Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,032

1 members and 3,031 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd be pretty up set about the box and would be posting in the BOI. That's just pure irresponsible laziness and the hobby doesn't need someone opening an unmarked box to find a snake inside! The rubbing is just consequential and was no ones fault (if indeed it happened during shipping). I personally would keep her but never buy from them again.
    ~Jessica~

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jsmorphs2 For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012),Slim (04-17-2012),youbeyouibei (04-17-2012)

Thanks

Re: New pickup - problem

Good thing she was cleared by a vet for any other infection, and I do think that her mouth would heal up well after a few shed too. May this be a lesson to any other breeders out there that the simplest mistakes can end up in a pretty bad and maybe even fatal situation. Good thing that's the only thing she had.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy Pythons For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    i'd keep her shes still really pretty or if you dont want her you can just send her to me
    0.1 spider ball
    1.0 pastel ball
    1.0 sunburst bearded dragon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sporty02 For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Will heal easily in few months and couple sheds.

I have pre-made stamps in blue and red ink that i stamp boxes of whats inside and Quantity.

For those that dont know, accepting a box thats not labeled to federal law makes you an accomplice and just as much trouble if caught

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012),MrLang (04-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Thanks for all the comments guys. It's good to hear your opinions. Makes me feel better about the transaction.. Except for you rich.. Lol but thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guys. It's good to hear your opinions. Makes me feel better about the transaction.. Except for you rich.. Lol but thanks for the info
    Were All Guilty for accepting packages not marked. But When I bought form anyone I asked if they marked the boxes. And its 50.50 and sometimes Ill refuse shipment

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RichsBallPythons For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    I would keep her. Though my question is. Was she not in a snake bag or a deli cup? I want to know how bad she got a nose rub. That would not happen if she was in a bag. Well that bad.
    I will keep her just not get anything from that seller again. :/
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkeye714 For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pinkeye714 View Post
    I would keep her. Though my question is. Was she not in a snake bag or a deli cup? I want to know how bad she got a nose rub. That would not happen if she was in a bag. Well that bad.
    I will keep her just not get anything from that seller again. :/
    Actually she was in a snake bag. She was snuggly fit in there, and the guy said he doesn't want them to have too much wiggle room. But since it was improperly labeled, she could have been thrown around, who knows . I really would want to know how the heck it happened as well, but as long as it can get better with relative ease, I can put it behind me, and hopefully I'll be in a good enough mood to take pictures of her. She's such a pretty and friendly gal! 703 grams too !
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    Actually she was in a snake bag. She was snuggly fit in there, and the guy said he doesn't want them to have too much wiggle room. But since it was improperly labeled, she could have been thrown around, who knows . I really would want to know how the heck it happened as well, but as long as it can get better with relative ease, I can put it behind me, and hopefully I'll be in a good enough mood to take pictures of her. She's such a pretty and friendly gal! 703 grams too !
    Alright. i will fly to cali to "visit my family" Then i will tell you for sure if you should keep her.
    I might have to take her home with me to decide for sure though. :]
    Then I'm tiny like a door mouse
    Short like a bungalow house
    Minute like a pixie
    You can barely even see me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkeye714 For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    First off, I agree with everyone else and I'd keep her - she's terrific looking in every other way and this won't impact her genetics so breeding her wouldn't be an issue. She's a great pickup!!

I picked up on 2 specific things when I read this thread:

1) You mentioned her nose looked a bit funny in the pics you saw of her before you bought her. To me, this means that rub was there before she was sent out. I don't buy that his computer froze or whatever. I know that can happen, but its pretty "convenient" in this situation. Plus, as someone else said, if she was in a bag it isn't likely she'd have rubbed her nose that badly just in shipment. This happened before and it should have been disclosed to you by the seller before he sent her.

2) Are you absolutely SURE the label on the package didn't have "live harmless reptile" printed on it somewhere? When Hunter was shipped to me, that was printed in very small print on the label itself on the Ref# line right under the delivery address bar code (albeit it was labeled in bold elsewhere on the box too). But I wondered if the seller did in fact label the box as the Reference is considered adequate by FedEx. I agree that the box should have been labeled much more clearly and therefore this really doesn't matter, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

Look at it this way, with a little TLC, you've got a great new addition and the better end of the deal. You don't ever have to deal with that seller again. Congrats on your new girl!
    Last edited by Evenstar; 04-17-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

h00blah (04-17-2012)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast