Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,106

1 members and 3,105 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Re: Help... BP has her right eye is bulging

Quote Originally Posted by aimin4strz View Post
    We are in her original tank... But I am unable to get to it where it's at to transfer it to her quarantine tank...
    Why not just clean out her original tank so she's on paper towels in there?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    I think everyone can probably agree to stop the bickering at this point. The main concern from the beginning was the snakes wellbeing and I think everyone was on the same page with that but emotions run high sometimes and words on a computer screen can be taken out of context.

I'm really happy your snake seems to be doing better and I honestly wish her a speedy and full recovery. You obviously care about her a lot and it sounds like she's on the right path to getting her health back.

All the best...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Becs080 For This Useful Post:

apple2 (02-21-2012),shelliebear (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Agreed!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

This is what I'm talking about... your helpful...
    Just making a point, which once again, was missed...

Fine, but I really do want to know what your Vet said about how Keratosis from a small piece of the eye cap caused both eyes to swell?
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Seriously?? Forced?? How do you know what my snake wants... I have had her for quite some time... I know her temprament... I have a decent idea of what she likes and dislikes... I don't get that feeling from her.. but thanks for assuming...

You are all making this bigger than what it is... She is fine... They aspirated the the space she is out of surgery and doing fine... I have to give her antibiotic injections 2x a day and she has antibiotic drops for her eyes. The vet didn't disagree with anything I had done... she actually suggested that I should continue soaking her for an hour or two each day... She is home looks very comfortable moving around just fine and the dr. even suggested that we try to feed her today to see if she is interested...

All I can think of is how ridiculous this has become... You all can continue to tell me I made bad choices.. but it's doesn't fix the problem... It would be helpful if you stopped targeting and became more helpful because I thought that was the purpose of a forum like this... If you don't have something respectful and helpful then don't bother... but I think we have received all the help we are going to get from this forum.... This was such a bad decision to come here... Thanks for making me feel like the worst person in the world I appreciate it!
    How do you know what the snake DOESN'T WANT?
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    .1 ultramel motley het caramel corn snake
    1. butter motley het caramel+stripe corn snake
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

Thanks

Seriously?? Forced?? How do you know what my snake wants... I have had her for quite some time... I know her temprament... I have a decent idea of what she likes and dislikes... I don't get that feeling from her.. but thanks for assuming...

You are all making this bigger than what it is... She is fine... They aspirated the the space she is out of surgery and doing fine... I have to give her antibiotic injections 2x a day and she has antibiotic drops for her eyes. The vet didn't disagree with anything I had done... she actually suggested that I should continue soaking her for an hour or two each day... She is home looks very comfortable moving around just fine and the dr. even suggested that we try to feed her today to see if she is interested...

All I can think of is how ridiculous this has become... You all can continue to tell me I made bad choices.. but it's doesn't fix the problem... It would be helpful if you stopped targeting and became more helpful because I thought that was the purpose of a forum like this... If you don't have something respectful and helpful then don't bother... but I think we have received all the help we are going to get from this forum.... This was such a bad decision to come here... Thanks for making me feel like the worst person in the world I appreciate it!
    No ma'am, you are being ridiculous. You didn't update us till just now what the vet did, and what the diagnosis was. I went off what you said.
    Again, you are attacking THE ONLY PEOPLE standing by your side.
    It was no attack.
    You do not know what the snake wants. You cannot act like you do. And nor can I. But I know we cannot expect things from it--like the snake being ok being forced to bathe over night. Would you put your child in the tub overnight? I hope not. It would be wrong.
    Animals cannot speak for themselves. For lack of a better explanation, they are like what my grandma says--"little retarded children". They cannot speak. Nobody can know what they want. I still get the sense you didn't read my entire post--or you're just reading what you want to read if you did.
    I didn't attack you, but I'm getting a bit sick of your drama. Forgive me, but I took the time out of my day to respond to your cry for help. I said nothing wrong. I accused you of NOTHING--and you lash out, yet again.
    I'm done then. Simple as that. I hope everyone else will be as nice and caring to you as I was trying to be.
    And if this isthe attitude you take with your pets--taking advice from experts and denying that they know anything because they can't ASK THE ANIMAL ITSELF, then you really should perhaps not have pets until you can realize that there are people who know better than you. People who know better than me.
    I come here for that advice. I know little to nothing, especially without help from people here.
    If you don't like our advice, by all means, I think the door is somewhere around that logout button. Feel free to use it.
    I'm glad your snake is doing better though.
    Also, I'd like to mention that if your snake really is fine, you wouldn't have come here in the first place. YOU are making this bigger than it is. You have been every time someone replies to you.
    I'm done feeding the troll.
    2.3 normal ball pythons
    1. fiance I had to rehome my kitty, and my dog got cancer and we put her down. RIP.(Did I forget anything??)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelliebear For This Useful Post:

apple2 (02-21-2012),Slim (02-21-2012)

Thanks

hehehehehehehe FINALLY a poo slinging thread that has went on as long as a poo slinging hybrid thread
    spooky
    Last edited by mr.spooky; 02-21-2012 at 05:05 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.spooky For This Useful Post:

Maixx (02-22-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
    How do you know what the snake DOESN'T WANT?
    Exactly, and a snake that is put into a separate container filled will water and closed in without the option of not soaking is in essence "forced".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Domepiece For This Useful Post:

shelliebear (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Domepiece View Post
    Exactly, and a snake that is put into a separate container filled will water and closed in without the option of not soaking is in essence "forced".
    And that--that is all I was saying. If you don't know for sure the snake is ok with it, you probably shouldn't do it....Well worded up there.
    2.3 normal ball pythons

Thanks
    Glad to hear shes doing better. I suggest you take Slim's advice about taking only what information helps you to get your snake better, and just filter out whatever else you dont want to hear or read. This forum is probably the most important tool for me when it comes to information about my snakes.. I hope you find it as helpful as I have
    Matt

0.0 Ball Pythons (for now )
    http://iherp.com/mattchibi

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast