Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,898

0 members and 2,898 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

any other gearheads out there?

Little project I picked up back in December '10.
    A very straight '92 roller with plans on doing a '93 Cobra (Fobra) conversion. Somewhat of a "pro-touring"ish concept with a full host of suspension/brake/bracing goodies. Jury it still out on motor: built 347/331 stroker (NA, turbo, or blown) OR '03/'04 Cobra OR '11/'12 Coyote 5.0... forntunately that part is still several years out.
    When she came home...

A prior owner had started to make her a 1/4 mile car (6pt rollbar and tubular k-member)...

I have logged about 60 hours on her... local move, work, family, and a brutally hot summer have not allowed for much opportunity. Hoping for a mild Texas winter.
    If interest is sparked, I will continue to post up my progress... if not, thanks for looking.
    Eric
    Last edited by razrbak; 09-12-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: any other gearheads out there?

Of course there is. Heres my project I've been working on since high school....basically 05

62 GTO Ferrari fiberglass replica, 74 Datsun 260z chassis, 350 chevy and trans were pulled out of an old 80's truck.
    back when I got her

Progress

Pics from last year I think

I havn't done much with her in the last couple years, just drive her around from car show to car show. Interiors a disaster, motor has pretty rough, trans likes to play games. still tons of work to be done, but she catches everyones attention from the outside. Next big thing I want to do is build a e85 motor and drop a 5 speed in there at the same time. Tho my snakes seem to take a lot of my car money lol. One day I'll get to it.

keep us updated on your project!

Thanks
    Damn man! That is sweet, love the silver.

Thanks
    de-"Gee Tee" process.

Sound deadening... also cut out cage door bars and cross bar, too many tubes for my street car.

sound deading roof

heat block roof

... and one of my old fox bodies- '88 coupe w/HCI 331 and loaded w/Maximum Motorsport suspension goodies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
    Jury it still out on motor: built 347/331 stroker (NA, turbo, or blown) OR '03/'04 Cobra OR '11/'12 Coyote 5.0... forntunately that part is still several years out.
    Coyote motor, and you'd have upgrade options down the line when Ford release the blower they have in planning for it.

Would probably end up costing you about the same as building a stroker... my $.02 anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devildog_dk View Post
    Coyote motor, and you'd have upgrade options down the line when Ford release the blower they have in planning for it.

Would probably end up costing you about the same as building a stroker... my $.02 anyway.
    Agreed & there should be no shortage of low mile motors out there in a couple of years. Honestly I am a bit intiminated doing conversion, though I have some good resources for consulting & lending a hand.

Thanks
    Pretty straight fox man... Im new to this site and BP's all together. But Far from New when it comes to Fords. Mustangs must be crazy in TX. Just about every part I sell is shipped to TX. A guy just bought the single turbo kit off my 99 Cobra for a Fox body with a mod motor outside of houston.

Here is my 99 Cobra. Built teskid, 4r70w lentech, SRA 33 spline C-clip elim kit. full spool.... You know the goodies. Im looking for a 9.5 sec. pass. Now she is non-turbo while we fab up a new kit for the foward facing s380r. (Needs paint and street rims but that all will come after the 9.5 sec pass.)
    Next to my new toy a 01 crown vic. Going with a 96-98 cobra engine and juice just for fun.

SRA swap... Bye Bye IRS

The some old foxes... 347 in the coupe, stock 302 in the black hatch with E cam, explorer heads, and bolt-on's. I love fox bodies but I tend to sell them without wanting too. I was filling the black one up and while pumping gas someone made me a offer. Then roughly the same thing with the coupe.

I have had a couple SN-95's... Here is the last one I just sold next to my WRX/STI

And my buddies Race car. He is the owner of excessiveracing.com. The guy can do anything with a Ford power plant. He built the first 327 CI out of a 281 cast block. Before him they only went to 323. His race car is a push rod motor tho.

Sorry for rambling on, but I have only met 2 people interested in Mustangs and snakes lol. And your one of them. You got a great start there which im sure you know. Seems like you havent made your mind up on the powerplant yet. I know that feeling.
    Last edited by Quikcobra; 09-12-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
    Agreed & there should be no shortage of low mile motors out there in a couple of years. Honestly I am a bit intiminated doing conversion, though I have some good resources for consulting & lending a hand.
    In a couple years you could prolly also find a tranny to go with it too, but i'm not sure if there's any workaround for the PATS yet, the old type A PATS all you had to do was use a matching steering column and ignition for the PATS type motor you had (and have a dealer flash them if they weren't from the vehicle you pulled the motor from).

Thanks
    QuickCobra- gonna be quick car.no doubt. I believe I like the orange coupe the best... but have always been partial to coupes.
    This is only my 5th 'stang -3rd fox, a 2v and 4v SN95(spread over the last 20 years). It changes daily in my head where I want to go with motor... which ever way 1.) it will pass emissions and 2.) it willl have ac (something not figured out yet on Coyote-I believe) 3.) and a streetable 400+rwhp. All three powerplants will get me there.

BPnet Veteran Highline Reptiles South's Avatar
    Thanks
    Here is a little project I've been working on for a while. 2004 Dodge SRT-10 Ram. On engine number 3. Tuned this week and made 670hp and 760 lbs at the rear wheels.

I bought the truck in 2004 with a blown motor. It had only 2k miles! We built another and it grenaded at the Mopar Nationals. It was a long haul getting all the parts (well saving up for the parts) to get her back together. I'm real pleased with the results. For those that don't know trucks they are the ones with the viper motor. Over the years we finished the motor..all billet, customer cam, bored, stroked, arp studs and billet cross bolted mains, custom fuel system.

When times were good I got a Paxton Supercharger kit for it. That thing has been sitting in the garage for 4 years and i didn't have the $$$ to do it. Finally got it done and tuned LAST week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9AL7OrcNBw

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast