Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,019

4 members and 3,015 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Help... BP has her right eye is bulging

Quote Originally Posted by aimin4strz View Post
    Again I would like to thank everyone that provided any information on what we could do for our snake because she is part of our family.
    7. Finally, if you want to make any example of us to others, don't bother!!! Trying to make an example of someone on the same day it happened makes you a piece of crap! We already feel terrible and are trying to do everything we can to bring her back to health. You might know a lot and saying "I told you so" might make you feel good, but again!!!
    Those two paragraphs are very conflicting, and the last one was VERY uncalled for and still is even after being edited.

You were given GREAT advices. No one accused YOU of any wrong doing and no one is trying to make an axample out of your situation.

Seems to me that you are a bit too sensitive at least when it comes the forum format, you are misinterpreting what you read and see attacks where there are none and with the attitude you just have shown I wouldn't expect people that posted here to try to help you in the future should you need assistance.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (02-20-2012),Slim (02-20-2012)

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    I don't think anyone was trying to make an example of you or be rude to you. It is very hard to tell emotions through text on a forum. Everyone here has simply been trying to help out the best they could. Try not to take it personally. I know you're stressed out because of this and probably feeling like crap over it but is it worth it to say such things as you just did and get infractions??

As for your question.. Yes it can take days for it to progress. Like the pictures you posted showed, the swelling gets worse as time goes on. It will take time before you'll know if those eyes are going to be ok or not. I'm not sure there is much even a reptile vet could do at this point. Maybe you could contact the vet again and explain the scenario we think may have happened other than just a punctured cornea. See what they say because it looks as though the other eye is pretty bad now too.

I'd keep it on clean paper towels, keep the water clean and changed daily to avoid bacteria, and whatever else the vet tells you to do to keep the eyes from drying out or becoming infected.

After that it's just a waiting game.
    Last edited by Foschi Exotic Serpents; 02-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (02-20-2012)

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

7. Finally, if you want to make any example of us to others, don't bother!!! Trying to make an example of someone on the same day it happened makes you a piece of crap! We already feel terrible and are trying to do everything we can to bring her back to health. You might know a lot and saying "I told you so" might make you feel good, but again!!!
    I just read the entire thread and I really haven't seen anyone trying to make an example of you or anything like that. I understand that this is very stressful, but the people who posted here are just trying to help and make sure that this doesn't happen again.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrownscales View Post
    That is why you should Never ever try and remove eye caps. Oh poor baby.

Btw I know you had no idea and I'm not trying to be mean. I hope this can come as a learning experience and for other that are trying to do this exact thing I hope they see this and understand why not to touch the snakes eyes.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com
    Mabey I am just reading more than what is there, but this seems a lot like "trying to make an example of you or anything like that".

BPnet Veteran The Serpent Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 Times in 2,344 Posts

Mabey I am just reading more than what is there, but this seems a lot like "trying to make an example of you or anything like that".
    I completely disagree, all Homegrownscales was saying is that he hopes something positive (the prevention of this happening to another snake) can come from something so negative (your snake getting injured)

Btw I know you had no idea and I'm not trying to be mean. I hope this can come as a learning experience
    Last edited by The Serpent Merchant; 02-19-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    ~Aaron

0.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown Ball Python (Hestia)
    1.0 Coastal/Jungle Carpet Python (Shagrath)
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa (Nergal)

0.1 Bearded Dragon (Gaius)

1.0 Siberian Husky (Picard)
    0.1 German Shepherd/Lab Mix (Jadzia)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Serpent Merchant For This Useful Post:

Evenstar (02-20-2012),Stewart_Reptiles (02-19-2012)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's not making an example out of you if you see it that way than again you are reading something that is not there YOUR rudeness however was hard to miss and left no room for misinterpretation

Any experience good or bad including YOURS may benefit someone in the future, if people cannot learn from other's experiences what is the point?
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    As for your question.. Yes it can take days for it to progress. Like the pictures you posted showed, the swelling gets worse as time goes on. It will take time before you'll know if those eyes are going to be ok or not. I'm not sure there is much even a reptile vet could do at this point. Maybe you could contact the vet again and explain the scenario we think may have happened other than just a punctured cornea. See what they say because it looks as though the other eye is pretty bad now too.
    The pictures I posted were taken with a hour today when we woke up. Last night we handled her as we normally do and her eyes appeared to be fine. It was 8 days ago we had him "remove er eye caps". I put that in quotes because at this point, I dont know what was done. We have checked her eyes right after he did that and several times during the week and everything seemed fine, including last night. I just dont understand how this happened overnight and got so bad. Yes she was soaking in water, but only part of her body was in water. How can her eyes just being in a very humid enclousure cause this. And if her eyes were injured, why did it take 8 days to start seeing any change?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I really don't know exactly what happened, but it may be that some of the water was absorbed while it was soaking and caused the damage that was done to become visible. The damage may have been there all along just not visible.
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.”Winston Churchill
    1.0 '10 piebald, 0.1 '10 het piebald, 01 '07 het. Piebald
    0.1 '10 lesser, 0.1 '10 albino, 1.0 '11 Black Pastel het. Albino, 0.1 '11 het. Albino, 0.1 '08 het. Albino, 0.1 '10 het. Albino
    0.1 '09 woma, 1.0 '10 Pewter, 0.1 '11 Lesser Bee
    0.1 '10 Super Cinnamon Woma, 0.1 '10 Mojave Spider, 0.1 '11 mojave, 0.1 Super Chocolate
    0.1 '10 Pastel Yellowbelly, 1.0 '11 Pastel Yellowbelly
    1.1 '10 yellowbelly, 0.2 '10 normal
    0.1 '08 Cinnamon, '08 Normal, 0.1 '10 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Black eyed lucy possible yellowbelly
    1.0 '11 Cinnamon Enchi, 1.0 '11 pastave
    0.1 '10 coral albino Boa, '10 1.0 Sunglow boa, 11 0.1 Motley boa
    0.1 '11 Central American hypo boa, 1.0 Central American Motley
    0.1 '11+T Albino Blood, 0.1 '11 poss het. +T Albino Blood

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    That's not making an example out of you if you see it that way than again you are reading something that is not there YOUR rudeness however was hard to miss and left no room for misinterpretation

Any experience good or bad including YOURS may benefit someone in the future, if people cannot learn from other's experiences what is the point?
    I completely agree and if my mistake could stop someone from making the same mistake in the future, then Great, but if you were in my shoes, would you want others to use your mistake or circumstances as an example to other on the same day, while she is getting worse and still unable to find a trusted herb vet?

Thanks
    Since It was my post you seem to be having issue with. Again.. Like I said in my first post I wasn't trying to be mean or make an example out of you. I've seen so many people get picky over eye caps that I was stating This reason is why you shouldn't ever touch eye caps. I've done it myself when I first got Into snakes. What you thought would be impairing eyesight definately was not in any way impairing the snakes eyesight. I've seen this so many times it's rediculous and just wanted others or new people reading this that are possible even remotely thinking of trying to remove eye caps or even have someone (even VETS) attempt to do it... to rethink it. I wasn't trying to point the finger at you, or make an example out of you. Text in forums is taken so out of context, and I know how easy it is when you feel bad about something to take everything as insult. That was not what I was trying to do.

As for some new information...
    It can take a week or even longer for things to build up as an infection..etc. As we know for snakes things don't happen instantly. The super increased humidity could have done it. Sitting in water is never good for any reptile, increasing humidity can be done with just covering the screen, or spraying warm water in the enclosure once more per day.

Check out what's new on my website... www.Homegrownscales.com

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast