Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,881

1 members and 2,880 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: LLL Reptiles?

Thanks

LLL Reptiles?

is LLLReptile.com a reliable place to get hets from, dont want to buy a 100 dollar normal. Nothing wrong with normals I think they are gorgeous but if I buy a het I want it to actually carry the gene.
    Are they reliable?
    Do you have past experience with hets from them?
    Did they prove out?

Thanks
    LLL is expensive from what ive seen on there site but i think they are credible. Just get the het you need from someone credible on kingsnake or fauna.
    Lizards
    1.0 Ornate Uromastyx "Reptar"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    They are reliable from what i have heard. a bit more pricey, but hey theyre a pet store.
    Jen is a member here. Very nice and always full of good info! Username is LLLReptile i believe.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    thats the thing they are expensive for a lot but a boatload less than kingsnake for the particular snake im interested in Male 100% Het Clown

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    I've never had issues with LLLreptile in the past ordering animals. But this was not concerning genetics and %het proving out. A lot of their stuff is not bred in house but bought whole sale from reliable breeders in most cases. They are a large enough company that I'm sure they will guarentee genetics.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Registered User Cameron Lamb Exotics's Avatar
    Thanks
    LLL reptiles is an awesome company but you have to remember they are a petstore so they have overhead to pay so you have to expect higher prices. I order all my supplies mainly from them. Like mentioned they do wholesale the animals they buy so just ask who they purchased the hets from and that person needs to be reliable.

Thanks
    I have to say I love this forum I always receive fast kind and informative answers. Anyways they are closed now but I'm calling tomorrow and inquiring about if they can guarantee the genetics ( have a good feeling they will ) If they can guarantee I'll be placing the order right then and there.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts
    Ask for pictures as well.
    The clown gene tends to show through in their normal hets.
    In all the normal het clowns I've seen, there is no mistaking that they're carrying the clown gene.
    They just look unique.

Thanks

Re: LLL Reptiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Renna View Post
    thats the thing they are expensive for a lot but a boatload less than kingsnake for the particular snake im interested in Male 100% Het Clown
    try baileysreptiles.com they got a couple het clowns

Thanks

Re: LLL Reptiles?

Haha, it's not me personally with the username LLLReptile, I'm posting on behalf of the "company account"...a subtle difference? If it was me personally, you'd see a lot more silly pics of snakey faces, and even more of my blue tongue skinks.

Anyway, on the question of hets - we ONLY get them from reputable breeders who can guarantee that the animals are what they are. We rarely carry hets, but when we do they are directly from someone we know and trust who can back up the claim that the animals are actually hets...which is one reason for not having them very often. I have never once had an issue with someone claiming an animal is not actually het, and while I personally don't have any non-visual morphs, a couple other staff members do and theirs have all proven out.

I hope you were able to get ahold of the warehouse; did this get figured out for you?
    Were you looking at those het clowns, or the het caramel albinos? The het clowns are purrrrrty... Been eyeballing those myself!

-Jen
    LLLReptile and Supply Company, Inc -- Your one stop herp shops online, and retail stores in Southern California!
    Check us out on facebook - www.facebook.com/LLLReptile
    For questions about products or animals, or customer service questions, please call our toll free number at 888-547-3784.