Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,067

2 members and 3,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Hybrid View

Thanks

MAzuri verus dog foo

typing this as about to rush out the door this morning lol..
    I have gotten my second clutch this season ( my het pied to het pied) and also a first time layer that I had for about 3 years.
    Well my first year(2 years ago) I fed the rats mazuri and only that then last season I had to use dog food only as I was unable to get the mazuri from my supplier they were having issues with orders and it never came in. Well this past year they got it straighten out and i was getting mazuri and mixed with dog food.

So first season was all good eggs,
    last season is was all sluggs ( outside the snake from 4thesnakelady since she was fed a better diet )
    and this year the mizure has given me the mix results lol..

so I got 2 clutchs of eggs 1 slug and rest viable . and the possiblity of 2 more clutches befoer the season done. if they took at all.

the funny thing was my het pied ate 2 weeks ago and onlu pushed out a slug 5 days befoer she laid the rest,.

so I thinknig the mazuri a lot better than dog for in my case lol based on the laying of the last three years. ( just sometihng to think about if you breed your own rats get either mazuri or a better dog food don't skimp on what going into your rats cause it going into your snakes too. )
    I made it clear that no more 7-9 dollar dog/cat food is to go to the rats( that for 20-40 lb bags ) they only getting the better 12+ dollar bags when I can't get the mazuri ..
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts

Re: MAzuri verus dog foo

thanks for the advice. We only feed our rats the lab blocks and we give a bit of fresh grains, veggies, and cereals. I buy really really expensive dog food, Acana, its like $40 for a 15 lbs bag so I wouldn't feed it as it would be too pricey but it might actually be very healthy....idk
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix