Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,373

2 members and 3,371 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Help... BP has her right eye is bulging

Quote Originally Posted by heathers*bps View Post
    Were you able to get your snake to the vet? How is she doing?
    She is doing fantastic! The swelling has gone down on the Right eye... Left eye has stopped bleeding and is decreasing in size... The vet believes she will retain a strong portion of her vision... They aspirated both eyes in an attempt to drain any unwanted fluid with no return which is good... I will give her antibiotic shots 2x per day for 10 days.... She has Tobramycin drops that we will put on every 3-4 hours... she is already improving... I believe she will have a very good recovery. Thank you for your concern and help!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aimin4strz For This Useful Post:

dragonboy4578 (02-20-2012),heathers*bps (02-20-2012),L.West (02-20-2012),WarriorPrincess90 (02-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy4578 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that your bp is doing well, and I hope it has a quick recovery.

Personally I wouldn't try to feed it today. Your bp has been through a lot the last few days, and giving a day or two without being fed shouldn't hurt it.
    Thank you! I agree... She currently eats frozen weanling rats... I think I might try to feed her something smaller in a couple of days because I don't want to create any unneeded pressure... I feel much better that she is doing better now... Thank you again!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aimin4strz For This Useful Post:

dragonboy4578 (02-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

Did the vet diagnose the source of the problem?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    I would also like to know what the vets diagnosis was. It just seems weird that it would take 8 days to show up if he removed the eye cap, and I doubt 5 House of soaking caused this.
    Click here to see My collection & Available> http://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals/...2-08169f5b8efc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jason79 View Post
    I would also like to know what the vets diagnosis was. It just seems weird that it would take 8 days to show up if he removed the eye cap, and I doubt 5 House of soaking caused this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    She believes it's Keratosis, due to lid inflammation from a small peice of the eye cap that retained in the lower lid... she said there was no way we would have know because of where it was located... but they tried to aspirate it to make sure it wasn't caused by the soaking and there was no return which is good... just a severe eye infection and they believe she will keep most of her vision... right now she can't see anything so hopefully it comes back soon...

Thanks

I need to do my best keeping her humidity up with only being able to use paper towels as a substrate, and I also need to keep the heat up without being able to use all of her heating pads because I am worried there isn't enough substrate to prevent her from burning herself.... Should I try to use Sterile Water when spraying the tank for humidity...?

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    If you're worried about her burning herself then I take it you're not using a thermostat to control the UTH??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aimin4strz View Post
    you are inferring that you don't approve of what I've done... which in turn is an insult...
    Please explain how not agreeing with your methods is an insult?

again Thanks! I have no intention of listening to this anymore... I would give anything right now to delete this post...
    So you're done with this then....

Thank you! I agree...
    Except you're back now? Is that because you agree with this last piece of advice?

She believes it's Keratosis, due to lid inflammation from a small peice of the eye cap that retained in the lower lid...
    Did your vet explain how Keratosis from a small piece of the eye cap caused both eyes to swell?

I need to do my best keeping her humidity up with only being able to use paper towels as a substrate, and I also need to keep the heat up without being able to use all of her heating pads because I am worried there isn't enough substrate to prevent her from burning herself.... Should I try to use Sterile Water when spraying the tank for humidity...?
    Before I give you my opinion on your sterile water question, I need to know if you're going to go straight up and turn left if you don't agree with my opinion? I find it hard to look past the following:

again Thanks! I have no intention of listening to this anymore... I would give anything right now to delete this post...
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents View Post
    If you're worried about her burning herself then I take it you're not using a thermostat to control the UTH??
    We are in her original tank... But I am unable to get to it where it's at to transfer it to her quarantine tank...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Please explain how not agreeing with your methods is an insult?

So you're done with this then....

Except you're back now? Is that because you agree with this last piece of advice?

Did your vet explain how Keratosis from a small piece of the eye cap caused both eyes to swell?

Before I give you my opinion on your sterile water question, I need to know if you're going to go straight up and turn left if you don't agree with my opinion? I find it hard to look past the following:
    This is what I'm talking about... your helpful...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast