Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,951

2 members and 2,949 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Lemonback and Fire

I thought I read recently that vanilla was an allele of fire. It was news to me so if anyone can also confirm that please? I am pretty sure vanilla wasn't mentioned as being in the yb/specter/whirlwind/gravel/spark allele complex. Vanilla does have a super (different looking homozygous version), it's just not very leucistic like but I guess I could see it being related to the fire/lemon back/ember/sulfur (which may or may not be related to each other) based on the hets all being bright.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Vanilla Supers with Fire to make the Vanilla Cream. Similar to how YB and Specter make a Super Stripe.

Also, I am pretty sure that VCs cannot reproduce themselves. The Disco gene is thought to be very similar to Vanilla.
    Last edited by Royal Hijinx; 04-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks
    Now, as to has someone bred a Fire and Lemonback together, that I do not know.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    Vanilla Supers with Fire to make the Vanilla Cream. Similar to how YB and Specter make a Super Stripe.

Also, I am pretty sure that VCs cannot reproduce themselves. The Disco gene is thought to be very similar to Vanilla.
    Thanks, if the Vanilla Cream to normal only produces Vanilla and Fire (about 50/50 with no normals and no Vanilla Cream) that would be a pretty good indication that Vanilla is indeed an allele of Fire. Could just be closely linked genes I suppose. I don’t remember even hearing of the Disco gene.

Sorry for the side bar, I'd also be interested to know what crosses have been done between the lemon back, fire, ember, and sulfur to prove the assumption that they are all alleles and in some cases perhaps even the exact same mutation (as opposed to an allele which is a different mutation of the same gene).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyRemington View Post
    Thanks, if the Vanilla Cream to normal only produces Vanilla and Fire (about 50/50 with no normals and no Vanilla Cream) that would be a pretty good indication that Vanilla is indeed an allele of Fire. Could just be closely linked genes I suppose. I don’t remember even hearing of the Disco gene.

Sorry for the side bar, I'd also be interested to know what crosses have been done between the lemon back, fire, ember, and sulfur to prove the assumption that they are all alleles and in some cases perhaps even the exact same mutation (as opposed to an allele which is a different mutation of the same gene).
    I reckon it is because they all produce BkELs with varying degrees of yellow on average.

The comparison that it may work something like a Axanthic is much less likely than it working more like the YB and BEL complexes.

I will be breeding my Flame Hypo girl to my Fire YB in a couple of years, and I anticipate I will get a BkEL.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (04-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Fire and sulfur have been breed together and produced a BlkEL, VC have been reported not to reproduce themselves, so its pretty much proven fire and vanilla are part of the same complex.

I don't see how ember cannot be the same exact thing as a sulfur, both founding snakes bought at the same place on the same day, they look the same, both make BlkEL.... why they think they need to be called something different I have no idea.

Never herd about disco being a part of this either, is it just speculation or has someone done it?

Thanks
    The Disco X Fire has a reaction similar to the VC.

http://www.reptileradio.net/reptiler...ght=Disco+Fire
    Last edited by Royal Hijinx; 04-19-2012 at 05:51 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

OhhWatALoser (04-19-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    On the Specter X YB, is it like the VC? When paired with a normal, it can't reproduce itself? It only produces YB or Specter?
    Lots of BPs, and still not enough!

https://www.facebook.com/selectmorphs

This is addictive...what did I get myself into?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkT View Post
    On the Specter X YB, is it like the VC? When paired with a normal, it can't reproduce itself? It only produces YB or Specter?
    Yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12