Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,131

2 members and 3,129 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: NERD Genetic Certification?

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka View Post
    You could not possibly be more wrong about this. The idea that you could possibly pick two snakes that look exactly like those out of a random group of bps and have them prove to be het Clown is astronomically impossible. Having personally hatched hundreds of het clowns I can personally say they come in every variation of the normal "wild type" and have no markers or special look to them.

Not posting this to call you out, only to educate those who would be mislead by your post."
    Alright Justin. Post some pictures of the most normal looking het clowns you have hatched I would like to see how "normal" they look. Can you find any pictures of the hets you have produced that don't have a blushed out head or a head spot? Or one that doesn't have high whites around the alien heads? Not calling you out either, I just want to see some of these animals that you say look normal. I'm curious if my eye is drawn to different things.
    Mike

Thanks
    NERD finally got back to me, they confirmed 100% that it is a fake.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMundy View Post
    NERD finally got back to me, they confirmed 100% that it is a fake.

but doesn't rule out that they are het clowns. he might of just used the name to sell and make money
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crepers86 View Post
    but doesn't rule out that they are het clowns. he might of just used the name to sell and make money
    Most likely not though, but I will be attempting to prove them out if I can get the females weight up by October. I will be breeding her to a male clown I'm planning on purchasing soon.
    Breeding Project
    0.1 Clown
    0.1 Proven Het Clown
    1.0 Pastel Het Clown
    1.0 Pinstripe Het Clown
    0.2 Spider
    0.1 StingerBee
    1.1 Ghana Import

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Het clowns or not the animals are not what the buyer paid for. They were marketed as purchased from and produced at NERD. They were not that right there means refund and animals get returned, het clowns or not its a lie and shady business and simply going "meh they still might be het clowns" just means you're ok with the untruthful business practices as long as in the end you come out on top..

What happens next time they decide to put someone Else's name on that piece of paper?? what if next time it's yours
    Last edited by Freakie_frog; 05-08-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freakie_frog For This Useful Post:

CLSpider (05-08-2012),DavidMundy (05-08-2012),Mft62485 (05-20-2012),Slim (05-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Het clowns or not the animals are not what the buyer paid for. They were marketed as purchased from and produced at NERD. They were not that right there means refund and animals get returned, het clowns or not its a lie and shady business and simply going "meh they still might be het clowns" just means you're ok with the untruthful business practices as long as in the end you come out on top..

What happens next time they decide to put someone Else's name on that piece of paper?? what if next time it's yours
    i didnt say it was still good. it would be like some one else recording a song and saying they wrote it
    The only way to shine your light is in the dark...Never let life kill your spark- Crown the Empire

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

I don't care if they end up laying Golden Eggs, the guy is still a scammer who should never be trusted.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

DavidMundy (05-08-2012),jbean7916 (05-08-2012),PitOnTheProwl (05-08-2012),rabernet (05-08-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (05-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I don't care if they end up laying Golden Eggs, the guy is still a scammer who should never be trusted.
    Though I have said I'm confident that those snakes will prove out, I still believe what this guy did was wrong. Have I missed a BOI thread? It sounds like one is warranted here. Also, this OP must feel pretty bad knowing he was scammed, why wouldn't he want to save the next guys emotions? Just saying.
    Mike

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkobylka View Post
    You could not possibly be more wrong about this. The idea that you could possibly pick two snakes that look exactly like those out of a random group of bps and have them prove to be het Clown is astronomically impossible. Having personally hatched hundreds of het clowns I can personally say they come in every variation of the normal "wild type" and have no markers or special look to them.

Not posting this to call you out, only to educate those who would be mislead by your post."
    I wanted to add that I never said I could pick two random animals out of a group of snakes and prove them to be something. What I asked the poster was if has bred the animals out that he said looked like these that were not het clowns. I know plenty of people that wholesale possible hets off all the time as normals, myself included. Does that make it possible for these normals that people are buying at pet shops as normals to be possible hets of any reccesive morph? Of course it does. Therefor, for somebody to say he sees normals like that all the time that are just that "normals" is a strong statement. Is my statement about those animals proving out strong...Yep. That is my opinion though.

In regards to being misled by my post...If you read my other posts, I stated you should only by hets from somebody you trust or somebody reputable. But, I read a thread a while ago where a het from BHB never proved out and BHB was having a hard time making the situation right. So who knows who to trust right?
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    I read a thread a while ago where a het from BHB never proved out and BHB was having a hard time making the situation right. So who knows who to trust right?
    Hold up, before you go putting BHB's name on blast like that think about it. I believe I know the thread your talking about, and it was a snake bought second hand that was supposedly from BHB. IMO Brian owes some one who bought a second hand snake nothing. Who knows if that snake even came from BHB. Brian produces top notch stuff, and I personally have been happy with everything I have gotten from him.
    Last edited by Rob; 05-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Slim (05-08-2012)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast