Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,929

2 members and 2,927 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Go with a ball python. There are too many reasons why they are the single greatest pet snake in the history of humanity to go into detail. But just know that this guy doesn't always buy snakes, but when he does it's a ball python.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    They're not kidding with the addiction thing. I went from one snake to five in three years.

I think kings and balls both make excellent pets, as long as you're ready for what each requires. Definitely go to an expo and ask to handle snakes you're interested in (it's hard to find adult Mexican black kings at expos, but an adult California king is roughly the same size and behaves similarly).

I recommend balls to beginner herpers because they're slower and easier to manage. A lot of people who don't have experience with snakes get a bit overwhelmed and intimidated by the speed of colubrids. Plus, balls are easier to find in the event of an escape because they're slower and not as eager to explore tiny crevices in the walls. They're more content to just sit on the floor near the cage XD
    0.0.1 normal ball python - Ramses
    1.0 lesser ball python - Adam
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Crowley
    0.1 normal 100% het albino BCI - LeVeau
    0.1 pit bull/boxer mix - Piper

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have just recently gotten into the world of snakes even though I have always loved them it was just never the right time to have one until the end of Feb. I got my first corn. I would never go back. My corn is about the sweetest little corn you could find. Hes a Ball python and a King Snake in one lol I say this because He just chills when you hold him and eats like a champion. On top of all that he is just super docile.

For the addictive part, addictive is sure what it is. I can literally feel my self crave more snakes. Even though I just started I all ready have another corn on the way and a Ball python in the very near future!

You may want to choose a Corn over a King. I have always felt like Kings are more aggressive. I like some of the morphs on kings tho. But corn morphs are fantastic as well.

Nothing will beat a BP Morph. There are just so many of them and some are just crazy beautiful.

Why not get both
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12