Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,097

2 members and 3,095 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Royal Hijinx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,155 Posts

Re: New pickup - problem

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    Here's that unboxing video I promised. Sorry it's not as upbeat and cool as Jinx's lol. I was not a happy camper :
    I would not have been stoked for a bleeding snake either. You do need to release who it is because with an attitude like that I would not want to do business with them. Even if they "fix" it at this point, it would only be from pressure, not from wanting to do the right thing.

If I got a call that a snake I shipped was bleeding, I would be as much or more freaked out than the buyer.
    Last edited by Royal Hijinx; 04-18-2012 at 01:08 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-18-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrvfilms View Post
    Thats such a sweet snake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge8ueGgKfkU

This is a video I made with my friend about ball pythons and other snakes. we have a little series! Be sure to Like it, Comment it, SUBSCRIBE! Thanks guys! keep checking back for more new snakes we get every month from diff shows in PA!

twitter.com/jrvfilms

Congratulations on the nice babies. They are beautiful.
    I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more inappropriate thread in which to advertise yourself.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobNJ For This Useful Post:

C&H Exotic Morphs (04-18-2012),Evenstar (04-18-2012),meowmeowkazoo (04-19-2012),Royal Hijinx (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    I am not sure advertising your youtube channel is really on point here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
    I'd be hard pressed to come up with a more inappropriate thread in which to advertise yourself.
    Seems to be spamming a few threads.

Anyway, keep us updated on her progress. I am sure it will be a non-issue after the next shed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal Hijinx For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNJ View Post
    Post an info thread on Fauna...you wouldn't necessarily be calling him a bad seller, and he'll be more than welcome to explain anything. If/when he tries to rectify his mistake, it will be noted. To be completely honest, he did offer to take the snake back and refund you...that is an offer to rectify the situation. You declined(or are planning to) the offer. The packaging is the glaring error, IMO, not declining to help you out with the vet bill.
    You're right. Thats the only solution he offered. However, in other stories, the breeder/shipper at least apologizes for the the recipient's bad experience, THEN they offer to refund, offer a discount, or in rare cases, they cover the vet checkup/bill. As it was stated earlier, the nose rub could have happened during the shipping process, and since I don't know exactly when it got as bad as it was when she first got here, it just frustrated me more than anything... Especially when I inquired about it (after payment - before shipment), and didn't get a reply.. Supposedly because of technical difficulties... Lots of shady things going on here. I suppose the next step would be to warn others of his shipping method, and hopefully he'll start labeling properly.... Still doesn't fix the snakes nose >_>...

PS: @ the spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    You're right. Thats the only solution he offered. However, in other stories, the breeder/shipper at least apologizes for the the recipient's bad experience, THEN they offer to refund, offer a discount, or in rare cases, they cover the vet checkup/bill. As it was stated earlier, the nose rub could have happened during the shipping process, and since I don't know exactly when it got as bad as it was when she first got here, it just frustrated me more than anything... Especially when I inquired about it (after payment - before shipment), and didn't get a reply.. Supposedly because of technical difficulties... Lots of shady things going on here. I suppose the next step would be to warn others of his shipping method, and hopefully he'll start labeling properly.... Still doesn't fix the snakes nose >_>...

PS: @ the spammer
    I understand where you're coming from...I'd be upset too if I received a red nosed snake in an unlabeled box. Whether he avoided answering your question purposely can't be determined, though I think many people would be riding the same train of thought. My point is, he did offer an appropriate resolution...if not the one you wanted. Return shipping should have been included in that offer...I don't know if it was or not. Some sellers would go beyond what you were offered by this particular person, some won't.

Thanks
    If he was going to offer to pay to ship it back, he could have just as easily returned a portion of the vet visit money. "Just send it back" is pretty flippant, and does not really address the problem and gives the impression that he does not care. With that said, this is one side of the story. That is why it should be brought up on the BOI to allow both sides to explain themselves.

Thanks
    Id say never buy from this guy again. And post this on the Inquiries/Feedback section. Not so much about the snake.. Nose rubs happen.. But yes he should have told you also. The way this animal was shipped. They make boxes just for shipping live reptiles. I have seen way to many box opening videos on youtube. Where people were opening boxes just like this..

A few years ago. Ship your repitles was shut down for a while. You could still buy supplies, but could not ship through them. All because people were shipping animals they were not supposed to. Also animals were getting loose during transport, because they were not in the proper box, and not properly secured.

There is a reason you have to get certified to ship reptiles. To insure the shipping company that these animals will not be getting loose. And for the safety of the animals. They do crush test on the boxes, for the safety of the reptile, and to make sure if the box takes a little damage. The reptile will not get out. They also test your bags, and how the bags are secured. They have their own instructions on how to do that. Its not hard to get certified to ship.. So why not do it? This breeder is, or isnt certified doesnt really matter. The fact that the snake was not packaged right is a problem. If enough people keep doing this. If enough reptiles get loose, or killed. They will take away our ability to ship reptiles. Then what?

Im sorry but its people shipping like this, that will be the end of us being able to ship reptiles.
    The breeder made enough money off of this snake alone, that they could have bought the proper boxes. And ship the animal the proper way. With the low price of shipping supplies. There is no reason to ship an animal in that type of box.

If a breeder cant afford to properly ship an animal. Chances are, they cant afford to properly take care of them either.
    Last edited by ama1997; 04-18-2012 at 02:31 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ama1997 For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    aww she's so cute :3, I would say it would clear up quickly, keep her! (don't do business with that person again)
    Reptiles
    0.0.1 - Rhacodactylus Ciliatus, Cheerio

Mammals
    1.1 - Canis Lupus Familiaris, Little Man & Molly

Thanks
    Congratz on here, she is sexy, as far as the seller, if i was in that situation, i would just keep her providing nothing else is wrong, and avoid business with him from then on. my opinion is that rub was there before she was shipped out, and it should have been made clear to you prior to payment of the condition of the animal. and i also feel that box was a bit to snug for that girl, which probably helped in ripping the scab off her nose rub. But with all the other factors, it not even being marked perishable, this side up, live animal, etc. it would just make my choice hard to keep the animal, but in the end i know she would be alright. Good Luck on what you do.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast