cause he was smart enough to realize its illegal. If there was no paperwork on these snakes I wouldn't of purchase them, it wasn't that great of a deal to give up. I just trusted the paperwork to be legit.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DavidMundy For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-04-2012)

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast