Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,774

0 members and 2,774 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Female Will Not Lockup ... seeking Advice

Greetings, have not previously posted, but seeking breeding advice. Despite several breeding seasons under my belt, have a challenge with a Female that I believe has not locked up this season. I realize Ball Pythons won't breed until they're ready ... but she's an '08 Lavendar Albino, weighs 1500gms, s/b ready to go. Mating her with a '07 Double Het Pied male, about 1100gms. Environment is perfect, have half dozen other girls breeding with multiple lockups already. Its possible I've just not witnessed a lockup, but have them together weekly, with ample breaks in between and not observed anything. The Female did stop eating around Xmas which I can only assume was not a good sign given it was early in the cycle. Seeking any advice at this point on how members might have had success getting a pair to go. Its a high dollar match, so anxious for results, but not to the point of risking either animal. Thanks in advance, David.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely possible that you haven't seen anything. He might be a shy breeder, but it's also possible they aren't breeding. Have you bred either one of them with different snakes? If you don't want to breed her with anything else, just keep pairing those two and hope you just haven't caught them in the act.

Thanks

Re: Female Will Not Lockup ... seeking Advice

Hope shes not like one of my girls. She was a '04 that didnt show any interest in breeding until the 2010 season. They do things on their own time, and just dont tell us whats up.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Are you sure she is not a he?
    A quick popping/probing couldnt hurt...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    It's definitely possible that you haven't seen anything. He might be a shy breeder, but it's also possible they aren't breeding. Have you bred either one of them with different snakes? If you don't want to breed her with anything else, just keep pairing those two and hope you just haven't caught them in the act.
    I have not bred either previously. I did insert my male Super Pastel with the pair last night in hopes to spur the Double Het. I'm hoping your right, and have just not witnessed anything yet, but I'm pretty observant. thx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Are you sure she is not a he?
    A quick popping/probing couldnt hurt...
    its a good question, believe me I've popped her several times doubting myself as well. thx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fatSNAKEs For This Useful Post:

Mike41793 (02-11-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aalomon View Post
    Hope shes not like one of my girls. She was a '04 that didnt show any interest in breeding until the 2010 season. They do things on their own time, and just dont tell us whats up.
    Wow six years, my worry too. thx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

They go when they want. Just because she is 1500 and you are ready doesn't mean she is. Last year we had over 15 girls that didn't go that should have and this year we already have 5 clutches and expecting 4 more soon. Some girls lay every year some won't. I have all my snakes in the exact same conditions yet some will lay in Jan-Feb and others as late as October-November. If you are doing everything correctly all you can do is be patient. There is a lot of waiting in this game I have a 3000 + pastel(my prettiest one) that I am still waiting 4 years on

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Jungle View Post
    They go when they want. Just because she is 1500 and you are ready doesn't mean she is. Last year we had over 15 girls that didn't go that should have and this year we already have 5 clutches and expecting 4 more soon. Some girls lay every year some won't. I have all my snakes in the exact same conditions yet some will lay in Jan-Feb and others as late as October-November. If you are doing everything correctly all you can do is be patient. There is a lot of waiting in this game I have a 3000 + pastel(my prettiest one) that I arm still waiting 4 years on
    Interesting. Agree on the waiting game. Have a feeling this is not her year either. Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Have you paired your female with any other males ? I understand you are working on a specific morph, you could be in for a long wait. I have some girls that wont breed with some of my males, and I can throw a different male in and have a lock in no time. Hopfully they where breeding while you where sleeping.
    Good Luck.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Pastel 0.1 Pastel Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Spider 0.1 Pinstripe 1.1 Orange Ghost 0.3 Normals 0.1 Chocolate Lesser 1.4 Lessers 0.1 Het Orange Ghost 1.1 Fire 0.2 Het Red Axanthic 1.2 Lesser Het Red Axanthic 0.1 Fire Het Red Axanthic 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 Yellow Belly 0.1 Bumblebee 0.1 Genitic Banded 1.0 Enchi

Corn Snakes 0.1 Pink Snow

Crested Geckos 1.0 Red Harlequin 0.1 Chocolate Harlequin 0.1 Red Flame 0.1 Flame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast