Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,025

2 members and 3,023 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    he says "If you are not happy with the animal you recieved, just put it right back in the box and ship her back.".... That pissed me off.
    You should put something on fauna about him. I can't stand the attitude. He's basically saying he doesn't care about not being up front with you and he could care less how he ships the animals because someone else will buy it anyway. It just sucks because your in a tough spot. You don't want him to go on doing business this way, and have your money. But being the snake lover you are you don't want to put the animal through the stress of travel again. Personally I would keep the snake, but let people know your experience with him so they don't have the same happen to them.
    Last edited by Rob; 04-18-2012 at 08:12 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

meowmeowkazoo (04-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    After reading through this thread again i still cant really see it from the sellers point of view that hes doing what he should. Still seems like a bad person to do business with. If you dont wanna release his name, at least PM the name please so i can avoid him. I promise i wont release it anywhere, i just wanna avoid having the same poor experience. Thanks!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts

Re: New pickup - problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    You should put something on fauna about him. I can't stand the attitude. He's basically saying he doesn't care about not being up front with you and he could care less how he ships the animals because someone else will buy it anyway. It just sucks because your in a tough spot. You don't want him to go on doing business this way, and have your money. But being the snake lover you are you don't want to put the animal through the stress of travel again. Personally I would keep the snake, but let people know your experience with him so they don't have the same happen to them.
    I totally agree. I would not worry about what he (or his friends) thinks of you if you give him some public negative feedback. Right is right and wrong is wrong. It is not that hard to properly ship a snake. The fact that he didn't do it was just laziness and poor service and people have the right to know. I'd go so far as to say it's your responsibility to inform (I do not intend that to be mean - I totally sympathize with your position).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    After reading through this thread again i still cant really see it from the sellers point of view that hes doing what he should. Still seems like a bad person to do business with. If you dont wanna release his name, at least PM the name please so i can avoid him. I promise i wont release it anywhere, i just wanna avoid having the same poor experience. Thanks!
    Please do so for me too if you decide not to go public! I want to avoid him too and promise to keep it private if that is your wish!

Also, I sincerely hope you keep that snake. I know you don't want the guy to have your money, and I don't blame you, but that really is a sweet looking snake and it looks like she has a great temperament and she's fat and big. Despite needing a little TLC, she appears to be a great pickup. Even if she doesn't prove to be het ghost, the clown gene is amazing in and of itself and you can do some really cool combos with her. And sometimes we have to consider the well-being of the animal more than our own feelings. She's better off with you!!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

I actually think I have a tiny bit of proof that he INTENTIONALLY didn't reply to my e-mail..

I sent an e-mail on Sunday (4/15) at 11:05 AM asking a shipping question. I had received no response for a few hours, so at 2:46 PM (same day), I sent him this: "Hello. While looking at the photo of the clown closely, I noticed some odd coloration on her nose. Just wondering what that is? Remnants of a nostril infection? Nose rubs? Just curious if she's 100% healthy? Thanks"

The last e-mail I received from him came at 11:07 PM (same day), and it was a reply to the e-mail just before the one regarding a possible nose rub. At that point, I should have replied AGAIN, to inquire about it one more time which ended up being a very bad mistake..

To summarize this thread for everyone, I'm going to create a post in the fauna BOI stating the improper shipping, and only mention the nose rub. While I agree that he intentionally avoided the question, I have no solid proof. I'll post a link to it here when I create it at work.

I AM glad that he was kind enough to let me hold her for a couple days to make up my mind (even though I had to convince him to). I'm going to keep her and avoid doing business with Rich Kensinger from Colorodo.

Thanks for all the help and support guys
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to h00blah For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (04-18-2012),Evenstar (04-18-2012),meowmeowkazoo (04-19-2012),Mike41793 (04-18-2012),Slim (04-18-2012),Wes (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Please do a BOI thread. I'd like to hear his explaination for shipping the way he did.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-18-2012)

Thanks

After reading this whole thread I'm surprised someone didn't mention the so called issue with his computer freezing earlier. If something actually happened to his computer that could have affected delivery of the email he sent, then he should have checked to make sure that it went through.

I'm also having a hard time believing the nose rub occurred during shipping. Looking at the pics it could have been a previous issue that wasn't completely healed, or previously irritated enough to where shipment added more stress causing her to rub it even more.

One thing I noticed, well two, first you should (if you haven't already) invest in a temp gun and use it when opening boxes from now on. The heating pad in that video was sitting right on top of her with only a little cloth in between them. So her trying to get a way from the heat if and when it got too warm would be an issue.

I have never and hope I never do receive a package with the heat bag sitting directly on the animal. There's always insulation between them, crumbled, shredded news paper or something other than that flimsy piece of cloth, paper or what ever it was.

If the temps were any warmer out side you could have been posting a completely different thread.

With that said,.. I'll be looking for the fauna boi thread for his response. Please post a link when it's up.

Got it,.. just checked hope you don't mind.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=312779

Last edited by bubblz; 04-18-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added link

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblz For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Wink Re: New pickup - problem

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Please do a BOI thread. I'd like to hear his explaination for shipping the way he did.
    Here's the thread:
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=312779
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    Looking at it now, thank you!
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman

BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts
    The only thing I see is you have her listed 66% het Clown, that may cause confusion by the folks who take everything VERY literally over there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinx667 View Post
    The only thing I see is you have her listed 66% het Clown, that may cause confusion by the folks who take everything VERY literally over there.
    This is a good point. You know how they roll on that forum...
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast