Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,525

1 members and 2,524 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts

Re: New pickup - problem

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    This is a good point. You know how they roll on that forum...
    Exactly....

They are already asking if she went to the vet, so I would add that info. Also be prepared to print any emails concerning this on there as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Thanks guys. I'm not really an active member on that forum. I've only created an account to list an animal for sale/trade just recently. Thanks for chiming in, jinx. I'm at work with a computer in front of me the entire day, so hopefully I can keep up with the thread. I e-mailed him this morning telling him I was going to keep the snake, and also to take better care in the future when shipping reptiles. I told him I was not looking forward to doing business with him in the future (for some reason I don't think that bothers him lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    Just be very careful over there with paraphrasing conversations. They will quickly try to turn you into the bad guy if you are not completely spelling things out exactly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

Slim (04-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    Just be very careful over there with paraphrasing conversations. They will quickly try to turn you into the bad guy if you are not completely spelling things out exactly.
    Check. I'm definitely trying to be cautious about how I paraphrase anything. Especially in a BOI thread. I see it as a place for hard facts, not hearsay.
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Please do a BOI thread. I'd like to hear his explaination for shipping the way he did.
    I sent him an e-mail just a second ago. "I posted a thread regarding the shipping method used to ship the clown female in the BOI. A couple people would like you to chime in and explain why you shipped her the way you did. Here is a link to the thread:" Followed by the link to the thread.. I am very curious to see if he changes the answer from what he told me to something else. My own personal opinion based on the what he told me, again, is that he just wanted to save some money... Hopefully he remains honest and professional.

Thanks

Besides the nose she looks like a beautiful snake and a good pick up ... Have you released the name of the breeder? I don't want to end up buying from him ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post
    Besides the nose she looks like a beautiful snake and a good pick up ... Have you released the name of the breeder? I don't want to end up buying from him ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post

Thanks
    just out of curiosity why would you want to keep this persons identity a secret? it would be advantageous to other people to know who this person is so no one does business with them. thats just my view on the subject.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.B View Post
    just out of curiosity why would you want to keep this persons identity a secret? it would be advantageous to other people to know who this person is so no one does business with them. thats just my view on the subject.
    At first I didn't want to start any arguments because he has a good reputation from what I've read previously (which is why I purchased from him). I did not want to call him a bad guy right off the bat because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. After reading the feedback on the situation, it seemed that a lot of people here really wanted me to post about him so they can avoid having animals shipped by him with no label. So I went ahead and posted about it in the BOI. I'm a little surprised on the outcome. Few people are saying it's not a big deal.. A lot of people kept bringing up the nose rub situation, and they were making incorrect assumptions and asking questions.. When I was correcting the assumptions and answering the questions, it's still unclear to me where everyone's stance is on that problem..

I'm mad that she came with a nose rub, but I'm also mad that there was no label! As skiploder mentioned, if she didn't come with a nose rub, I probably wouldn't have been as mad about the label.. I would have been happy she made it here perfectly fine despite the risky journey.. I would have been bothered, but honestly, I probably wouldn't have posted about it in the BOI, or had been as pissed off... I'm happy with my decision to post it there though. At least people can decide for themselves. He's aware of the thread (I sent him a link), and he can comment on it whenever he wants.

Thanks
    alright thanks i was looking at the other thread you made(on another forum) too. I'd be pretty upset about an un-labeled box like that, especially since he did it "to save money" it gives smaller breeders a bad rap. Thats what upsets ME the most. when i start shipping out reptiles and its difficult for me to sell them because people assume im going to ship them the same way as people like this it bugs the hell out of me. people who do things like that i find ruin the hobby for others, thats the most important part IMO.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast